Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish
That's a drat good thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
Is it ever a viable strategy for a PM to smuggle in a vonc against themselves that they know they would win, just for the optics of getting easy approval?

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006

Rustybear posted:

yes, you can spike a vote by having your supporters put in letters so it's called before your opponents have had time to properly lobby their peers. given that pre-jubilee everything sounded a bit lukewarm and it suddenly went to 11 over the weekend, that may have happened here.

Yeah interesting, I did think the whole issue had cooled way down before this

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

So they've identified that it's a class war, then explicitly set themselves against the workers. Incredible.

the people's paper

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006

fuctifino posted:

I've mentioned youtuber Bald and Bankrupt being a PUA rapey sex tourist before. Someone has made a really well documented video about it all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e1NeQyqrUQ

It's definitely worth sharing far and wide, as Ben doesn't deserve the audience he has.

loving hell this dude is gross. i know it's obvious but sometimes it just really boggles me that people can be like this

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006

ThomasPaine posted:

He's a total piece of poo poo but god drat I find the places he goes fascinating and I often can't help myself spending twenty minutes watching a guy pick around some decaying old Soviet holiday camp or whatever.

His latest video where he goes around the UK is pretty illuminating though and gives an insight into how Eastern Europeans must feel watching his stuff. The guy is literally walking around a shopping centre in Easterhouse talking about it like he's in imminent danger for being English lmao. Pure safari garbage.

I agree, those kind of decaying urban scapes are fascinating. I hope there are some yoududes out there that do this kinda stuff without being borderline (or maybe not even borderline) rapists though.

I'm gonna take a swing at Disco Elysium, I was inspired by the recent chat in this thread. I think I bounced off it pretty quickly when I first played it last year, I think I lack the attention span or focus for "serious" RPGs. I'm not far in but the writing so far is pretty great, and that tie is still eluding me

On a(nother) side note, has anyone even been assessed for adult ADHD? I've started things rolling but drat, apparently the waiting list is 18 months

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
Just dropping my "lmao" in here.
*ahem*
lmao

Curious to hear some opinions - who would be the most untouchable replacement? I mean, bellend johnson's tenure has largely been him getting away with everything despite multiple scandals that would bring down any past government. Does anyone else have that power of shitbaggery?

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006

Dabir posted:

What are all the jokes about people turning up at No. 10 with four lagers and a fishing rod about?

That's what Gazza brought Raoul Moat

e: ok Guavanaut had a much better answer

Deketh fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jul 5, 2022

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
I was just thinking how utterly insane the idea of Liz Truss as Chancellor is, then I remembered she's the bloody foreign secretary

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
Where's that old fella banging on the saucepans when Boris needs him. Bring out yer whack and pans

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
I mean, Johnson being dunked on by his brand new appointees is definitely worth a giggle, despite nothing changing re how hosed we all are

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
I couldn't possibly subject myself to the pile of horseshit that this speech (and every other he's ever given) will be

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
Did he, by any chance, get all the big decisions right

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
Why does everything always have to be so bloody stupid. These people get everything and they're so loving thick

Just stick some flags on it! Planes! Brittun!

Deketh fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Jul 10, 2022

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
I love summer. It's fantastic. Anything over 26c is basically Australia though and I don't handle it well

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006

The Perfect Element posted:

I think we all agree that simply handing out gang tags for free is completely unsustainable. I propose we means test the provision of gang tags, and tender their distribution to our private public service corporate partners. This will bring the dynamism of the free market to the thread, while ensuring value for money for the tax payer.

Someone needs to tell the woke avocado netflix brigade that there simply is no magic gang tag tree.

e: Can anyone tell me what the situation is with the rebates? I did receive a council tax deduction earlier this year, was there something else due to come?

Deketh fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jul 11, 2022

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
oh norman, they're coming for me discords

New page, same question. Does anyone know if there are more rebates coming to UK households? I received some council tax rebate, wondering if there was something still coming for energy bills. Is it still that £200 bullshit that you have to pay back?

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006

Tarnop posted:

I got this link in a text from the DWP over the weekend

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

Its been doubled to £400, we no longer have to pay it back, and should start seeing it in October. There's also additional cost of living payments for those who qualify (see the link posted Tarnop above)

Great, thanks mates. Just saw that the estimates on the next energy bill increases were too low so just trying to brace myself for that

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006

fuctifino posted:

Thanks. I'd never take money from them, as that would then mean I'd then have to reign in my opinions in line with the corporation's goals. I have agreed to be part of a pool of patients who are willing to do TV or radio interviews though.

I only used the huge bong once, and that was akin to diving off the highest diving board. I needed to do it to shake my own PTSD/anxiety about vaping in public (bullshit crown court trials leave their marks).

I just use the mini globe bong now if I need watercooling in public. The size of the bong doesn't matter, as I just insert the vape I'd normally use into the water cooling, so I'm not vaping any more cannabis than if I wasn't using any cooling. It just makes the vapour much more soothing on my lungs. I get good days and bad days. On bad days, I need water cooling. On good days, I can just use a special cooling stem (Revolve, from Mad Heaters) for the dynavap.

I never vape indoors in public, nor anywhere where smoking isn't openly accepted, so only in beer gardens, or by the bench near the fire escape to the supermarket, or the park etc). If there are kids about, I also don't vape, so I do have my own conscious levels of acceptability. I'm a natural recluse, so tend to avoid people at the best of times.

But I'm going to vape openly, and from a visual perspective, quite loudly, and I'm going to do it for many reasons:

1. As a big gently caress you to the system that criminalised me for so many years. I'm not going to deny that this is a major motivating factor, but it's not the only one.

