Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Liking this game, hoping to get out if the 100% win/bot land soon to see if I keep liking it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

Pretty good luck with the first 2 areas, can't complain about a 0 cost 5 power iron man

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Built a deck for the Odin meta with the 2x on reveal location in the hot spot. Guess I'll have to start doing the maths as I looked well in the lead only to end up losing the middle location by 1 after everything resolved

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

Xtanstic posted:

No maths, only vibes.

Yeah who am I kidding, I'm always taunting my opponent into snapping and yoloing there.

Also works as a bluff!! :

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Hey every once in a while you get that + to cards with no powers location and yeah that is the only use I got out of him in a starter deck

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
E: referring to the raft, took me a second to post

It's good if you can toss a nightcrawler in there and then replace him with a surprise 0 cost hulk.

Last time I had that location I ended up with a worthless Galactus

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Lol at this shenanigans deck I just made.

1. Play nightcrawler on Bar Sinister, move them away.
2. Play Hulkbuster on Bar Sinster.
3. Play Kazan on Bar Sinister.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
I don't always lose, but when I do, I'm sure to confidently snap first :smug:

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
The stars aligned and even survived the quad yondu and they ran before turn 3 even started. I JUST WANT TO SEE THE BIG NUMBERS

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

Klungar posted:

Don't worry, Grand Central would have hosed you over by throwing your Onslaught on Middle, they were just saving you from that rage.

Oh yeah, def would have happened. It happened to me one of the last times where I had the "cards cost +1 on turn 5" location so I couldn't play Blue Marvel.

e: GOT EEM! And they snapped!

(prob a bot, idk)

Reek fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Oct 27, 2022

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Made a move deck and it can be hard to play but fun when the plan comes together. A lot of matches end with me just going gently caress it lets drop heimdall and see what happens and then its a nice surprise if i win

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

Kull the Conqueror posted:

If they ever start releasing variants featuring my favorite artists my willpower is so screwed.

As a guy with boxes full of unread comics because I liked the artist/cover, I feel this in my bones

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
My Odin deck shot me to rank 55 but I've been stuck there for the last week, just bouncing between 57 and 53

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

BGrifter posted:

Yeah it feels like the high 50s and 60s are a real quagmire. I’m still making some progress but it’s a lot of retreating 3-4 times followed by one 4-8 cube win. I’m not sure I’m having fun anymore.

I guess this is just "pool 2, but missing a few key cards that would make it consistant" level. I need to retreat more and not make that last play when I'm like, eh probably not but maybe I'll win!

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Maybe an unpopular opinion but I think the pixel art is cool and it's the Scottie Young bullshit that is terrible

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
You know what drives me insane? The curved edge on the galaxy phone making it easy to accidently hit the end turn button. Nothing like being about to drop the hammer on someone and ending your turn without playing instead.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

This guy could not quit fast enough when hobgoblin double revealed back to him. Too bad too I had a nice little MM thing going

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
I spent three turns building a +6 multiple man earlier to have my opponent casually drop the Shang Chi. Suddenly I'm sitting there with just a lone Forge in play. But yeah, I couldn't even be mad. Drop the fist bump and leave

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
troll deck is my new favorite

e: when they hit you with the scorpion but it secretly buffs Hobgoblin and you play it back at them like a reverse uno card

Reek fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Nov 5, 2022

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
I love unintentional interactions. Just had a guy play enchantress on Washington D.C. (+3 if no abilities) where I had 4 ongoing cards. It neutered them but then gave the lane +12 since they were all now powerless. They couldn't back out because they insta-snapped after they dropped it.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
I would like for them to add an opt in chat just so op can talk to himself because literally no one else on the planet would opt in

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
looks like sunspot will be my last pool 2 card, been annoying seeing him in every deck even if I manage to destroy him more often than not

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
oh man why did it take me all day to think of this, vision into shuri's, a 14 power card you can move

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
that is p much the best card

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
oh man i didn't realize the rare ones were shop only, i guess thats where my gold will go

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
how to win the game on turn 2

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

Just Chamber posted:

So it's a lot of bots all the way up to rank 30 again this season?

yeah and its weird, seems like there are plenty of players but every couple games I am getting a braindead bot making bizarre plays. Like I've snapped on turn 3 and they play it out, playing cards on turn 6 that wouldn't even win the lane they are playing in

