Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

it's our generation's dunkirk really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

I think I drove over this in Forza Horizon 4

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I feel much like Stringer Bell in his final moments. Just get on with it :smith:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Just Another Lurker posted:

Are the red numbers temperature or jobbies per nautical mile? :ohdear: :confused:

Its the average number of poos seen per person per minute

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I have to say, passing the law that means we all have to live in literal poo poo was a bit on the nose, even for the conservatives

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Payndz posted:

There was an anti-vax protest in Bournemouth today. They might have had more chance of being taken seriously if the protesters hadn't included people in Trump/MAGA hats, placard-waving 5G/New World Order/Bill Gates putting microchips in you conspiracists, and a Karen screaming "Don't you dare spit at me!" at random bystanders (who weren't spitting at her).

There's always conspiracy theorists who are a few scams behind the rest, their shared ignorance actually unites them and makes them more dangerous. You don't know what you don't know, and these people don't know a drat thing.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Barry Foster posted:

The UK in a nutshell

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

I'm beginning to think that markets are not a good idea. Don't know if anybody has had this idea before.

Apparently this lady has some questions

https://youtu.be/bRhlRM6rYck

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I'm very sorry commoners, but you need at least 5,000 party loyalty points to qualify for heating assistance this year. Perhaps a few of you could be lucky enough to be chosen for Lord Reese-Mogg's annual peasant shoot though, he always likes to throw a few shillings towards the newly bereaved as a season's greeting

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
UKMT Winter 2022 - anger and hatred are surprisingly effective at raising one's temperature

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

There is a video game called hitman where you play as "agent 47" and are tasked with assasinating various people, usually high society, in various environments. You are afforded the option of running in and shooting them in the face but you get more points for arranging a series of elaborate environmental pratfalls that culimate in them dying in some particular way.

Yes, it can get... interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-JI-7xG4Xw

Unnervingly, this exact incident occured last month in a hospital in Surrey

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

I've played enough Revenge of Shinobi to know that having a ninja pot in your kitchen is asking for trouble.

Getting this good takes AGES

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
It's fascinating to see how, in the modern world, so many people essentially succumb to internet addiction and allow their online personality to overtake them, like that black mirror episode where the guy dies and gets replaced with an android programmed from his Facebook comments. I guess the confinement of the last few lockdowns really shattered people's perception of reality and now they perceive hordes of rampaging dick-people tearing apart the very fabric of reality

Edit: sebzilla this isn't referring to your grandpa btw

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

He doesn't have a 'shame' mode by the looks of it.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

What if Thatcher, but also Trump?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
The Naked Gun 2 1/2 hitting a bit close to home these days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0La3aBSjvGY

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Apraxin posted:

https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1563157831184191489?cxt=HHwWgsDU-f7wubErAAAA
how long do we reckon before PM Truss decides the reclamation of Calais is just the ticket to distract the nation from the energy crisis?

Agincourt 2: Brexit Boogaloo

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Private Speech posted:

Picking the one battle in the late war that the English unambiguously won.

This may explain why it was the one that came to mind. Checking Wikipedia and yeah there's some war crimes alright

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

sparkling disproportionality.

the new essence from michael gove?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

The British don't do War Crimes :colbert:

This reads like the start of one of those M&S food ads :v:

edit: also I have realised I have only myself to blame for the mental image of michael gove's extracted bodily fluids being sprayed across a human body. Time to get back to The Sinking City I guess

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
As humans we're utterly dependent on the love and care of others to survive into adulthood. It's great that we've now managed to construct a society which completely removes any concept of compassion so that old people can be rich for a bit longer while the world incinerates

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Environment Agency: Drinking recycled sewage 'is the future'
Boris: Aha! A "golden future"!

:britain:

Convex fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Aug 28, 2022

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

keep punching joe posted:

I've never played Disco Elysium, do you also need to make the stark choice between staving off depression with a book or using it as fuel?

This was the plot of a Red Dwarf episode IIRC.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
personally i would rather read "the stinky black fart" by richard penisman

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Mano posted:

I’m now imagining all Brits huddled around that one lamp next winter.

(Nothing against the lamp, it’s cool)

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

thrashingteeth posted:

Very strange stuff.
We're on strike at the moment at my uni, last year the police drove past looking straight ahead as usual. Yesterday at this new round of industrial action, two vans with four different sets of coppers beeped their horns and cheered for us as they passed our picket, TWICE.

I get when it comes to it if they're called in to move us they'll fall in line but poo poo must be getting bad if the police are showing more than just ambivalence to a picket.

Never seen anything like that before.

There are always good people trapped in bad institutions. Hard to quantify what that means for England in the event of complete societal unrest though

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Necrothatcher posted:

I just hosed around with Midjourney until they started looking good. But British politicians work really well because unlike most naturally grotesque people there's a tonne of high res source images of them for the ai to chew through.

Please could you try "chaos with ed miliband"? I'd like to see what we could have won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

This owns, thanks

Also this

that bottom left one :stare: