Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Bored As gently caress posted:

She needs to GO THE gently caress AWAY from the spotlight and enjoy her retirement as a multimillionaire. Her name is toxic and she lost to a sentient fascist orange peel. If it had been anyone but her, the Dems would've won.

I don't understand why all these rich assholes (her, Schumer, Pelosi, McConnell, any older Senator or Congress person) don't retire and enjoy what few years they have left on this planet traveling the world, eating great food, drinking expensive wine, spending time with their grandkids, and just being happy. I think their brains are permanently broken. Maybe they're addicted to whatever level of power they have, and they wouldn't give it up for anything. I don't know.

They’re addicted to the feeling that they know what’s best for everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

There reaaaaally fuckin needs to be a hard age-limit on all political posittions. If you're over 60 just gently caress off, please.

From the NIH website:

quote:

Five percent of people ages 71 to 79, 24.2 percent of people 80 to 89, and 37.4 percent of those 90 years or older were estimated to have some type of dementia.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Stewart, Ickx, Lauda and others all had to go majorly against the grain at the time(s) to try and get safety improvements made.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Not a super fan, but I'll say I enjoy kaiju when I watch them

If you (or anyone else) likes that Godzilla stuff be sure to check out Ultra Q, a monster of the week TV show with a lot of the same special effects guys as the Toho Godzilla stuff. Super charming miniatures and special effects. The blu rays are gorgeous.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Dang the universe is pretty big.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Crab Dad posted:

And we are all alone

Literally nobody wants anything to do with us.

I honestly believe the true answer to Fermi's Paradox is that it's so expensive in energy/resource terms to even approach the speed of light or otherwise make a slower than light self-sustainable/colony ship that even if there is life elsewhere it's just too hard to make it out of your local area.

Either that or any sufficiently advanced race would see us and know better than to stick their hand into the ant farm.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

When you forget to change the file name of the homework assignment.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
My last few Southwest trips were luckily uneventful except for weather delays. We're going to Europe in October on Lufthansa and I'm pumped. Never flown on a non-US airline before. And it's on a 747 which I've always wanted to be on.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

I specifically chose the non-united flights. We’re going through the Frankfurt hub from Houston and then to Copenhagen. I’d rather not fly out of IAH since Hobby is much closer but 🤷‍♂️

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Burt posted:

Also from someone who used to commute monthly to Australia from the UK for a living, airlines ranking;

Any Far Eastern > Any Middle Eastern >>>> Any European National >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any US >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any Euro budget >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Any ex-sov bloc >>>>>>>> RyanAir

What counts as "Far Eastern" JAL, Korean Air, etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I think it was on here someone told an anecdote about a friend who flew Spirit, somehow wasn't counted as present, so her return ticket was cancelled. Customer service basically told her to kick rocks and she was stranded. That was enough to keep me away from them for good.