Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
"Gay people are gay because they have more estrogen than testosterone"

Where the gently caress are my titties at then, Mr. McQuaig?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Plant MONSTER. makes good threads.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

America is the good guys.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

America is the good guys.

That this statement is somehow original or thought-provoking.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
our elementary school gym teacher wanted us to catch a seagull to use like one would a dove for a ceremony for a kid who died. That wasn't a lie on their part but it was a horrible idea

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

my grade 10 history teacher sincerely told us "gently caress" stood for "fornication under consent of the king" lmfao. and "poo poo" had a similiar backronym as well i can't remember atm

the other one was "ship high in transit" because it was manure and couldn't get wet or something lol

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Plant MONSTER. posted:

our elementary school gym teacher wanted us to catch a seagull to use like one would a dove for a ceremony for a kid who died. That wasn't a lie on their part but it was a horrible idea

did anyone catch a seagull? i been trying to catch a seagull my whole life and they always fly away

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

"My name is Mr. Schmidt and I'm going to teach you math."

You aren't going to teach poo poo you football coach. You're just going to rewrite the equations from the teaching manual onto the white board and get angry and yell at us when no one knows what the hell to do.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
"People doing academic work today worth an A would only get a C for the same work in 1950, and you can thank the internet for this!"

- my private catholic school dual math/religion teacher, one day out of nowhere.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde
"Democracy is the best system of government"
"Capitalism is the best economic system"
"People are basically good"

e:

"Visual Basic is a good programming language" - that was the biggest whopper of them all.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
"It's only a medical procedure, now drop those shorts"

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

the other one was "ship high in transit" because it was manure and couldn't get wet or something lol

And it was my grade 10 history teacher who said Marie Antoinette told peasants to eat cake. She said "cake" referred to the burnt poo poo that was caked onto the walls of ovens.

This ignores the fact she said "qu'ils mangent de la brioche" which, you know, is solidly not that. It was more of a flippant remark/joke. And also Marie Antoinette never even said it probably.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
:shuckyes: You will 100% use this information as an adult :shuckyes:

- said by anyone but my Typing instructor in 9th grade

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Plant MONSTER. posted:

And it was my grade 10 history teacher who said Marie Antoinette told peasants to eat cake. She said "cake" referred to the burnt poo poo that was caked onto the walls of ovens.

This ignores the fact she said "qu'ils mangent de la brioche" which, you know, is solidly not that. It was more of a flippant remark/joke. And also Marie Antoinette never even said it probably.

Something something that one goon post about how a cake can be a thing like a cupcake or a material like a three-foot-long-penis made out of cake

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

kntfkr posted:

did anyone catch a seagull? i been trying to catch a seagull my whole life and they always fly away

No. Their genius idea was literally a box supported by a stick on a string. The only animal slow and dumb enough to fall for that was the neighbor's Welsh Corgi.

Imagine trying to ceremoniously release a wild seagull, thinking it would be a beautiful graceful thing.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Gays use Crisco.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

kntfkr posted:

I guess I never tried, but how can it be difficult to grab a seagull? The seagulls at Cedar Point will take fries out of your hands if you offer it.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Can't believe no mention of the importance of cursive yet.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Not the teachers themselves but for sex education they outsourced some of it to guest speakers. Problem is, the speakers were solidly pro-abstinence. They presented us a slideshow story about two fictional teenagers who had premarital sex at a drug-infested party and how it hosed up both their lives, but mostly the girl's because she was punished with decades of fertility issues and had to become a born-again virgin to repent.

My favorite part was when they claimed said infertility was caused by STIs she caught when they had sex. Even though both teens were explicitly said to be virgins before the party and to have only had sex with each other. Even though the boy had no STIs at all and neither of them were indicated to have been infected from another source before or during the party.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
can't even tell you how many teachers told me i'd never hold down a job if i couldn't show up on time. that my future bosses would never let me make my own hours.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
"if you don't have a condom, use saran wrap and a rubber band"

In junior year of highschool

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I heckled a teacher once who made some dumb comment about how Let Them Eat Cake was an English thing when everyone knows it's loving Marie Antoinette even if it maybe never happened I shouted very angrily and stupidly "that was the French!!"