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

Toozler posted:

I am just a few cards into Pool 2 and just pulled in order Storm, Infinaut, Shang Chi, and Killmonger. Time to scroll back through thread and see what cool stuff I can make now

killmonger is great, especially early pool 2. throw him in a deck with nova for a late game buff all of your cards/destroy your opponents zoo/sunspot/antman/ebony maw/whatevers

storm can be a little more tricky to pull off what you want but a storm -> jessica jones combo works pretty well

infinaut can be fun but I found it was more miss than hit when trying to play him. either I didn't have enough power on the board where I could not play turn 5 or my opponent saw it coming and just left when I didn't play a card anyway

shang chi is ride or die right now with shuri's location, throw him in a deck to destroy their entire powered up location or take down their devil dino after they drop him and snap

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

WarEternal posted:

This is making me wonder if I can bluff a blank turn 5 during a snap and have people retreat in games I'm otherwise losing, lol.

If you have Sunspot or someone out there that makes the setup look right, sure. I've def won games with a bluff snap. Like this one I posted a few pages back:

Yep, I'm dropping that Odin in the middle lane, nothing you can do about it buddy.

Just do it in turn 5 so you can still retreat if they call your bluff and snap back :keke:

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Yeah obviously I spam I'm Losing! And Aaaaagghhh!! When I'm 100% No one can see through my reverse psychology

I did spam a guy with Snap??? The other day trying to get them to snap back. You could tell they were really thinking over their moves, trying to figure out what play I could possibly make. Eventually they snapped back. My big brain play was to Shang Chi the lane I knew they were dropping their 12 energy apoc, only nothing happened because Armor was in play. I had played the Armor. Sometimes my brain turns to mush after a few games.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Yeah I am right at that point but keeping myself at the end of pool 2 as long as possible. I'm sitting on about 3k credits so it won't be very long before I have to start diving into pool 3

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

priznat posted:

Credits are capped at 5k?

Yeah and it really hinders progression if you hoard passed the cap

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

best self inflicted instant retreat play ive had in a bit

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
I hit the cap and had to start on pool 3, my first card is Wong. He is slotting nicely into this BP/Odin deck I am working on:

You got a turn 4 Jubilee -> Infinaut? Oh no! Anyway...

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
How does dark dimension treat the guardian cards? Does it only proc if they play a card there on turn 6?

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
It does seem p lucky Wong was my first card. Running him with BP and calling it the WongKanda deck

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
# (1) Iceman
# (2) Forge
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Okoye
# (2) Scorpion
# (3) Nakia
# (3) Storm
# (4) Wong
# (5) White Tiger
# (5) Black Panther
# (6) Arnim Zola
# (6) Odin
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJuaW1ab2xhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJPZGluIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXb25nIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJY2VtYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcm5hZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNjb3JwaW9uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOYWtpYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Rvcm0ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJsYWNrUGFudGhlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiT2tveWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkZvcmdlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXaGl0ZVRpZ2VyIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Loving this one I saw on snap fan. Didn't realize black panther will double again after you hit him with zola

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
My game name is just my first name so when I do something really dumb I just pretend im a bot

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

Reek posted:

# (1) Iceman
# (2) Forge
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Okoye
# (2) Scorpion
# (3) Nakia
# (3) Storm
# (4) Wong
# (5) White Tiger
# (5) Black Panther
# (6) Arnim Zola
# (6) Odin
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJuaW1ab2xhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJPZGluIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXb25nIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJY2VtYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcm5hZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNjb3JwaW9uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOYWtpYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Rvcm0ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJsYWNrUGFudGhlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiT2tveWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkZvcmdlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXaGl0ZVRpZ2VyIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Loving this one I saw on snap fan. Didn't realize black panther will double again after you hit him with zola

Dropping Carnage and adding Ironheart for a third win condition when you don't draw one of the other setups

Top tier wong/ironheart/Odin shenanigans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

Nikumatic posted:

Alright, who's the popular online rear end in a top hat who got everyone to netdeck Wong this morning?

wong owns so much i spent my first gold

i just dropped him in a game and the guy instantly retreated after seeing him, lol because I didn't have any cards to play and was debating whether i should retreat now or later