Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I take it this thread is Chez Shez?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Shez.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sydin posted:

Spoilers on additional potentially playable units: Seteth, Flayn, Catherine, Jeralt, and... the Gatekeeper (lol) all have likes and dislikes implying they have a roster page. Meal/Tea Party dialogue has specifically been found for Seteth and Jeralt so it's almost a lock they're eventually recruitable.

Yesssssssssss

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Jeritza being the third professor instead of Byleth really just solves a lot of issues.

He's so entertaining now that I don't have to keep blowing him to bits with Dark Spikes T.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Terper posted:

Billy Kametz, Ferdinand's voice actor, has sadly passed away due to his cancer. Three Hopes is the last game he was known to work on, and his role as Ferdie is unquestionably a huge part of what made the character so loveable.

Cancer loving sucks, man.

Aww man that's awful. He was so great.

Always get screened, folks.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Eimi posted:

That he has a new appearance at all always sucks (imo) just cause I prefer his original look. Like his original look to me is basically Elvis Presley if Elvis beat the poo poo out of people instead of eating at Arby's.

Yeah but he looks like Solid Snake. That's awesome.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-LKFHpib9Y

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It was fun to see Ashe on the other side, knock him down in one hit, then recruit him back.

I pictured Byleth bonking him over the head with their sword and then doing the disappointed teacher look while saying "well, have you thought about what you did, young man?"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Deltasquid posted:

Also the conceit of this game and the playable characters are kind of a hilarious juxtaposition. Cutting through literal hundreds of mooks makes sense as Shez or Byleth or Catherine or Dimitri, but it kind of falls apart when you think a little bit about how or why Manuela is a whirlwind of death with her fists if you class her that way

She has Drunk White Lady strength.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Shez

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I only played Three Houses for like 10 hours because the amount of downtime between combat missions made me want to die and the story had zero interesting hooks. Love musou games though and am enjoying this, but I can't tell what the deal is storywise -- is it a sequel to Three Houses or more of an alternate universe using the same characters? And is there any good resource for catching up on the Three Houses story if it is a sequel?

It's an alternate universe. The Ashen Demon was the original game's protagonist and Shez McShezpants never appeared in the original.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Does Shez have a last name or can I just call them "Shez Q. Fire Emblem" like I do with every other FE character?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mysticblade posted:

I hope they never bring up Shez's last name until we get to the credits and finally learn it's something really basic like Shez Jones.

Shocking twist ending: Shez was their surname all along!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

They say that Shez is one bad--

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zore posted:

For anyone curious about the roster,

Everyone playable from 3 Houses is in, including the Wolves and Church characters, as well as Rodrigue, Monica, Holst, Rhea, Jeralt, Gatekeeper, Anna, Sothis and Arvel

:dance:

Zore posted:

Also some additional interesting tidbits

You can recruit characters from other factions during the War phase but most are limited. Lysithea can be poached by the Empire for instance but not by the Kingdom. And some characters are only playable on certain routes and its on a sliding scale where the Kingdom only has 2 characters that can be recruited by the other factions at all (Ashe, Mercedes) while literally everyone from the Alliance can except Holst and Hilda. The Empire is somewhere in between with Caspar/Ferdinand/Monica/Manuela exclusive to them.

Most interesting part of this is Jeritza can actually be recruited into the Lions late game by Mercedes.

RIP Caspar x Hilda but Blue Lion Jeritza makes up for a lot holy poo poo.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jun 22, 2022

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Man I just cannot figure out archers in this game and that's going to be a problem for my Golden Deer playthrough. Any tips for aiming better?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MatchaZed posted:

Is there a postgame free mode where you can use all the characters, or like a new game plus?

We don't know yet IIRC.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I love Shamir's explanation for why she's working for Claude. "Because I walked that way after leaving Garreg Mach."

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
My fellow Shezes, it is on.

I'll see you on the other side.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I love that the in-battle recruitment mechanic is spend 10 strategy points, push butan, then bonk them on the head. Welcome to the Blue Lions Petra and Hapi, sorry about the bruises.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Blaziken386 posted:

sadly, much like three houses, it will not override Horse. Horse is the most powerful fashion.

