Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Yeah, gently caress you

Hatebag posted:

Nah the oceans will be dead within the century. There won't even be algae or plankton lol

Yup, and water everywhere will be so acidic nothing will be able to live here ever again. A few billion years to turn an uninhabitable planet into one you can walk around on, and a few dozen to revert it to uninhabitable, forever.

BTW, this knowledge is going to make a lot of people go loving crazy and start doing loving crazy poo poo, on a bigger scale than we've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Aglet56 posted:

i'm watching ds9 before it gets removed from netflix. past tense (s03e11) features the ds9 crew getting accidentally transported back in time to a 21st century earth, where urban centers have become open-air prisons for the millions of homeless living in the aftermath of a failed US. the year? 2024

Thank you for this, and may your fate be better than that of aglet55.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Plinkey posted:

is that what you call it when your rear end gets wet in the walk in while your GM is riding you like a 50c horse outside of a grocery store?

Slathering oneself and partner with Thousand Island dressing from the 2-gallon jar

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

pillsburysoldier posted:

Gay sex mandatory in red states. All hetero sex is strictly tracked by the state

Wups there, quick fix, we'll declare it opposites day

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

CODChimera posted:

or everyone will just continue to pretend nothing is wrong

Grisly business watching to see what the important peoples' endgames look like. In a way we couldn't be more free. Since nothing matters, we can do whatever we want. More and more people are saying!

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

tenderjerk posted:

How will jails not be crowded if everything is a crime

oooooh!

oh.

Once we get over the hump of incarcerating probably more people than ever in US history when we do all that, things will eventually calm down.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

- Sex is now for the rich only

In fulfillment of the scriptures

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

I found where all the buttons go inside the dryer

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

CaptainBeefart posted:

Gotta play this. Crowd pleaser for all ages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECiMhe4E0pI

Good call

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

RealityWarCriminal posted:

but you are a player

The player becomes the played, quick as the scorpion sting.

-- attributed to Mu'ad D'ib,
In the House of My Father by Princess Irulen

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

I bought a bar today. Not the whole business, just the long wooden part. The guy said it's made of cherry or something, there may be some salvaging it. $10. Only problem is the demolition guys cut it into 3 pieces to get it out if the building using sawz-alls in all likelihood, so there's probably some damage to some of it. I'm inclined to just glue it with great stuff or something at those jagged cuts, get a Villa Straylight feel going on.

I also got a little wood stove for $20 that looks like it's made for a big tent in the woods, you know, boy scout style camping. It all comes apart, including the chimney. I think this winter I'm not going to have the garage ready for prime time yet so maybe I'll just set it up to use a wood stove out there and put a couple rugs down and go with that until next year. So any of y'all that come out this way, you know where you'll be sleeping.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

AxGrap posted:

Fackin niiiiice.

I believe this is roughly the popular design for "Alaskan" style camp stoves, not all that efficient, safe or durable, but you can get them for like $100 or 200 new and get it in the mail. This one here needs some serious Rustoleum and should last a few more years with better care. I'd recommend a better design for anybody that can afford it but this was just $20 at the Habitat.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Schnorkles posted:

That's a good little stove. I have a titanium one for the hot-tent for backpacking and a stainless steel (c'mon schnork) monster for car-camping.

You can stay quite comfortable in the negatives.

Wow, glad to hear a good ref about it. I am pretty pleased to have found it. I think some high temp rustoleum should help, after brushing off the worst of this rust.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

tacodaemon posted:

that cable access show was run by the same two guys who made Heavy Metal Parking Lot (which also takes place in Prince George's County, Maryland, where Forestville is)

the guy playing his throat is named Al Breon

Oh hey, TD, I met those guys, they did another docu a handful of years ago, about their hometown of Bowie. I don't know what they've done to publish it but I was there for its first showing at Bowie town hall. I'd say it really really reminded me of the movie Best in Show except funnier and with real people. Highly recommend if you are from the area and know anything about Bowie.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Schnorkles posted:

the benefits of stoves like that though is they have tons of radiant heat so you can do some real serious cooking on those grates.