2. As a big signpost saying "Ask me about legal medicinal cannabis.". I've lost count how many people's lives I've immeasurably changed by switching them onto legal weed. Those people then do the same with people they know and bump into etc., and that's a really good thing.

3. To give courage to those with a legal prescription to also openly vape in public, because why the gently caress shouldn't they? Why should they feel stigma, or be forced to take their medicine in secret, or out of sight? I've managed to persuade quite a few people to take bongs to the park, pub beer gardens, or the canal, and I hope more and more people do it, because why shouldn't they? Taking legally prescribed medicine should never be equated to drinking alcohol in any way, or to recreational drug taking, and people should feel free to legally medicate how, as and when they need to. If people are offended by such actions, then they could simply look at something else.

4. To make it harder and harder for the police to enforce bullshit laws. It's very hard for the police to confirm the legality of someone, as there's no central database or accepted ID card. The only things that show herbal cannabis is legal are the printed labels on the pots, and any printouts of the emailed prescription letters. All of that is easy to fake... not that I'd ever suggest anyone to do such a thing of course.... I've also not had a single person demand proof of my own legality in over 14 months.

There are other reasons, but those are the main ones, and I think they are valid. The clinic, which is part of a licensed global chain, also seems to think they are valid too, as I discussed them at length with the head of media in a Zoom call the other day when I agreed to join the pool . :420:

The Volcano did arrive, and it allowed me to complete an experiment I started the other week
https://twitter.com/stuwyatt/status/1546833292531482624

:420:

Could I talk to you about this stuff sometime? Like, off thread so it's not all clogged up. I don't have PMs though so I dunno if you're somewhere else that I could reach you. I have EDS and rely on weed for pain management, but am fed up of the shady ways I have to acquire and consume it, so could do with some advice on what I can do. I think you're doing great things BTW and your fancy new volcano looks like serious business.

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006

fuctifino posted:

You (and anyone reading this) can reach me via facebook or twitter .com/stuwyatt or stuwyatt#2448 on discord if you don't have PMs.
But please check out the community's official subreddit as well as check out https://medbud.wiki/ and https://thecannabispages.co.uk/.

I have CFS/ME, and it was easiest for me to go down the chronic pain route with Sapphire Medical. To qualify, you have to have an official diagnosis of a condition where cannabis can help, and you have tried at least two conventional treatments. There are other clinics and many other routes which might apply. You pay for the zoom consultations (mine is £50 a shot), and you get prescribed cannabis that can start at £5/g, DPD'd to your door. You have to have a followup zoom consultation every three months.

Cheers, sent you a friend request over discord

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
Aw, no PMs for me.

Also, since someone recently posted in here about those stripy yellow and black caterpillars that hang out on ragwort, I've been seeing them everywhere. There were little stripy guys on every bit I saw today!

e: I don't even have photos of them for the new page, oh god i'm so sorry

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
Yeah ragwort is bad for horses but supposedly also bad for people to handle without gloves. There's a ton of it growing out of the pavement edges round here

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006

Catzilla posted:

They become these cool moths. I've been doing butterfly transects all day. I love my new job!

Oh cool, that's a badass looking moth. My flat is full of moths that just love bumbling their way into my face while I'm watching TV but fortunately they're not as big or menacing as those guys

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006

Jippa posted:

I saw some marmite hummus in co op today.

:asoiaf:

I tried that, it was nasty as

That meteorologist interview is incredible. "Hasn't it always been hot?" <names one outlier year, almost 50 years ago>
So loving dense. The poo poo that people get spoon fed by presenters on TV is always a shock to me

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
I went bald 10 years ago and I'm still fuckin salty about it

Also, I saw that Truss and a bunch of other hypocrite fuckers have been putting their amazon prime membership on their MP expenses. Party of personal responsibility and they can't even pay for their own loving amazon prime. I know it gets far worse than this but sometimes the little things push you over the edge and make you want to scream endlessly into the void

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006

Mebh posted:

Thankfully, no. However, everything else became slick with sweat and plasma and horror and we had to stop to clean super often. Also it hurts WAY the gently caress more.

Second session tomorrow. But they have a portable a/c being delivered allegedly.

Here's the design:

Here's how it looks so far:

dope

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
Some proper creeps on that but I'm glad not to recognise the majority of them. I'm glad they use terms like free-thinking cos I can immediately tell that they are probably a bunch of cunts

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
I used to watch it now and then, years ago, and found andy parsons to be the unfunniest person in the world

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
They did a great job with that video, I hope it gets seen and gets through to people

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
Just making a quick post about a new and awesome thing in my life, legally prescribed weed. Fuctifino posted about it a while ago and I had no idea such a thing existed in this dreary land, and now I'm due to get my first prescription posted to my door soon. Cool as hell, and gonna help me a lot with my joint pain and nausea that I get from EDS.
So if anyone sees this and hadn't heard of it before, and thinks they could benefit from medical cannabis, or already uses and wants to switch to the legal route like I've done, give it a try. I expected the application process to be slow and complex, but it was quite painless really. And Fuctifino is a good egg and helped me out a lot with getting started. Just ask in here I guess, there are multiple clinics I'm sure but I went with one called Sapphire.

Also thanks for posting that geordie fallout video, been giggling since

Deketh fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Aug 10, 2022

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006

Jippa posted:

I am suffering today. I had my windows open all night but my place is roasting today. I think the overall air temps just aren't going down enough. Got a proper headache. :tif:

Same. The only windows I have that are safe to leave open are small toplights and the place is practically the same temp as when I went to bed.

Had some good results sticking a big fan in one of the larger windows while I was still up last night though, just wish I could leave it going overnight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
I've been wearing a wet baseball cap for a couple of days now and sitting next to a fan. It's not bad until you have to move