Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Eat your hamburgers, Apo-

Tarezax posted:

The classic Awkward Zombie comic (very slight spoiler of characters from the 2nd trilogy)

https://www.awkwardzombie.com/comic/culture-schlock
gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Haar_Dragon posted:

I mean, I won't shut it down, since it's not like I have the experience to say one way or the other, but I'd imagine it's just as much that it's hard to have a detective story when the police are good at their job. Like if that were the case, who needs the detective? Kinda like town guards in western RPGs, they have to be unhelpful so that the hero can do his thing.
Have the hero be a police detective?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Quackles posted:

Also, fun fact: Maya's favorite food in the Japanese version is ramen.
Eat the burger, Apollo Maya.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Huh. Having access to the record would be useful. I only figured out what the correct evidence was after voting - "why are people going with.... oh yeah. That thing the characters said. Several weeks ago."

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

I was just about to comment on the lack of motive, when the game brings it up and... just does nothing with it?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Dybael posted:

It can't be helped.
A certain "it can't be helped"?

I see.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Gosts posted:

The judge's wide-eyed, blinking face seems totally different when he uses it in surprise that phoenix is so stupid, as opposed to when the killer has a complete meltdown on the stand, the courtroom goes silent, fades to black, then fades back in on the judge as he says "well that was weird"
Oh yeah. This game manages to do surprisingly a lot with very little.

On that note, DKII - there's a climactic bit in a couple of updates (once you manage to figure out who the murderer is) that you really want to capture on video. Both to demonstrate the above, and because it doesn't really work as gifs with "music starts" and "music ends" notes.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

GilliamYaeger posted:

She's right. There's no way she could have used the spear to kill the Steel Samurai.
Yeah. I think what actually happened is fairly clear, but that might be my experience from previous LP's butting in.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Xander77 posted:

On that note, DKII - there's a climactic bit in a couple of updates (once you manage to figure out who the murderer is) that you really want to capture on video. Both to demonstrate the above, and because it doesn't really work as gifs with "music starts" and "music ends" notes.
That's the one.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

DKII posted:

Thanks for pointing it out - I had thought you were talking about the end of the investigation yesterday. As requested: Video Link
Much appreciated.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Xander77 posted:

A certain "it can't be helped"?

I see.
But seriously, at least we can be glad that games besides MGS don't directly translate Aizuchi \ parroting.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

How is the statute of limitations for D-6 expiring relevant to framing Edgeworth for murder?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

It's not over yet!

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

I played Aviary Attorney before ever playing watching someone else play Ace Attorney. Kinda missed out on certain allusions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

TheDavies posted:

I suspect that Officer Marshall sounds a lot like this guy

Going back a bit:

Sure. Thanks for that... deniable fanfic fodder?