So... since Marianne summons Horse, is Marianne the Fashion Queen of Fodlan?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I was briefly worried that I'd killed Dorothea in a side mission but since she didn't have a death animation I figured out pretty quick I hadn't.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

DC Murderverse posted:

Another fun dichotomy between Three Houses and Three Hopes: recruiting. In Three Houses you recruit people because you’re such a cool and good teacher who everyone loves and in Three Hopes they’re basically just prisoners of war. When I recruited Bernadetta over to the Lions she was like “uh what the gently caress have I done why am I here am I gonna have to fight my old friends now”

It’s weird that we just shove high ranking enemy soldiers into our force with no thought of them ever betraying us

The great thing is you can just bench them for the rest of the game and treat them as actual POWs.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I loved that Hapi, true to character, doesn't really give a poo poo.

Also Petra and Dedue's support is delightfully wholesome.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Eimi posted:

I see Shez learned their personal skills from Mother Base.

Why do you think Balthus has that bandana?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
:lol: Holst canonically doesn't care if you make a pass at Hilda.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sydin posted:

In particular I'd say one of Hopes' greatest strengths so far writing-wise is that it pulls back a bit to let the political plot breath, and in doing so even justifies some stuff from Houses retroactively. Like the reason everybody insists on Dimitri being king in AM even though he's a suicidal lunatic is because elevating anybody else would just spark another civil war after driving out the Empire, or how Claude's ability herd enough cats that he could bluff the Empire that Leicester's round table was unified in purpose for five whole years is nothing short of political heroism and a testament to his abilities.

And Holst couldn't have been a playable unit in Houses because he's just as game breaking as they made him sound.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sydin posted:

That whole paralogue rules and is just a slow rolling boulder of the enemies realizing they supremely hosed up.

*Holst turns up and starts murdering*
"Oh god Holst is here?! Quick, kill Balthus!"
*Balthus starts effortlessly murdernig*
"What the gently caress this Balthus guy is too strong! Quick, grab the girl so we can bargain out of this!"
*Hilda proceeds to body dozens of assassins with no effort*
"WHO ARE THESE loving PEOPLE?!" :stonk:

It really proves that Hilda x Balthus in 3H is the objectively correct choice.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I liked how Linhardt just plain wasn't interested in Shez's whole deal and Shez was offended by that.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Too bad Three Hopes is romance free, otherwise Shez would have become Hilda's newest sibling for me.

Welp, game ruined. Uninstalling.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Goddamn Holst vs. Bergliez at the end of GW chapter 7 is so good.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
So... I got bored and tried turning Iggy into a thief and the result is incredible.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Raphael is even more like Big McLargeHuge from Space Mutiny in this game and I love it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

SgtSteel91 posted:

Am I the only one here who likes the Blue Lions? All this dumping on AG is really bumming me out :smith:

They have playable Flayn and the other routes do not. Therefore they have the best route.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Hunt11 posted:

But you don't have Count Bergliez on your side.

Oh, it's a difficult choice to be sure but having a Flayn is better than not having a Flayn.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Natural 20 posted:

lol no he wasn't.

I mean unless you find white male privilege sympathetic.

Please don't do this. Nothing good or productive will come of this line of thought.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Edelgard is such a loving Karen, y'all

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I haven't played the Blue Lions route in 3H yet but I am a bit disappointed that Hopes Dimitri is a bit too well adjusted. He's more interesting when he's very obviously a bad dining hall meal away from going berserk.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Eimi posted:

I still think even when 'sane' the fact that they pushed him to be king is kind of ridiculous. His route should've ended with him abdicating and refusing to become king.

This is one of those things that Hopes cleared up nicely. There's nobody else who has a remotely believable claim to the throne so he can't just walk away. And besides that, Dimitri is just too much of a duty-bound true believer in royalty and all that nonsense to give it up. He doesn't especially want to be king but he's drat well going to do it anyway.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jul 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tired Moritz posted:

Was Flayn out of the coma recently because I like to imagine she was acting her weird goony self until Seteth dragged her to Gundam Mech

Three Houses plus mechs would be pretty cool.