Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

CapnAndy posted:

It helps tremendously to translate the costs from gold to real money. They want either $9 or $12 per variant. You really wanna drop :10bux: on a jpg?

sure, if they're giving me a buck or two every couple of days from the weekly quests then i'll cash in on a shiny .gif since it's not like i can cash gold out either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

oh im wailing every time i see their poo poo rear end pixel art alright

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Reek posted:

Maybe an unpopular opinion but I think the pixel art is cool and it's the Scottie Young bullshit that is terrible

it's really a shame because i fuckin love skottie young's art but at some point he got pigeon-hole slammed into the giant headed baby x-men thing

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Duck and Cover posted:

Exactly it's exactly that. It's heroes, not champions. It's dota like, not moba. It's alpha/beta/open beta not early access. It's expansion, not DLC. *grumbles*.

it's autocarriage, not car! it's picture, not movie!!

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

important PSA to those just realizing you can emote by tapping on your character portrait:

you can also emote on cards on the board by tapping on them and selecting the little tongue-face in the corner

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

the absolute glee when i realized that the match with the "ongoing effects are disabled here" location, my opponent was playing dino

it was like i could see into the future

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

I went ahead into pool 3 and finally got over my ranking hump from the past few days to clear rank 70 running my own zoo/swarm (the playstyle, not the nazi made of bees) number and have run into maybe two or three Killmongers and only one that actually made a difference in the past 24 hours. It's very easy to get people to prematurely smash down a few 1-drops thinking they're cutting out the footholds when actually the entire ladder is still in my hand.

Also Nova+Carnage is just gross on Cloning Vats. I love it.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

HebrewMagic posted:

This deck loving rules dude

This is extremely close to a control deck I've been doing work with for the last week through pool 2/early 3. I ended up dropping Carnage for Scorpion after a while (Nova getting anything off of Skillmonger is just a nice bonus now and aagain), and I run Shang Chi and Emma Frost over Star-Lord and Groot, with Hulk as a finisher over Professor X; it's a lot of answers to a lot of problems and you'll usually know if they work by the time you're really snappin' off. But I love the Guardians theming narrowing down their drop locations by doubling up storm/prof and I might try out this style of the deck in full.

Also the best thing about running Agatha is that she literally won't allow any other card in your deck to get boosters at the end of the game.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

uXs posted:

I don't think I can do much with Debrii until I get Patriot at least, or with Electro until I get Zero (but I'm open to suggestions for pool 2 decks + those cards), and Black Cat seems unplayable (but same), but Daredevil seems like a top tier pull.

Debrii is definitely a solid add to standard Kazoo decks if you enjoy playing them/can avoid Killmonger saying goodbye to your little friends, since she's a more solid body than Squirrel Girl and throws in some clog-your-opponent lanes fun too.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Squiggly posted:

Best deck is still kazoo, you just have to accept you auto lose to killmonger

slam down squirrel girl and snap smugly on turn one or two, emote a thumbs up maybe

then when they hubristically reply with killmonger immediately on turn 3, punish them by spamming out the rest of your stuff

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

what i'm saying is that marvel snap is a JUST HOW STUPID IS THIS GUY simulator

this guy usually ends up being me

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Alright, who's the popular online rear end in a top hat who got everyone to netdeck Wong this morning?

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah the only downside of Mysterio is if you throw him in a deck with no benefit from the extras, you gain the benefit of ~mind games~ but also clutter up your own board with crap. If you're not going to flood every location anyway it's not much of a downside.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Burden posted:

Saved up to 5000 credits to jump into pool 3 and got Black Cat, Doctor Octopus, Magik, Moon Knight, and Colleen Wing. Now gotta figure out some decks with these new cards. Seems like Doctor Octopus could be fun in causing some chaos against some decks.

magik best girl, best card

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Daily Mission refreshes give you exactly the same amount of Gold per Credit cost as just buying Credits, but also gives you Season Pass XP; so if you have the pass, buy missions. If you don't, it doesn't matter.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

yeah there are some real jank interactions that don't work how you'd think they would just because their wording is extremely inconsistent on their card text

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Wait, has anyone actually .. played real Thanos and not just gotten the random draw one? I mean I'm not gonna sit here and call a card trash that no one has actually been able to use beyond a stat stick.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

And that is where maple syrup comes from

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Had Valkyrie in my shop immediately after the update. Easy come, easy go, tokens.

