Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

tbp posted:

liverpool shoudl sell salah alongside mane and just call next year a wash. theres a loving world cup in the middle of things so its gonna be weird as hell anyway. buy that canadian kid thats good in france or whatever idk

i remember arsenal being in this situation with alexis and özil, and in hindsigt, just letting both of them go would have been the best decision. Interesting to see if Liverpool learned anything seeing that play out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

what a game Wales had against Denmark at the euros, surely this time they'll win

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

the sex ghost posted:

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1534685365646262274?s=20&t=ptZH-WS52_825aZMvX-47A

£47m to getting shuffled out on a free. Sad!

Remember him signing and thinking that he was nailed on to do well at arsenal although most of that was me going 'arsenal+french striker = good' admittedly. What went wrong, was it just him falling out with arteta or what

Excited for him to immediately score 700 goals next season

he was a not very good striker for 5 seasons in a row. He was so bad in his first season that Wenger immediately paid an even higher fee for Aubameyang in the Winter window

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Weird, hit double digits every season except the last one?

50m striker who never scored over 15 goals, while also being unable to hold up the ball and had no pace. A worse replacement for Giroud.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Jippa posted:

Lots of chat (not just papers) around spurs going for richarlison for big money. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1535639275643064320

bit of a maybe - maybe not

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

West Ham having a really good window if this goes through (although I assume Onana is the eventual replacement for either Rice or Soucek next year)

https://twitter.com/skysportsnews/status/1554751285332955136?s=21&t=_4BReAeCXHHbJhNVCgvb0w

i've read he's incredible physically and off the ball, but has some difficulties on the ball and is pretty raw. I don't know if that's just the typical racism, but people say he's really good

UnderFreddy fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Aug 3, 2022

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Von Linus posted:

They definitely need the cover for Partey but I think they probably are afraid they can't get anyone as good, and want 'internal solutions' instead (and hope that he's not sent down).

They need someone to give Saka a break is the basic idea. He's played every game he's available for for ages.

When Arsenal gave ElNeny a new deal they dedicated themselves to the 3 6s this season being: #5, Sambi, ElNeny. Signing anyone else would mean 4 players for 1 position

Desperately need winger cover but now that Pepe is gone it should be easier

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

sticksy posted:

Even if he’s 30 and they paid £60M, I don’t see how they’ll regret buying one of the top defensive midfielders in the world who won 5 Champions League trophies and plays almost every match.

Even if he improves them only this year, which seems unlikely, just having that solidity in an area they’ve struggled and getting back to CL would make it worth it.

you think signing casemiro makes them better than two of chelsea, spurs and arsenal?

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

TyrantWD posted:

We need a winger to rotate with Saka, and a defensive midfielder/CM who can play at the base of midfield when Partey is unavailable.

no, sambi and elneny are the backups for that role. That's why they gave ElNeny a new deal

if Arsenal don't get another winger to rotate with Saka it is pretty much throwing the season away

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

blue footed boobie posted:

Aren’t ESR, Vieira, and Zinchenko all capable of rotating in that position?

club needs to have two players for each position. ESR is an option at 8 or LW, Vieira is mostly an unknown but seems like an 8. Zinchenko is being used primarily at left back.

Signing an actual right winger will be needed. One we trust to play instead of Saka (i.e not Pepe). No idea who that is gonna be though lol, except Neto

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

TyrantWD posted:

I don't see us signing anyone. We need a winger ready to start next week's Europa League game, but those sorts of players are probably outside our price range. Throw in the hesitation to commit what is left of our transfer funds at a wide player when a DM may be sorely needed, and I can see the club being torn between two priorities with only 48 hours to go, without enough money to make a good signing for either one, so we say gently caress it and try to make do with the squad we have.

idk, I think a winger is sorely needed. Club can't really expect Saka to play 10 games a month. It's not a nice to have it's a necessity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1565273288057753601

please no