Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

My sons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Lucinice posted:

In Canada the box + a single legion book is going to cost like 500 bucks because of the exchange rate and tax. I could buy an xbox with that money.

Yeah as much as I like my plastic drugs it gets pretty absurd pretty quickly when it comes to the price

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

BULBASAUR posted:

Which legions are you new folks thinking of starting?

I half jokingly want to do Loyalist Emperor's Children and Traitor Iron Hands

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

jassi007 posted:

I hated almost all of that book. In hindsight its kind of neat how it shows their slide into Chaos but the entire time I just wanted to smack some common sense into them. The ending is pretty sweet though.

Ferrus shoulda given his bro a couple more hugs

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
I think if the emperor had just come by and hugged horus a few times after he became warmaster the whole mess woulda been avoided

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
One of the selling points of HH stuff is being compatible with 40k. Even the characters and such can be used as fancy captains or whatever

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Der Waffle Mous posted:

The primaris squad composition was if anything an intentional throwback to legion squad compositions

Plus having more unified squad weaponary speeds up play

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

They are the all female legions.

The emperor declares that girls have cootius primus

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
Now parge the lathe

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Stephenls posted:

If I recall correctly, when GW first announced that 8th edition would do away with USRs and put all the relevant info on the datasheets, nobody foresaw all those units getting identical rules with different names. I mean, why would they? That’d be ridiculous. Likewise, it wasn’t apparent just how many rules would be offloaded from the datasheets that were gonna have “all” the rules in favor of putting them in the army rules overviews, because why would folks assume GW would eliminate USRs only to immediately reinvent them in all but name?

And then that enthusiasm for the version GW talked about before revealing all the details of its implementation just kinda carried forward.

I wish that they had just started putting the USRs on the datasheets. Keep it consistent and also eliminate the need to pull out the main rules if you forget how something works

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Adding a number to the USR probably fixes this complaint but I'm mostly remembering those times around edition changes where entire armies get flung around the power rankings because the USR the codex changed.

I'm looking at you, dark eldar and fnp.

Yeah that is an excellent addition. I hope that a lot of the good stuff from HH 2nd makes it to 40k 10th or whatever

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

GreenMarine posted:

Each primarch represents an aspect of the Emperor's personality (perhaps a virtue and a vice). What are the two aspects that we would expect to see expressed as Primarchs that aren't? Might give a feel for who the two missing Primarchs were. Their sins were probably exaggerations of their personal flaws.

Gay and Trans

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Gato The Elder posted:

Iron Warriors have some of the sickest looking unique units in the game. It would be a crime to play them and not field Tyrants and an Iron Circle maniple.

Otherwise just try to build something that feels fluffy and cool. 30k is basically historicals and imo it is the most fun when you and your friends are all invested in the narrative.

I hope my Iron Hands get some more units eventually. Immortals and Gorgon terminators are neat but I'd love one or two more that lean even more into the mechanicum connections

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

moths posted:

I think this occupies the spot old deathwind drop pods would, so it's relatively consistent with the fluff.

Still sucks it's got new Aquilas moulded onto it, this would look sick with Eyes of Horus everywhere.

1/7 down! FotA is the dumbest idea I've ever loved.

That is a handsome Dreadnought

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Yvonmukluk posted:

I mean they probably could, but they prefer the eye-searing pink. Or leopard-print. I mean there's probably some in the classic purple (I imagine Bile's entourage, perhaps if they're not on Slaanesh's bullshit?)

There's a short story where Eidolon and the Kakophoni are fighting some other EC and get acid dumped on them that turns their purple bright pink. They think it's rad and start chugging the acid

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Randalor posted:

I honestly keep getting the Iron Hands confused with the Iron Warriors. They're both Legions that have Iron names, they both focus on machines over people and becoming machines, except that Perterabo at least has his "gently caress you dad, I'm an athiest" aspect and the Iron Warriors have biomechanical horror as their design aspect.

Iron Hands are cyborg horrors but they only get interesting in the 41st millennium

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Nancy posted:

Don't want to play as them, but it'd be cool to see someone do traitor Iron Hands with that sick eye everywhere.

I really want to get some Eye of Vigilance decals one day

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
WELL EXCUSE ME EMPEROR

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Eediot Jedi posted:

What's that behind you? No really!

Haha made you look, hydra dominatus.

I'm imagining the pettiest alpha legion warband ever

"Is the Golden Throne running?

THEN YOU'D BETTER GO CATCH IT, HYDRA DOMINATUS"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
Plastic Gorgon Terminators when GW?
Helfathers and Gholas whe?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

So I wanted to do this for a while. Still trying different versions as well as a friend doing a 3d file for a jar of pickles and a jar of Nutella to print...

Original eating from a can:

Can of soda version:

Edit:
Bonus image:

:yeshaha:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
I wonder if the Sicarian variants will grt plastic'd too. I think I'll probably pick one up. I was xonsidering the Kratos but I kinda prefer the look of the Sicarian.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
Those are hilarious, if I ran space wolves I'd definitely have lots of wolf cosplay marines

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Eediot Jedi posted:

Has the raven guard kit been previewed yet? It could be interesting if they went this hard with the wolves.

I want to see the Iron Hands upgrades

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
The Wolf Wolfers

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
Tanks looks so good in Iron Hands black and steel

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Pinwiz11 posted:

Hubris. He jumped into Istvann V way too early and paid for it with his life.

He let his anger get the better of him, but otherwise didn't do much dumb poo poo. He probably coulda hugged Fulgrim more I guess

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
Meanwhile the Iron Hands will go to war with their own clan companies if they disagree hard enough

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Broken Record Talk posted:

Post-Istvaan Iron Hands might be (mostly) Loyal, but most of them are also one step away from being Chaos Space Marines.

Hereteks aren't always traitors :ssh:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

The Demilich posted:

Still curious if my drills need to be proxies for something else now lol

That would be so loving weird

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Major Spag posted:

Pintle weapons were okay but not ground breaking in HH 1.0. Now that they're 100% defensive weapons so there is no downside other than the extra points.

As far as I see, there's nothing that screams "Buy! buy!" at the moment but some are definitely outperformed by others. Multi-melta seems really popular for popping tanks but is really pricey.

They're a nice little bonus if you have spare points

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
They're doing them in Legion order right?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Pinwiz11 posted:

As an Iron Hands player...

:negative:

I know your pain

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Lucinice posted:

Today's heresy Thursday is some really nice looking Iron Hands upgrades that I will definitely steal for my Iron Warriors and no one can stop me

https://www.warhammer-community.com...i-upgrade-kits/

yesssssssssssss

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
I can't wait for more weird tanks to get plastic'd

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Nazzadan posted:

Looks like they wanted him to be switching the fire mode from rapid to execution or vice versa but the finger is so far away that it does look like he's going "check this thing out."

"Anyone know what this button does?"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Lucinice posted:

I used the praetors from the box set to make some kitbashes and I ended up not being happy with them since they were my first.

I'm going back to the drawing board and trying again at some point, but I have one thing I need to figure out before I do.

Should an Iron Warriors warsmith wear a cape?

A hazard stripe cape perhaps?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
The feather crest looks pretty sick! I do miss the old raven skull though.

Anyone know of a site with the old OOP forgeworld stuff? I have a bunch of vague memories of the old legion boxnaughts and stuff but it would be nice to have pics.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Bad Decision Dino posted:

Also even more of a plastic/resin hybrid, an extremely cursed combination IMHO.

They'll bring back the leg and arm details as metal upgrade kits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
Yeah that is an awesome rich purple, I'm jealous