I still feel bad about it it was kind of douchey and everyone probably thought I was a huge homo for it

Because I am

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

That god is real and strong and my friend

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

"if you don't have a condom, use saran wrap and a rubber band"

In junior year of highschool

lol awesome

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
Videos about there being a one world order, the illuminati is a devil worshipping cult, and something about when christians or jews take the sacred tower or something in Jereselum then the world will end and jesus will come and judge us all. the 90s were weird

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
All the Jews need to gather in Israel before the end times can happen everyone knows that :rolleyes:

And good luck with that without some more appealing hors d'oeuvres

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

I had a teacher in Jr. High who always had these stupid lies about what things were like in University. He’d be like ‘in University if you hand anything in and it’s one minute late it’s an automatic zero. So I’m going to do that from now on so you’ll know!”
Then the first time he tried it I think he got in trouble because he tried to give several students a zero on a months long project.
He also decided that all the graduating students should donate flowers to the school to plant. His implication was if we didn’t he’d take points off our final projects. gently caress that guy.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
weed is bad

also people who grow weed use human poop as fertilizer

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

Borden posted:

I had a teacher in Jr. High who always had these stupid lies about what things were like in University. He’d be like ‘in University if you hand anything in and it’s one minute late it’s an automatic zero. So I’m going to do that from now on so you’ll know!”

oh yeah lol this guy too. what is it with elementary/high school teachers extremely warped views on the post-secondary world? they were basically wrong about everything. if they were to be believed, the "real world" after high school is nothing but insanely rigid disciplinarians

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Still kinda mad about how much nonsense & propaganda the food pyramid is

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Meme Poker Party posted:

I actually had teachers say this and then beg me to type everything because my handwriting was unreadable.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
I can be anything I put my mind to.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

oh yeah lol this guy too. what is it with elementary/high school teachers extremely warped views on the post-secondary world? they were basically wrong about everything. if they were to be believed, the "real world" after high school is nothing but insanely rigid disciplinarians

I think these kind of teachers kinda hosed me up for a while because I stupidly took them at face value and my prime motivator for a significant portion of my life became "be a perfectionist so you don't get yelled at"

even while my boss was spending a significant portion of our one-on-one status meetings discussing all the dispensaries that just opened up and which ones had the best stuff I'd still be like "if you tell him the project delivery date needs to be pushed by a week he's gonna flip his lid and you'll get an F and never move on to 10th grade"

Visiting some of those dispensaries helped though!!!

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

shakespear

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
We were taught about Leon Trotsky, and we were taught about Frida Kahlo, but we were never taught that they hosed.

Seems like important info to leave out!!!!!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
That I will need to know chemistry in my day-to-day life. As an actor, I haven't had to think about chemistry since college.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Meme Poker Party posted:

Oh yeah, in grade school it was "You must write cursive! In high school and beyond, no printed work will be accepted!"

By the time I got to high school, the teachers didn't care and everyone basically forgot cursive within a year.

Borden posted:

Then the first time he tried it I think he got in trouble because he tried to give several students a zero on a months long project.
He also decided that all the graduating students should donate flowers to the school to plant. His implication was if we didn’t he’d take points off our final projects. gently caress that guy.

I did have one professor like this. One, and that was it. Everyone else only cared that it was in at some point on the day it was due.

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.
6th grade social studies teacher

If we had public Healthcare, hospitals wouldn't be compelled by market competition to buy the latest and best medical equipment.

If we hadn't stopped saddam in Kuwait he would have gone on to become the next hitler.

I guess its not lying if you really believe it, but still what a deluded moron.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
The bible was written by flawed men and God isn't really as horrible as the book makes him out to be.

Also, Revelation was an allegory for the fall of Rome and God isn't really going to end the world.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Oh, and loving long division. "This is very important and you will need it throughout your life"

I have quite literally never done long division since the fifth grade. In fact if you asked me to do it right now, I would have to google it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I can't tell if I can't think of any lies teachers told me because they didn't lie (lol) or because I didn't listen :v:

I had a history teacher that assigned A People's History of the United States by Howard Zinn, and that was the most attention I ever paid in class.

Oh yeah, I also had a teacher who was obsessed with emacs vs. vi, and I can't remember what side he was on, but he was ADAMANTLY in favor of one of them and dismissive of people who were in favor of the other.