Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE
Porkchop flight

We've been told there are a lot of targets and to expect enemy fighters.

CAP will be to the south of us over the water. If things get spicy we head towards them. Gudauta is a no fly zone for us and a likely source of trouble. We'll operate as much to the west of target area as possible to give CAP a chance at bailing us out.

Loadout
Load 70% fuel, two sidewinders and a full load of brrt.

500lb Bombs, and rockets are required. Mavs optional.

No 2,000lb bombs, no cluster munitions.

RTB to rearm is possible.

Rules of Engagement
If it is on the ground in the target area and not a civilian structure it is fair game. The exception being the bottling plant.

There will be hostile and friendly planes in the AO. Our priority is to bug out if they come. We will have a friendly prop plane in our AO. Don't get all excited about being the first hog driver since the Gulf War to get an A2A kill and blow him up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
After an incident on Twitter Stingray Flight lead Aragorn426 is no longer allowed to directly communicate with the public. After careful review here is his update.

Stingray Flight Well here we are. Stingray currently composes of a single F-14B Tomcat. Our job is simple, fly high, fly fast, and do some pilot poo poo! Real talk though, our main goal is to be long range cover for any fast movers that these drat corpos might pull out of thin air. We have received intel that TU-22M's have been spotted in the region, and while I'm no expert when it comes to legal matters, all I know is I'm being paid to shoot down any aircraft that threatens our operation, and those Tupolevs are easy pickings for the righteous fury that comes in the form of an AIM-54A Phoenix missile. Ground and air threats will be the same as Mage, Golem/Warlock flights. Except we'll be coasting at angels 40, and while we are certainly capable of holding our own, we have 2 other CAP flights who will be cruising at lower altitudes. We can leave them to deal with the Minnows, the 'Cat wants bigger fish. For loadout, we're gonna keep it simple.
  • 2xAIM-9Ms on the wing gloves
  • 2xAIM-7MH Sparrows on the wing nacelles
  • 4xAIM-54A w/ mk.60RM under the fuselage.
And that wraps it up. Its taken a lot to haul a Canadian F-14B halfway across the world, Bribes of maple syrup in the hundreds, But the big spenders at Disney wanted a Tomcat. We're gonna make sure they dont regret it.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
Porkchop flight AAR

We may not fear the reaper, but we do fear Vietnam War era ADS.

Losses
2x A10CII Airframes

Kills
M2 Bradley- 2
Roland - 1
S-60 - 2
Gepard - 1
M-109 - 4

Other Damage
damage S-60 - 1
damage M-109 - 1

Summary
Weather was challenging in the target area with a dense fog preventing the flight from easily visually finding ADS targets. Two aircraft strayed too close to the short range air defenses and were lost. Targets were largely slowly picked off from standoff range.

Improvements
Stay out of the range of things that can shoot back at us. 57mm flak hurts when it lands. Staying high and dropping bombs would have allowed us to do far more damage to armor targets once the Rolands were destroyed.

SEAD was authorized to deploy cluster munitions in their role. We should have called that in to abuse our ROE allowances.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
Porkchop flight briefing

We're going to be trying to hurt Nestle's ground forces again. We will depart Krasnodar when things are looking calm and loiter over the lake to the southwest until it's time to head west to Krymsk. Krymsk airbase is reportedly only being used for rotor operations so we do not expect fixed wing attacks to originate from it. Once over the area where Nestle is operating we'll attack counter-clockwise, rolling in from the east then turning left and heading south to recycle back for another run. We will be joined by Antares flight so things could get crowded. Don't fly into each other and don't shoot any SU-25s.

We've been told that we only have the materials to refit once, so make sure you drop all your ordinance before running out of fuel.

If we are needed at the port we will head down. This is not expected though. Depending on timing we may refit before heading in that direction to bring heavier bombs to deal with ships.

Threats

The biggest threat to us is enemy SAMs and enemy air power. For the later we listen to AWACS and get somewhere safe. The former should be destroyed by SEAD before we're in the AO.

Other threats are the Pivads.

Other threats may exist, so keep your eyes open for MANPADS or other AAA.

Targets

1. All helicopters in the target area. It's reported that the Nestle CEO and some VIPs will be traveling by helicopter. Shooting those down can land a fat bonus. No friendly helicopters should be operating near Kyrmsk.
2. AAA assets in the target area. Clearing out the M163s will free us up to get closer with rockets and guns
3. Anything else that looks well hydrated.

Loadout

Don't bring 2,000lb bombs or large warhead Mavs unless asked. Anything else is fair game.

Required armament is a pair of AIM-9Ms and ECM.

I'll be bringing:

2x AIM-9m
1x LITENING
42x APWKS
6x GBU-12
2x CBU-105

Laser codes should be:
FatKao - 1111
Malakesh - 1112

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Karen or Dracula (Hind flight). Are we trying to capture boats? If so, plan on letting Burnt and co. soften up the area, and don't be afraid to pull back if it is too spicy. If we are not capturing boats, or have time to rearm, heli-on-heli action could be fun.

Make sure the CAS flights are aware if you are coming up, we are not expecting you.