Sweet. I may feel like strengthening it a little bit before I use it. Like those legs seem way to spindly, like you could kick this thing over. But with a little baling wire you can make it stronger.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Schnorkles posted:

Usually weight considerations. If you're taking it into the woods you usually plop it on a fireproof pad + maybe dig in the legs. My titanium one doesn't even really have legs, just little sharpened poles you poke into the ground (or snow, depending on how far up in the mountains you happen to be)

So yeah, this sounds like a cool item for a little yurt type setup, may find some good use for it. Probably will play with it this winter.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Asproigerosis posted:

Just gonna throw it out there that the fact that you know everyone in the industry is a really terrible horrible thing when you're known for being a walkin freezer thirst fiend adulterer, bub.

Buddykins, you should bite the bullet and be a flight attendant. I was a chauffeur for Delta for a while and those people would live up to your requirements. Here, one of my bawdy flight attendant stories:

quote:

So Nancy decided to give Dan a blowjob in the galley (in flight) and while they're doing it somebody rushes in and says "where's the plates?" And you know what Nancy said? Mmmmmm-mm-mmm---mmm-mmm" pointing toward the cabinet with the plates in it with her free hand.

petit choux has issued a correction as of 17:18 on Jul 2, 2022

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Mr. Trump, you've got yourself a winning team and by god, I want to be on it.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Oglethorpe posted:

classroom video should be in a powerpoint about red flags lol

It starts with the car videos.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Lpzie posted:

ty for ur input. anything else from the peanut gallery???

Yeah, keep your day job

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Schnorkles posted:

if trump is running in a crowded '24 primary i demand that the mods let everyone back + everyone comes back so we can post like it was 2015 again

Chvrches

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

BAE OF PIGS posted:

Just watched 1st episode of the boys. Is the whole thing this dumb?

Oh yeah

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Wow nice!

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Man Musk posted:

that's lastgirl

some say that her own terms were not good enough, so she haunts this subforum

hence the name, lastgirl

I have a strong suspicion I know an alt of hers in a distant thread but I don't really have any interaction with her there. Hence the name, next-to-lastgirl. I may be totally wrong on that but I don't care a whole lot since she was pretty pissy lately anyway and if she has outgrown these forums, I'm so happy for her. Lastgirl is one poster I have a hard time going offline though.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

BAE OF PIGS posted:

I'd love to see pence and trump in a debate

trump doesn't debate.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

tenderjerk posted:

fuckign idiot thread, yeah let's run all the good posters out so we can get more livejournal bullshit and just poo poo out all the tweets you saw that day that you like

And talking bullshit about politics and America and stuff, yeah. This poo poo sucks. Now who were those good posters you're talking about?

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Getting ready to hang with extended family to celebrate the 4th, so yes you are right.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

This is a tolerable distance for Alec. I'd say if he posts closer than 1000 feet he should be taken in for questioning.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

tacodaemon posted:

yep this is emfive's daughter all right

LOL

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Mayor Dave posted:

You mean the throat GOAT?

Double doggin' throat GOAT

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Tell them to PM me.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

There appears to be a anti-abortion rapper getting down with his self there

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

What did I miss here anyway?

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Mustached Demon posted:

there must always be a war to spend money on

Those arms manufacturers aren't gonna fight the wars themselves.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Sorry I'm so behind again, but this is one of the funniest things in the past few weeks. They had to be trolling with this one. You can't say any word that begins in "LIB" no matter what in this country. You can murder people, you can bomb weddings, just don't say "liberal" for gently caress's sake.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

AxGrap posted:

Pendant on a silver chain around my waist hanging tantalizingly just above my buttcrack.

Glad you're having a nice weekend AxGrap

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Virgil Vox posted:

Also wondering if your legally allowed to re-sell gasoline? like is their a license like liquor and guns?

smarxist posted:

nah man you can just sell it at a stand like lemonade

Buying scalped gasoline from unmarked tanker trucks, they only take cash.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Filthy Hans posted:

my favorite Mothersbaugh moment was when an interviewer asked him about being parodied by "Weird Al" Yankovic and he said that Dare To Be Stupid was basically transcendently beautiful and he hated Weird Al because of it

No shame in admitting Weird Al is one talented little fucker