Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

dr_rat posted:

They probably will have story spoiler NDA, but it doesn't sound like there will be too much of a story to spoil.

The aliens are actually all just clones of your dad. They then all die sacrificing themselves in a very stupid way.

thats stupid and awful enough that I believe you implicitly :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
camrips ftw

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

sick! I thought that video was a prank

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Mr. Pool posted:

All my parts for my new gaming rig were going to arrive Thursday and now my video card is arriving Saturday... Its over...

brutal :(

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Danaru posted:

Minimum is a GeForce 1070, I have a 1060 :ohdear:

E: I got a decent deal on an RTX 3060, this game better be good Todd :mad:

people doubted us every step of the way and it was a good run while it lasted but its over 1060bros...

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Danaru posted:

I kept being like "man I just got this thing" before realizing it's been nearly six years :negative:

the funny part is that right now as Im typing this I am realizing that the 1060 actually did live up to my expectations

what a world

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Captain Oblivious posted:

Indeed. Baldur’s Gate 3 has a ton of issues. But it actually made a good effort.

Hard to call anything Starfield does effort. It’s a reheated ten year old game.

its the difference between a nice cut of steak cooked more or less right and one of those frozen hamburgers that cost $1. both have their rightful places! as a Gamer, youre allowed to enjoy both! or one or the other or neither!

except the weird gas station hamburger costs more in this case

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Popelmon posted:

It's weird how every single vaguely office-ish environment:
- Needs to email Claire
- Is out of half and half
- Has an inspection comming up

Also they are all working on the same molecule, this seems to be a very competetive market!

I usually don't even notice reused assets like this but in Starfield it really stands out to me for some reason.

let it all end 😭

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Father Wendigo posted:

Is the $5 mod to fix the frame rate issue in the game's mod store, or a nexus site or whatever?

Either way, it's a really bad look to have to pay a third party to fix the new game you just bought.

no, it rules. I hope that guy gets to have one wild ride before he fucks off with the cash when Bethesda gets around to fixing the issue and/or issues a C&D to personally spite him.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Kaddish posted:

The paid DLSS mod with frame generation works great. Like +40 fps in cities. On a 4080.

They actually have mods for quite a few games besides Starfield.

i figured! to be clear: I legitimately support them and I hope they are getting a nice payday :)

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Cyrano4747 posted:

Yeah, it sold really well. I've seen estimates around 2 million copies and Microsoft is claiming something nuts like three times that installs via XBGP. They also said in an earnings call that they saw a massive spike in XBGP subs - including the highest single day total ever - right before Starfield launched.

That said, they're not going to get creamed on this one but the next game. Bad games (or movies) that are part of a popular franchise don't fall off a cliff when the one everyone hates comes out, they fall off a cliff at the next one because everyone takes a wait and see approach.

Take the most recent Star Wars trilogy as an example. The Force Awakens did $2 billion at the box office despite kind of tepid reception. The Last Jedi only did $1.3 billion, and then The Rise of Skywalker limped in at $1 billion.

The real question is how many pre-orders and day 1 sales the next big Beth title gets. Maybe they drag out development of the next TES game enough that people forget about this or assume it will be different.

Bethesda hates the idea of optimizing Starfield for the Steam Deck (pretty much the low end benchmark of pc games for today) amd the Modders are nooot happy with Skyrim

that's enough for me to wait and see for TES6

I think if Bethesda delists Fallout 3 and NV on some grody fake upgrade, thatd be it for me for their games in general

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Cyrano4747 posted:

No kidding. If I was someone in Bethesda tasked with doing a postmortem on this one of the major lessons learned would be that if half the appeal of your games - and one of the major loving reasons you're sticking with the janky engine - is the thriving mod scene then holy poo poo have the mod tools ready to release on day loving 1.

poo poo, you'd think in their position they'd actually have the CK done well before release so that they could reach out to some of the big name modders from their other games, have them sign the appropriate NDAs, and give them access early so they could start spinning up mods before it even launched. poo poo, if you really want to you could even dovetail that with your Beth mod store you're trying to get off the ground.

But at the bare goddamned minimum have the mod tools ship with the base game on launch day.

edit: I mean, can you imagine the extra kick in the rear end this game would have gotten, launched as is with all the problems we've been yelling at for months in this thread, but with robust mod support from the get go? I don't think it makes it the next Skyrim or anything, but it would do a lot to ameliorate some of the bigger issues just by giving people a sandbox to make their own neat poo poo in.

the bare goddamned minimum, Id imagine, gets in the way of sales figures, yknow?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Palladium posted:

its so weird when Kenshi was made by one man while Relic is still struggling to copypaste their same old formula except with more fidelity that has far less assets than a sandbox RPG with Homeworld 3

it is unfair to compare ANYBODY to The Kenshi Guy

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

hawowanlawow posted:

I am sure Bostonians will appreciate how much you associate them with the revolution instead of having funny accents and driving like poo poo

I like how one of the first quests in Fenway Park is how it needs another layer of green paint

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Cyrano4747 posted:

Because kicking the dead horse is fun, and dissecting it to find out why it's dead is interesting.

At this point I've probably gotten more of the value of my purchase price out of this thread than the game itself.

The Barkley 2 Method 👀

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Starfield, Starfield, no one should
terrify the neighborhood~

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

MH Knights posted:

Weren’t Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6 announced so early to juice Zennimax’s value before MS bought them?

I hope we get at least one good sincere "Why does this new trailer look different than the teaser trailer many years ago!? MORE BROKEN PROMISES" 2010's style Forensic Advertising breakdown Youtube video out of TES6.

I mean, I wouldn't ever watch it, but I'd definitely appreciate it at a distance!

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
blessed a place would the world be if the warmongers all took an 80% pay cut to simply make more absolutely terrible video games

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

moist turtleneck posted:

i very much hated being griefed and followed from server to server in the early fallout 76 and do not wish to ever try to deal with that again

bethesda games are really meant to be played at your own pace and online really fucks that up

I thought it was amusing but I had friends playing with me on Day 1 and it was always on open mic for some reason and not everybody out there seemed to know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

FishMcCool posted:

Starfield griefing is real. You can jump from planet to planet, system to system, but no matter how far you go, you are still playing Starfield. :negative:

wtf? does BSG know this?