Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I like to imagine Phoenix and Larry developed their weird sign language when they were kids and for some reason still use it regularly even now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I think I'd actually find it more fun if you, the LPer, just went with your immediate gut reaction or instinct every time. I think a lot of us know the games and know the answers, and are more here for seeing you experience it and piece together the moon logic puzzle pieces.

At least, that's how it is for me. I don't really want to give you the answer so much as see if you can get it. A core part of the AA experience is fumbling for what the game wants you to do, even when you've pieced together who the murderer is already (or the game has shown you like it has here). Just being given the right answers every time as I'm sure everyone would do, sort of takes a little away from it if you catch my meaning?

Again, only really speaking for myself here, but I would enjoy reliving my own blind playthrough vicariously by seeing if you get caught by the same things that caught me, or if you find new ones.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Quackles posted:

Side note: That's not the jury in the stands there. Just the crowd.

I'm told they sell tickets.

Well, hangings used to be a public event I suppose, so why not?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Rythian posted:

Cogniferous!

My favourite type of tree.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Clever, the way they set you up for this one.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Man, now they're going to have to update the autopsy report again, and boy is it going to be embarrassing for the coroner.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
He killed Mia for that list, I guess. And now it's gotten out anyway.

Also, Edgey and the Judge are on that list. I imagine they won't want to explain the particulars.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
But the map says the Employee Area is to the left as you come in the gate?

It's right on the map, sure, but...

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
AA is at its best when it doesn't show you whodunnit in the opening scene.

Which is thankfully a majority of the time, I feel.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I'm pretty sure you could kill a man if he was charging at you and you just held it up. Especially braced against a stair or something. I'm also pretty sure that isn't what happened though. Surely the more compelling counter argument would have been "how would I have gotten it off him in the first place"? Given he, you know, arrived with it, per the cameras.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Nah gently caress it, let's go hunt Gourdy.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Omobono posted:

How do you even prove the prosecutor pulled this poo poo?
I assume in the case that lead to this ruling the prosecutor actually put in writing he was pulling that poo poo.

Possibly as simple as identifying the prosecution as having all relevant evidence logged from a long time ago, and having been sitting on it doing nothing until the trigger event of the witness dying. "You've had all this stuff for ten years, why are you doing this now of all times?"

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Could also have been some panicked hyperventilation I guess.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I also don't think this is the actual ghost of Mia and this is just Phoenix' imagination as he goes off on his wildest tangent, dunno if the game ever clarifies one way or the other.

This is my read as well, kinda. I mean who doesn't have a little homunculus of their closest friends in their head that tells you how they'd react to things, even if they're not there?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

These are some Advance Wars looking characters.

Andy, ???, Sonja, Kanbei and Kindle.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

fatsleepycat posted:

Caulder, maybe? Missing the facial hair but a somewhat similar sallow countenance. I could see art of Hawke that portrayed him like this, even if canon doesn't.

The "Phoenix" here also feels very Mega Man to me.

Could equally be Adder as well, yeah, now I think. One of those lot at any rate.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
It's fun when characters have gimmicks, but when gimmicks become characters it's miserable.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
It doesn't make any sense at all, really. Even if he was only witnessed when disposing of the bodies each time, there's no way that was strung out over months. Then he has a change of heart and turns himself in... only to have another change of heart when the power goes out and tries to escape again?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

FoolyCharged posted:

Less turned himself in and more accepted being brought in after being captured, I think.

No, turned himself in.

Then tried to escape later anyway? Like I said, it's his change of heart on his change of heart that bothers me.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Truthkeeper posted:

This is all complete nonsense. Obviously the Blue Badger teleported back in time to the day of the murder.

Doctor Blue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Yeah, this is nothing short of a commendably herculean effort. I hope you continue having as much fun as the games progress.