Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

This has been my favorite win so far:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

MODOK making GBS threads blood is the only good pixel variant:

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

I was about to live the Hobgoblin Uno reverse dream with Odin but my opponent retreated before it could resolve :(

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

What the gently caress? I had copied my opponents Galactus from hand using White Queen. We both drop Galactus on T6; opponent in left lane, me in middle lane. I had reveal priority as indicated by the glowing nameplate. Mine reveals first, but opponents Galactus resolved first giving them the win.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Just had an opponent place Dracula to Cloning Vats on turn 6. He discarded the cloned Dracula :drac:

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

mirror123 posted:

I ran into a string of these decks so I started morphing their infinauts

I want to see a recording of the backfire when Morph pulls Destroyer.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

This was a fun win. Big brained a T5 skip so I could do a T6 play of She Hulk on Warrior Falls to blow up all the other cards there and use Aero to pull opponents 6-cost card from Plunder Castle over to Rickety Bridge, winning the game with only one card left on the board.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

If Taskmaster gets Zola'd, does he copy Zola or the last card played before Zola? I am guessing the card before based on Jubilee's on-reveal nesting rules, but things like this aren't always consistent between cards.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Logic suggests he copies Zola as it's the last played card so you get two zeros, down from whatever it was before

A Jubilee'd Taskmaster copes the card played before her, not Jubilee.

RevKrule posted:

Taskmaster's value is set before you play Zola. So whatever your last card played before Zola sets his power, then Zola copy's that new powered card to two locations.

Ahh, so he's like Mystique where the on-reveal is removed after it activates versus other cards, ie Spider Woman where the cloned cards on reveal triggers again.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Skippy McPants posted:

No, it doesn't it's... it's weird. Here is how the interaction works,

1. Zola is played from hand, and his On Reveal triggers.
2. Zola's On Reveal destroys Taskmaster (say this Tasky has 15 Power) and adds a 15 power Taskmaster to each other location
3. The new 15 power copies of Taskmaster trigger their On Reveals and copy the power of the last card Played.
4. The last card played isn't Zola because On Reveals happened before a card is considered played.
5. So the new power of each Taskmaster will be the power of whatever card was played before Zola.

With how games tend to unfold, the target for the Taskmasters will probably be Taskmaster since the usual way this unfolds is Tasky on 5 and Zola on 6. So both Taskmasters would stay at 15 Power in this example.

However, if you played another card between Taskmaster and Zola, like Ebony Maw, the copied Taskmasters would target him with their On Reveals and go from 15 to 7 Power each.

Ahhh yes, this is what I was expecting to happen. The edge case I was thinking about was exactly that; if there was a card played between Taskmaster and Zola. The Taskmaster clones on reveal triggers, complying whatever was played last before Zola. Zola follows on reveal nesting rules.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Super Skull would be more interesting if the Fantastic Four were all consistently themed with synergistic ongoing effects. As-is, only half of them have ongoing, neither of which have synergy. The main reason you’d want to steal from Invisible Woman is to deny the effect and fizzle whatever combo your opponent is hiding behind her, meaning that it’s likely your Super Skrull won’t be picking up multiple ongoings if played against her. That leaves just Reed Richards which… meh.

Sure, there are plenty of other ongoing cards, but I think it’s generally a big miss that there is very little thematic design alignment. The GotG cards are a good example of thematic consistency, but lack synergy. There’s some space to play with that, and the FF would have been a good candidate since they’re (as a baseline concept) limited to a 4-person team. Wouldn’t make sense with large groups like the Avengers or X-Men due to roster size and diversity, but for a small, set team/theme like FF? :cmon:

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Today I discovered that Falcon will pull an opponent’s Titania back to your hand if she’s on your side when he triggers. I was 80% sure it would work like this, but wasn’t certain if she’d go to my hand or back to the original owner. Im assuming Beast does the same.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Titania + Viper in an open lane will cause Viper to toss Titania over to the opponent where she then promptly jumps back onto your side.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Tribunal needs a “turn this location into Mojoworld” card to combo with. Would still be tricky to manage the opponent’s card count on the location to make sure you come out ahead for the +100.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

