Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

looking like a fun(ny) offseason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Wut

https://twitter.com/KellyIkoNBA/status/1538885482909773826?t=46Ca1KenctJZKuZ5yi9pPA&s=19

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Kyrie for Westbrook????

KYRIE FOR WESTBROOK!!!!

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Would Kyrie even be able to play for LA with the vaccine restrictions? Or has California given that up as well

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

WhyteRyce posted:

Kyrie for Westbrook????

KYRIE FOR WESTBROOK!!!!

Will this into existence

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Chronicles posted:

Would Kyrie even be able to play for LA with the vaccine restrictions? Or has California given that up as well

LA never had that for players, only SF.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Just setting expectations for myself because odds are I’ll try and rationalize whatever they do:

Dream Hornets off-season: re-sign Miles and IT; trade PJ Washington and filler for Turner/Holmes/Poeltl/Center X, whoever bites; draft Duren or Williams and the wing of your choice at 13+15.

LaMelo / Rozier / Hayward / Miles / Center X

IT / Bouknight / draft pick / McDaniels / draft pick

Second-rounder / Oubre / Thor / Kai Jones / Nick Richards

Likely (and fine) Hornets offseason: re-sign Miles Bridges; trade one of the draft picks for Myles Turner or another center; draft a wing; try to re-sign IT and Cody Martin but more likely go bargain hunting.

Disaster Hornets offseason: trade Miles or let him walk; significantly overpay for a center; weird bad deal involving Hayward; anything involving Westbrook

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Tomas Satoransky leaving Washington for Spain

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I hope a nice star takes pity on Kevin and joins him to have fun and success. build something together. maybe... Victor Oladipo, and Gary harris. That adds up

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

How is this not tampering

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Paul Zuvella posted:

How is this not tampering

You’re allowed to have contact with your own players

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

his arm is shrinking. i don't think that's good news on such a long contract. will he still have the arm the whole time?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I'm looking forward to seeing more of this next season:

https://twitter.com/thepelicanswave/status/1538621082609098755?s=20&t=Fqrd3KH19eO68uRMHqosGw

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Goddamn hell yea. I knew exactly which play that first one was. He even bumped Steven Adams off :popeye:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/1538939088375631872

God Summer league right around the corner

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/1538939088375631872

God Summer league right around the corner

The ONLY benefit to placing 2 days between finals games :laugh:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Booyah- posted:

It's fine lol

Sit down.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ChiSportUpdates/status/1538946519621042176

what lmao

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

morestuff posted:

You’re allowed to have contact with your own players

And they can talk to other teams about guys all they want, otherwise they wouldn't be able to discuss trades. Teams just can't talk to or about other teams players/agents directly or in public.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

every single "source" tweet until thursday is a literal lie

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

R.D. Mangles posted:

every single "source" tweet until thursday is a literal lie

Of course this is Bullshit, no pun intended. However i ran it through the old trade machine it works fine as long as you can still sign LaVine after the trade. I wonder what else the Jazz would want besides.....(checks notes) Vucevic,next years Portland pick, this years Bulls pick but i actually think that is unavailable via stepian rule. what else?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

chilihead posted:

Of course this is Bullshit, no pun intended. However i ran it through the old trade machine it works fine as long as you can still sign LaVine after the trade. I wonder what else the Jazz would want besides.....(checks notes) Vucevic,next years Portland pick, this years Bulls pick but i actually think that is unavailable via stepian rule. what else?

pat

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i remain flummoxed by this. if the bulls were to trade vooch for gobert, they'd be taking an offense that everyone is screaming doesn't have enough shooting and would take a center who can theoretically shoot and drag someone out to the perimeter to create lanes for zach and demar for a guy who can only shoot 3 inches from the basket and would allow the other team to just camp their shotblockers in the paint.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

chilihead posted:

Of course this is Bullshit, no pun intended.

I love this for the NBA Offseason N/V July thread if we did it by month :laugh:

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

chilihead posted:

what works? vucevic for gobert straight up absolutely does not

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

DeimosRising posted:

what works? vucevic for gobert straight up absolutely does not

Oh but it does because the Bulls have 20 million worth of cap space until they sign LaVine.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

chilihead posted:

Oh but it does because the Bulls have 20 million worth of cap space until they sign LaVine.

If they want to re-sign him as a Bird free agent you have to include his cap hold which is $29,250,000

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

chilihead posted:

Yeah, the cap does not work like this. They have a hold on the books until he signs his deal

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

TheKevman posted:

I love this for the NBA Offseason N/V July thread if we did it by month :laugh:

Maybe the Free Agency thread title

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

R.D. Mangles posted:

i remain flummoxed by this. if the bulls were to trade vooch for gobert, they'd be taking an offense that everyone is screaming doesn't have enough shooting and would take a center who can theoretically shoot and drag someone out to the perimeter to create lanes for zach and demar for a guy who can only shoot 3 inches from the basket and would allow the other team to just camp their shotblockers in the paint.

Vooch's shooting ability was entirely theoretical last year, to the point the Bucks were able to straight-up ignore him behind the arc in the playoffs and he punished them to the tune of...31% 3pt shooting on 8.4 attempts per game. Gobert at least stretches the defense vertically

They'd absolutely have to load up on shooters outside of Gobert/DeRozan, though. No more Javontes, Ayo and Pat have to crank up their volume if they wanna crack the rotation, etc

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

Yeah, the cap does not work like this. They have a hold on the books until he signs his deal

Oh yeah this was the loophole they closed in the last CBA. It used to work with bird rights.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Warriors-Grizzlies beef Day 3: Draymond Green enters the fray
https://sports.yahoo.com/warriors-and-grizzlies-beef-enters-day-3-since-nba-finals-050725224.html

Papes posted:

Tatum played the most minutes ever (or like last 50 years or something) so not terribly surprising.

Here are the only players who played more minutes (regular season + playoff) than Tatum in the last decade:

code:
Player		Minutes		Season
LeBron James	3948		2017-18
Kevin Durant	3937		2013-14
LeBron James	3837		2012-13
Paul George	3752		2012-13

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

It makes me wonder what COVID-19 NBA protocols will be like in the coming years. And if he was just unlucky last year.

rjmccall posted:

As long as we’re looking at Finals stats, how many series actually go perfectly as predicted by home-court advantage?

You mean when the home team wins each game?

The 2006 finals started with the home team winning the first give games at least.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

How KD Tweet Summer continues

https://twitter.com/KDTrey5/status/1538997125907787776

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Drunk Canuck posted:

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1538873230534090755?t=um_3G6xY5iPEkYZ-9InZsA&s=19

Kyrie signing saga is going to be an amazing gift to us. I think my bias is towards the Knicks because that'll provide better SAS rants.

I'm gearing up even though this is the disgruntled star to NY news cycle of the offseason

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Also I'd welcome Kyrie over the turdball guard play we had last year easily. Who wouldn't??

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
KD is right and I support him 100%

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Doltos posted:

I'm gearing up even though this is the disgruntled star to NY news cycle of the offseason

does it count as disgruntled star to ny when he already plays in ny

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
KD is hilarious

go KD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
nickname still sucks tho