Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

RandolphCarter posted:

Hear me out guys: potato chips seasoned with the chicken powder from a ramen pack.

I mean... broken up dry ramen with seasoning is just a snack you can buy in japan and korea, minimum, I had a pack just the other day, bulgogi flavor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

RFC2324 posted:

What about those hot dogs with the cheese filling?

Inside out quesarito.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Hot dog surprise pack

Open up a gimmick food truck called Gachadog. Maybe you'll get the SSR hot dog full of money!

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Stopped in at my local chocolate shop yesterday, and lo and behold:

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

Is that fudge? I'd give it a try.

It is, in fact, candy corn fudge. I'm a once a year little bit of candy corn guy myself, and it's actually pretty good. The sheer quality really kind of transforms the flavor a bit. It's like the better in every way twin, like Danny DeVito and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

The real prize of the trip was the cake batter fudge, which is absurdly, dangerously delicious, but I'm more interested to try out the apple cider donut fudge. Sadly, the current batch of fudges does not have their sangria fudge, which I brought to gencon and was amazing.

NinjaDebugger has a new favorite as of 19:22 on Oct 2, 2022

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Zero_Grade posted:

I'm amazed he's still around and making new videos. Based on everything he does I would have expected he poo poo his lungs out or something by now.

He did, but he got better.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

angerbeet posted:

I refuse to believe "3rd and Steese" is a possible street name. I'm not going to look it up. It's fake and google is lying.

It's not a street name, you absolute goon, it's an intersection name.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

RFC2324 posted:

Korean bbq rules and I have no idea how they pass American restaurant inspections. Handing your customers a plate of raw beef and saying "its on you" seems like a failing grade

I don't see why. As long as you're following handling standards and have appropriately posted instructions, all the onus is on the diners after the meat is handed off, as far as I know. It's less inherently dangerous than serving something like steak tartare.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Dareon posted:

When I fantasize about owning a restaurant, one of the sections of the menu will just be labeled "Mess". You pick (broadly) a carb, a meat, and a fluid, and we'll scramble them all together or pour two atop a third. Ramen, egg, and ham. Potatoes, Velveeta, and bacon bits. Wheat toast, ground beef, and cream gravy. Pumpernickel, alfredo, and liver.

In terms of getting nutrition into your body, it's a decent enough application. But I'm under no illusions that it's something appealing enough to go out for regularly.

It's the Waffle House bowl of stuff, and I love it.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Hell, I'd try it. Most of the meat substitutes now are pretty good.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Scarodactyl posted:

You understand gelatinous hams
are the ruler of everything.

For with what measure ye meat, so shall ye be meat in turn.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Sodium Chloride posted:

It was cute when I thought the green bits were peas and it was a savoury cake. Oh no.

It's actually really good, all kinds of strange poo poo works fine in that role in a cake without changing the final flavor at all.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

LifeSunDeath posted:

yet another campbells psyop to push terrible soups. who the gently caress would use condensed tomato soup for pasta sauce, lmao.

Prototype dump dinners itt. This recipe would later be upgraded to "Dump all ingredients in pot, simmer for 30 minutes"

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Oh, traditional atheist christmas food. It's been ages since I had these!

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

These are on sale at Hy-Vee, if I can get them added to my order this morning there will be a trip report incoming. They're not actually much more substantial, calorie-wise, than the cheese sauce I already use for my breakfast, and at this point any flavor variation is welcome, you can only go so far with a variety of spices and hot sauces and after a year and a half of my primary diet being eggs and hash browns in the morning... I'm not tired of it, but also a little more variety would be nice.

edit: It's been added to my order, trip report will probably be tomorrow morning after breakfast.

NinjaDebugger has a new favorite as of 15:33 on Dec 26, 2022

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

NinjaDebugger posted:

edit: It's been added to my order, trip report will probably be tomorrow morning after breakfast.

Tried the cool range jalapeno flavor this morning with my eggs & potats. Was dubious based on an initial taste before mixing it in. In quantity, it tastes like nothing so much as fritos jalapeno cheddar with a packet of ranch mix added. Once it was mixed into the big pile of potatoes and scrambled eggs, it was a nice mild creamy flavor, very white people spicy. I'll probably add some hot sauce for using up the rest of it, but it's perfectly serviceable and inoffensive, and will make a nice change of pace.

