Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
A family member who will remain nameless served up a 'buffalo chicken lasagne' with only four ingredients: sheet pasta, cheese, chicken and about a quart of Frank's wing sauce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

This is almost as bad as the lady that heats soup in a blender.

What

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

tripwood posted:

My mom had this recipe she got from her poor as hell (and mean as hell) mom.
It's called, no joke, "Jew Stew"

Put tomato juice in a casserolle dish.
Add a bunch of quartered peelled potatoes, parsnips, rutabagas, whatever else root you got.
Add a can of green peas.
Add a pack of ground meat.
NO SPICES ALLOWED
Cook way too long until perfectly mushy and that the ground beef becomes so hard it could crack glass.
Serve and do not enjoy. Add ketchup and cry.

Why would you waste all those ingredients?? For the same time and money you could do so much better wtf

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Admiralty Flag posted:

I've had many difficult Thanksgivings, having been a vegetarian since 1990 (and living in Texas back at the time); too many tales to recount here, but I'll just mention the first Thanksgiving when I came back from college to my family and my mother "accidentally" had put ground beef in everything imaginable, including the turkey dressing, because as she later admitted she was worried about my diet.

But all the stories about dressing/stuffing remind me of the opposite Thanksgiving experience, something my wife's family does: stuffin' muffins (though they're technically dressing because they don't go inside the turkey or use its drippings). Whip up the dressing, put it into cupcake molds, bake, et voilà! Crisp yet tender dressing "muffins" that you can break apart or eat as rolls. Yum!

Meatloaf as turkey stuffing isnt the dumbest idea I guess.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Big Beef City posted:

Muslims don't sacrifice for blessing.

Also why would you be given a bowl of rendered fat as a 'meal', and do you believe that this would be normal for them to have eaten regularly as they are super-human and would have been able to eaten liquid hot clarified fat that was so hot it physically scalded you but that's just something they're physically immune to or in fact you've just made up bullshit about?

Big Beef City posted:

as have I but I wanted them to expound upon being given a bowl of soup of scalding hot clarified fat they thought they were supposed to eat outright and how ignominious it was while everyone else stood around in horror why they were trying to eat a communal bread dipping sauce / salad dressing like soup.

Why do you constantly pick fights with everyone? Can you chill out?

You accused op of making up bullshit and two posts later claim that's something you knew is a thing.

Anyway op said they didn't realise it was fat, they thought it was soup because it looked like soup so they expected soup. Is that hard to believe?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Aesop Poprock posted:

I don't understand how you gently caress up pancakes. They take less than five minutes to make and you can just watch them and flip them once

Some people are incapable of critical thought or learning anything. It's like color blindness.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Computer viking posted:

I wonder how these people feel about life - are they just permanently angry at all those nosy know-it-alls who try to correct them? Do they feel a smug superiority about looking through the lies about how DIY is easy and often better?

Or on the contrary, are they self-assuredly happy, secure in the knowledge that they know how to do stuff?

Alternating between cow-like acceptance and contentment, and sheep-like mad panic and confusion.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Burning Beard posted:

The thing I got as the main dish wasn’t even a taco. It was in a tray and had lettuce, tomato, cheese and onion. Some sour cream. It was some sort of custom order. I mean, the workers obviously gave me the wrong order and it’s also on me for not checking but still, I just wanted lovely Taco Bell.

Sound like you got lovely Taco Bell

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Extra Large Marge posted:

Overall the worst food I've ever been served has been at public school cafeterias. Canned beans, cold hot dogs, and chicken nuggets that would bounce.

I always remember that meatloaf days came with a disclaimer: "May contain pork". Real nice for students who are trying to keep Kosher, but "may" contain pork? You're not sure what's exactly in it?

The whole point of eating meatloaf is not knowing what went into the meatloaf. Same applies to sausages and your mom.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Fruits of the sea posted:

I like tartare but only to the degree to which I trust the kitchen or butcher they are coming from. Freshly ground from a decent chuck using a well sanitized/maintained grinder, it’s perfectly safe.

E: to be clear, I’ve worked at multiple restaurants and I wouldn’t trust any of them to serve raw burgs- not sure if this reflects badly on the industry or my lovely luck getting jobs

A local delicacy here is pretty horrifying for most folks: “Parisian steak”

It’s a raw burger patty that’s been briefly seared and served on buttered white toast. It’s topped with a raw egg yolk, horseradish, capers, raw onion and pickled beetroot.

Most tourist places serve the burg well done, but this is arguably worse mouthfeel because now the only moisture in the dish is coming from the raw yolk.

Do you actually trust any restaurants?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Super Waffle posted:

My father in law takes mayonaise as his salad dressing. Slathers it on each piece of lettuce with a knife before he eats.

This is a cry for help

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

TIP posted:

they meant cool whip, I only know this because I've seen this exact same hope crushed in the americana thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3952517&pagenumber=178&perpage=40&userid=0#post515396524

I can't believe someone managed to flummox BBC

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Spaghetti Napolitan with a big scoop of Strawberry, vanilla and Chocolate ice cream. Yum.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

abigserve posted:

My FIL caught a fresh fish, I think it was a flathead if I remember, and my MIL put it under the grill with no salt, no pepper, no oil, nothing, and then served it to us with the bones still in and the tail still on the piece she gave to me. Not only was it the worst thing I've ever been served, it may in fact have been the worst thing I've ever eaten, straight up.

Turning your nose up at a nice piece of hot sushi for shame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Lol what? Was that in some small town of 20 people who've had several decades of generational inbreeding to create their own idiotic culinary culture?