Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

RoboRodent posted:

To be honest, frozen soup stock sounds pretty good on a hot sweaty day. Tempted to try this.

I bought chicken stock flavoured icy poles from the pet store once and my dog liked them but they smelt intensely salty in a way that was deeply unpleasant. I'm sure similar treats calibrated for humans wouldn't be as salty but I think they'd still be pretty gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

The Bloop posted:

You didn't try it? Food for pets should be WAY LESS salty than for humans, mostly because of body mass

Also I'm nearly positive you can't actually smell salt (as in NaCl) in food so I'm not sure what you were detecting

The smell was off-putting enough that I definitely wasn't game to taste it. It might not be salt, specifically, but kibble / pet food always smells 'salty' to me and normally in an unpleasantly strong way. My dog's current kibble smells like super concentrated vegetable stock powder and almost makes me gag every time I open the container it's stored in.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Brawnfire posted:

It reminds me a lot of the toothpastes the dentist lets me choose from

You want mint chocolate? Bubblegum? Pineapple? Grit? More grit?

High grit, please.

I wonder if you could make a Wendy's Frosty with grit. It could be the textural drink sensation to finally unseat bubble tea from its throne.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Otana posted:

Is it the lip implants that prevent her from closing her mouth while chewing, or...?

I think it's because she's a cretin, actually

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

They cut it with normal cutlery then switched to a plastic fork for the taste test :psyduck:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

FFT posted:

What? It's the same plastic fork they were using when they cut it

Granted, still hosed up, but it's not like they used a proper fork for the slicing then switched to a plastic one.

Also on further review it's definitely sliced by the same knife that was used to cut the hole in the raw steak, no bets regarding whether anyone did anything more than rinse it before using it on the "cooked" steak

Watching on my phone it looked like a different fork while she was cutting the steak. There's always so many baffling choices and editing decisions in these videos that it seemed plausible.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

A few months ago I had an infected abscess on my thigh that looked exactly like that when I lanced and drained it.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

The Bloop posted:

I would love a plain Dorito but that's not a thing I've ever seen

They'd just be overpriced corn chips anyway

Too salty for me but I'll take them over nacho cheese.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

uber_stoat posted:

for the curious they said its water with lemon and lentils, black rice, and chicken. reasonable meal that just happens to look like p n p.

Mmm, water with lemon and lentils, just like momma used to make.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Schubalts posted:

Agar would keep its shape better and not have any noticeable smell, if you can get it. I use it to make coffee jellies and have them with whipped cream on the side.

What's your recipe for coffee agar jelly? I have some agar in the pantry and would like to try this out without digging through a million online recipes.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
The most egregious part of that video is that she's wearing a hat inside.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Hirayuki posted:

Here's mine, from an OG Japanese agar company:

4 g powdered agar
500 ml water
50 g sugar
1 T instant coffee granules
  1. Place water and agar in a saucepan and heat, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for an additional 2 minutes, still stirring.
  2. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Turn off the heat.
  3. Stir in instant coffee granules until dissolved. Pour into a shallow pan and chill until firm.
  4. Cut into cubes and serve.
Serves 5. 47 calories per serving.

I didn't have instant coffee so used 50/50 cold brew coffee and water and it turned out great.

Definitely not an appetising dish to look at though.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

uber_stoat posted:

i just chugged an entire bottle. i feel like i could fly! up to the roof i go!

edit: going down a bit of a tonic wine rabbit hole here. this one probably makes your eyes glow or maybe your skeleton.

vigorton :getin:

Going by the label it seems to give you Predator-style thermal scan vision.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

If I was served this at a restaurant I'd kick the rear end of everyone involved. The day of reckoning cannot come fast enough for people who make stupid, impractical and inedible food purely for social media clout.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

I don't know what meat that is but there's a Chinese dish that is pork mince and preserved vegetables steamed like that and it's delicious. Like the filling from a dumpling but served as a main course.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Freaquency posted:

I love how loving lazy the stacks of American cheese are

It's a common theme for these videos. Want to make something look 'epic'? Just throw a brick of 30 cheese slices in the middle of it :rolleyes: God, I loving hate stupid food videos of people making whatever deep-fried, cheese-filled abominations in that rapid cut tiktok style where everything is slapped onto the counter and clearly never intended to be eaten. It's truly grotesque and I hope everyone involved in creating the genre pays for their sins in the afterlife.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Yep, the hamnanas weirded me out the first time I saw them, but I've been leaning more and more into thinking there might be something there.

Bananas cooked on a grill with bacon or ham is a pretty great weekend breakfast but I don't think adding hollandaise or cheese sauce like in that photo would be very good.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

My Lovely Horse posted:

Suicide by caffeine is one heckuva thing to even conceive of.

Yeah, I could get a bunch of sleeping pills together, take 'em all at once, just peacefully fade away into the darkness. or:

Living out their cocaine bear fantasy even when they can't get actual cocaine.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Wouldn't a jumbo donette just be a donut?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Cartoon Man posted:

:nws: and :nms:

https://imgur.com/gallery/aaAXUQb

Dick on a stick
Click and get sick

Is this even really edible? I understand if you're a caveman trying to survive you'll eat every bit of the buffalo but in tyool 2023 is there any need for this beyond shock value?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Skyline chili with green pasta for St. Patrick's

Needs more cheese

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Corn fritters are great, as is the general Asian template of rice flour pancakes with vegetables or meat added but the final product in this video looks like someone ran it through Deep Dream before serving it and it's creepy as gently caress.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Otana posted:

Now I want to try Smarties and M&Ms side by side, because the only real difference I can tell is that orange Smarties have orange chocolate inside. But it's been years since I had any so maybe it's an obvious difference.

At least in Australia, Smarties are slightly larger but much cheaper chocolate. The candy shells are thinner and the colouring bleeds all over your fingers while you're eating them. M&Ms ad campaign of 'melts in your mouth, not in your hands' always felt like it was calling out Smarties specifically.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

root beer posted:

I can’t help but assume that the basil would completely overpower the kiwi fruit flavor. I tried an ice cream that had a fruit + basil pairing and the basil was all I could taste. I don’t even remember what the fruit was.

I don't think basil drinks have a very strong basil flavour, although it's been a while since I had one. IIRC, the name is from the seeds that are put in the drink more than anything else.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Pogonodon posted:

Oats is fine, I've done that to stretch meals when I couldn't afford groceries, but mayonnaise?

Oats are a good filler for veggie burgers. When I make sweet potato and black bean burgers I grind up a cup of oats in my spice grinder and add it to the mixture.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Brawnfire posted:

They should make individually wrapped mayo slices

A Japanese company apparently made mayo slices a few years ago but I can't find anything online that confirms its existence beyond the original press release

https://soranews24.com/2020/02/21/sliced-mayonnaise-and-white-chocolate-now-exist-in-japan-bringing-sandwiches-to-glorious-new-era/

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

LeastActionHero posted:

Tongue is pretty tender, so biting through it or chewing wouldn't be a problem. Being able to see a nice big section of tastebuds may be off-putting to some.

Don't you peel the tastebuds off before you cook the tongue? My grandma used to cook tongue (but the British way of boiling it in plain water, maybe a pinch of salt and a bay leaf if you're lucky) and it wasn't terrible. Very much just a generic 'meat' experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

How the gently caress is it taking him so long to cut open the bladder?

His knife isn't sharp enough. It's probably also not something they can practice a lot so he's just winging it and trying to look like he knows what he's doing.