I'll crack open the spicy nacho cheese flavor tomorrow morning.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Opened up the "Spicy Nacho Cheese" doritos dip this morning, it was honestly about what I expected. As best I can tell, it's just rebranded fritos jalapeno cheddar dip in a larger tub, to take advantage of the much stronger doritos brand. That makes it a lot more likely that I was right that the cool ranch jalapeno is just the exact same dip with a bit of ranch mix added.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

So this morning, to use the stuff up, I mixed a couple tablestpoons of 2x spicy buldak in the container of cool ranch doritos dip, then added some of it to my breakfast. MUCH better flavor, a lot like having buffalo ranch without the nasty taste of Frank's, and a slight flavor of delicious chicken.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Grand Fromage posted:

It's a Nebraska thing, not midwest.

That is what generic chili looks like in Ohio though.

Yeah, I grew up in nebraska/iowa with that. Goddamn good though, haven't had it in ages, and my diet won't support it anymore.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Zero_Grade posted:

The vague instructions are somehow the most unsettling part.

Honestly I doubt you can actually taste the beef through all the sugar and vanilla.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

SLOSifl posted:

I got banned from a "simple questions" reddit for asking where to get a can of water to make my soup. :(

Deserved, it's a stupid question. Water comes in bottles.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

absolutely would. It's a burgoo, sure, but I'd carve into that, because all that carmelized cheese would be amazing, I've had a similar burger and it was loving fantastic.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/BevsNotGuilty/status/1615826387729784833

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

I thought it was a weird taco gimmick at first but yeah, you could do some dessert stuff with that, or maybe some other savory dish depending on how the seasoning works out.

Moroccan beef wraps. The mix in pumpkin spice, once you remove the sugar, isn't actually far off from that, which is why I noted it'd be a pretty good jerky flavoring.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Prototype pizza on a bagel.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

hawowanlawow posted:

get that poo poo out of here

Gotta agree, taco bell managed to make a meat, egg, and cheese biscuit substantially messier for no actual benefit. The Kentaco brings actual value to the table.

The breakfast crunchwrap is good though, and their breakfast burritos are fine, even if Taco John's is ridiculously better.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Overminty posted:

Have I been doing omelettes wrong, didn't realise it was just supposed to be a clump of fried eggs.

Agree, the real crime here is that by the time that thing's done cooking those yolks are gonna be cooked through.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

Man I loved that stuff for the short time it was around. Kid me was right on board with everything being violently bubble gum flavored.

I was too poor for this, but I agreed wholeheartedly, just make everything taste like getting punched in the mouth by Bazooka Joe.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

LifeSunDeath posted:

the cordyceps are making that guy eat more mold, it makes him think it's good and normal.

Look, if you want to have the bravery to wear women's clothing, you need either the cordyceps of the hormones, your call.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

How about some pink instead?

I thought it was just the 1970s photography at first but nope, they threw in tomato paste alongside the more typical ingredients.

I have to wonder if this is how my family came by our stroganoff recipe, which has no mushrooms (because allergies) and is more of a beefy tomato basil soup served over rice or noodles. Still has the sour cream, and when you add the sour cream it goes from a deep red to a bright virulent orange.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

I had Mountain Dew Frostbite this weekend and it's the best mountain dew alt flavor since White Out.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Pogonodon posted:

Yeah, almost positive it's the eye mold partly under the spoon.

Huh, these are still a super popular thing in Japan, oddly enough. Used to be guaranteed one every month when I subbed to Japan Crate.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Non Compos Mentis posted:

It looks like its a desert pizza

butterscotch and vanilla pudding, topped with powdered sugar and flan, is my best guess. Would.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

By popular demand posted:

Agreed, soft boiled are better in every way excepting if you're making them for pregnant people.

WRONG. You cannot make deviled eggs out of soft boiled.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

That is a fork being used to eat out of a nonstick pot.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Lib and let die posted:

STOP PUTTING RAISINS IN THINGS THAT RAISINS DON'T BELONG IN

YOUR STUFFED PEPPERS ARE hosed!!!!!!

Except this is my raisin deeter. Get stuffed, people who hate raisins, raisins are great.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

Pretty sure there are carbs in a pickle

A couple slices of dill pickle are close enough to zero for most purposes.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Non Compos Mentis posted:

why even include the bun

if there's no bun it stops being a hot dog sandwich.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

Oh boy, more granules please! :yum:

Where's Steve when you need something eaten?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

AARD VARKMAN posted:

From a Chinese restaurant in Aberdeen. What do you think this is? Because I don't know.

Sweet and sour chicken skewers.