And then opened Luke Cage on my first cache.

Been having a lot of fun with a toxic deck now.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Scrap Dragon posted:

Oh neat, it looks like a lot of the variants now tell you which artist drew them now.

Anyway, I've got Luke in the shop and his ability seems... not that great? Are there a bunch of Series 4 cards that reduce power or is this just for people who really hate Spider-Woman?

Running Luke, Hazmat, and Typhoid Mary can let you get up to some stuff. I'm doing that along with Blue Marvel and Debrii and have pulled off some bullshit; drop Typhoid Mary anywhere when Monster Island spawns to dodge and use up the Shang-Chi. Use Debrii + Hazmat to throw -1 Rocks onto Sanctum Santorum or an Iron Man square. It could definitely use some more power-downs for perfect synergy and the deck I'm using doesn't feel complete by a long shot as I continue to tweak it, but people aren't expecting a lot of the stuff you can do with it at the moment. Having most of your board dinged down only to drop Blue Marvel and Luke back to back can be a surprising board-wide power swing.

Importantly, Luke works exactly like Colossus; your cards can't have their power reduced from any source. Lizard now has no downside. Scorpion does nothing to your deck. Any of the negative zone / sewer locations are free bingo. He's much better than he seems on paper, but he does still feel like ne needs a bit more support to be more than niche. Luckily it's a very fun niche.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Just when I was resigning myself to the doldrums of dailies until I got the next chance to buy a card that would let me play an actually strong deck, along comes Wong in a cache. Thank you blessed Dinners.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

flatluigi posted:

i'd rather turn gold into credits (either directly or with missions) to try to get collection level up to get more cards in general, personally

Sir I’m going to have to politely ask you to step outside, Video Games is a place for dress up and not efficiency.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

it's bonkers that anyone would spend that much on apocalypse instead of a waifu card

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

goferchan posted:

I'm guessing the next bundle won't be $100, that was the really expensive one they put out first to make the $60 one look like a great deal.

The next bundles are in fact 5000 and 6000 gold according to datamines, with three more that are "cost unknown" and so presumably just paid with regular money.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

I have Korg Fan Club title so I starry eyes every Korg I see.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Just try and convince me that Infinaut doesn’t exist in the first place because that happened to some dev during play testing.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

If you're running Warpath you really want to be running like, Klaw and/or Omega Red, stuff that will give you points without bodies.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

No Wave posted:

Still don't think it's actually good in any firm tho tbh.

wrong

even if my opponent was rude and retreated before my hazmat could even flip

(this deck is in fact not particularly GOOD by most metrics, but it is extremely rude, which is far more important to me)

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

I pulled Drax the other day. My buddy said "Well, it could have been Quake?"

I pulled Quake today.

:negative:

I am rapidly reaching the point where ANY unlock will be a good one at least.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah it’s bad theming. But also Destroy doesn’t need more location help.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

It's two cards, Michael. How meta could it be?

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

My Wong secret is that unless I’m angling for a big “you better retreat” Odin play, most people think that my Luke Cage is there to counter my Typhoid Mary and not my T6 Wong+Hazmat.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

I've gotten Winter Rogue and Winter Rockslide, and I'd like Winter Ebony Maw but I already have another sick variant of him, so I feel pretty good about this stupid stupid RNG "spend more money!!!" event.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Aero is good by a.) grabbing priority and b.) grabbing their big turn 5 attempt to do fuckin anything lol

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

I worded that poorly; Aero doesn't grab priority by herself: she's just a card that excels when you have priority. So you want to be dropping big numbers early, then using her to mess up their late game plays.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

That's why I run Magik and Storm. Everyone gets cocky once they think they've got an extra turn to gently caress around.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

in fact if you could remove The loving Sentry from all future, present, and past marvel properties we'd all be better off

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Only players can play cards.

Cards that say they can play cards are liars and cheats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Locations can also not play cards.

Except for Vormir which will play your card and destroy it if you send it to your opponent’s side.

I am a very consistent game.