I got tired of facing all the endless flavors of Thanos decks back in June and took a break. Destroy Thanos, Ongoing Thanos, Lockjaw Thanos… Decided to fire up the game again yesterday. I’m down in the 20s due to having not played for two seasons. 5 matches in a row; all Thanos. One was even a goddamn Galactus Thanos. Cool cool cool, this is totally fun.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Valley of the Hand revives the cards destroyed by Lamentis-1. That was a fun discovery. I was playing Cerebro-5 and got 5 free cards since Spider-Man promptly moved out of the lane after reviving.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

If I have to face the stupid destroy grief bot-piloted deck one more time I’m going to uninstall. It’s not hard to beat, just annoying. Usually has some combination of:

Korg
Iceman
Daredevil
Armor
Colossus
Green Goblin
Debrii
Hobgoblin
Professor X
Destroyer

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Have 5 energy on turn 3 because of the Altar of Death hot location. Drop Sera. X-Mansion triggers at end of turn and gives me Mystique first, which copies Sera. Guess what card my opponent gets? Enchantress. Yeah ok, I’m done for today.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

DrBouvenstein posted:

Oh neat, and yeah I do remember seeing other people play those Killmonger and Collector variants.

I don't think I've seen that Viper one, and that seems to be it for the "B+W+one other color" versions from that artist.

And I've seen/own several more from that artist, but I was hoping there were more cards I actively play in that one-color style.

You haven’t seen the Viper one because that’s Mantis, not Viper.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Devo posted:

Moon Knight is cursed to discard whatever card you want to discard least at that particular moment. Believe me, I've tried.

Moon Knight and Iceman aren’t actually random. They use eye-tracking through your front-facing phone camera to determine which card in your hand to hit.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

I have achieved the pinnacle of deck customization

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Big brain: Legion-ing The Vault on turn 5 so I can’t play anything turn 6.

Bigger brain: Jeff turn 6 into Angela.

Galaxy brain: Me drawing a card turn 6 to give Devil Dino +2 and keep the lane.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

GarudaPrime posted:

Is it confirmed rav doesn't work with knull. I know that was the assumption but I'm curious how it works in practice?

I haven’t tested it, but I assume she’ll work on him as long has his power is 1 or less. Once his power goes above that then she doesn’t affect his cost any more. So yes, in theory Ravina affects Knull, but in practice it wouldn’t be very useful because Knull’s whole point is jacking up his power.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

I am assuming that Elsa won’t buff cards that generate things, ie. Doom, Squirrel Girl, Shana, etc. since the extra cards aren’t “played”.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

novamute posted:

Howard is really just going to stay series 5 forever isn't he?

The only good thing about getting Howard the Duck from the random cache is that now you can’t get Howard the Duck from the random cache.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Ha ha, I just had a game where Ego played Magik onto himself :rip:

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

They have only recently been doing store takeovers. They did them for two days in October with the Midnight Suns thing, and then in November there were two Peach Momoko ones. This hasn't been a majorly scheduled thing.

There was also a Dan Hipp takeover at one point.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Was just the beneficiary of fantastic “I am a genius! …Oh no!” from my opponent. They filled the left lane on turn 5 so that they could play Shang Chi into Sinister London on right lane to get a clone into mid lane. Problem was, they were trying to Shang my Ebony Blade and its clone.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Donating Titania to your opponent on turn 6 and filling your own lane so she doesn’t hop back on 7, stealing all the C3 buffs :thurman:

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Yep, they would have triggered a second time bounced back.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Jedit posted:

Zabu needs to return to his original text but be OR instead of Ongoing.

Keep Zabu the same but only work for the lane that he’s played in.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

There’s a new pixel Debrii in my shop. The size of the “pixels” aren’t uniform across all elements in the piece. That is such a massive pet peeve of mine; it breaks the most basic principle of pixel art!

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

GarudaPrime posted:

make the stones start in your deck or whatever.

Quinjet used to make the stones cost 0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

The first Hipp album is all ongoing cards. Second album is all 1-cost cards.