Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress yes. Wish it was Friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

Diane, the fog has lifted and it's July 29th, twelve-oh-one AM. I'm standing in line at the Gamestop, excited for a voyage into the unknown. At home I've procured the following: one easy boy recliner, retail five hundred and ninety nine US dollars. I'm told that's a funny number, Diane, but I'm not sure why. One case of a dozen Bawls energy drinks, twenty-five-ninety-nine, and I'm pretty sure I know why that's funny. Domino's is on speed dial, my phone is in airplane mode, I have not achieved release in forty-eight hours, and not to be indelicate, but Diane? This is going to be a big one.

Lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Xbc1 and 2 OSTs haven't left my rotation in years, hope the music continues to kick rear end. I picked up a copy of X when I got my wii u set up again that I want to play some day. Remember Bob loved it!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

reading between the lines i think bob was playing randomly generated quests for 100 hours and expecting them to end

Tbf I was doing this in Torna for a while expecting a reward. They did end and the reward wound up being able to fight the final boss,

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pre Ordered this rear end.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress yes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I remember the end of Torna being really badass as a fight and not much else about xbc2 story so I'm just gonna let the game wash over me and not sweat the details

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The frog has almost reached the pleasingly ample chest.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Torn between staying up late or taking a sleeping pill at 7om and opting for the Rise and Grind

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i always end up playing like 30 minutes of a midnight release before feeling sleepy and regretting not just starting the next day, so I'm going to fix that for once

Yeah...I think the only times it's been worth it are for multiplayer games bc it's fun to be there for the launch. But usually the servers are toasted anyways . It's hard out there for gamers.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've played for 15 minutes but I already love multiple extremely stupid visual flairs in this setting and the "you've started a battle" effect is really good. 149.75 hours to go!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Already got "You hear that Noah? Lanz wants something's meatiah!" stuck in my head. Monolith you beautiful bastards. You've done it again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

just the fact you can actually check combat tutorials after the fact and you don't have to mash A to pick up stuff in the overworld makes this an immense improvement lol

There's lot of really smart menu shortcuts too...L2+different face buttons brings you directly to different equipment/class/map screens, and in any menu you can hold X to go back to the game instead of having to back out of 5 layers of menus.

I'm picking up 300 piles of crap and can't wait to see what I can Craft with them.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If someone figures out a way to turn off the huge Story Objective indicator, that would be cool. its quite garish

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got to the first Moebius scene and the story has me fully engaged. Can't wait to see the escalations from here, this game kicks rear end and I feel like Im still in the Prologue.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Standing perfectly still and silent with my nose 0.001mm from the door while Eunie's in the bathroom.

lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Going for a 100% No Bathing run. Let's see how dirty Mio gets.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gonna be able to smell em through the exhaust vent Lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Take a smellpon, friends.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

this line is the only thing i remember about Xenosaga.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXWTkdJJNh8&t=8851s

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kongming posted:

Man, Mwamba is one day away from retirement. Wonder what will happen to him on this op.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nice, Mwamba's a great guy. Shame I can't change his equipment, moves or assign skill points. Probably just a glitch. Now, let's watch this next cutscene, looks like Mwamba is heading into a dark cave!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kongming posted:

This game kicks rear end. "Keep the flame clock high to get a stat boost!" Two hours later: "You are free from the flame clock."

This is almost guaranteed to matter again in some capacity though...has to

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plutonis posted:

OH MY GOD THIS GAME HAS CLASS LEVELING AND YOU CAN PICK ARTS FROM OTHER CLASSES TO FULLY CUSTOMIZE THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE JRPG MECHANICS

how late into the gamne do you get this. Im chomping at the bit for classes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

its good. im glad the voice acting in this is good like xeno1 so far instead of like xeno2 where its "good"

Yeah, and the same could be said for a lot of the game. 2 was kinda maximalist nonsense with a lot of quirky design ideas that all kind of worked together if you could stomach the parts you didn't like. 3 seems just like hugely killer in every way, they smoothed out all the rough bits and perfected what was already working +.have a written a more engaging story. It loving owns!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can do regular > fusion and then fusion into regular or talent. So once you have 3 fusion skills you'll be able to have more freedom with it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's so hosed up that I'm on Chapter 2 and there's already hundreds of potential party make ups I think. Monolith are nuts.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol getting to the Chain Attack tutorial

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

and you can actually cook at them!!!!! i love this poo poo

im so glad every JRPG ever stole the FFXV camp. DQXI is still the best version of it but its lovely whenevr it shows up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yup. Was getting my rear end kicked by a Elite so I spenr 10 minutes tinkering with class loadouts, accessories, and arts and then smoked their rear end on the next attempt. No idea what change j made that actually mattered but hell. Total victory achieved.

The only thing I'd like changed so far is that you should be able to drop multiple pins on the map, w/ notes, so I can track where elites I've come across but not defeated yet are.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I been saving bonus xp since I'm already hella over levelled bc I explore too much I think.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think I don't understand something about chain attacks bc I can't seem to do more than 3, and whenever I get "second chance" reactivations it's usually only one Homie. Any tips? Pro tips? Wikigods?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol consul K is a real ham.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't wait to unlock more classes, craft more gems and learn more skills.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This game is a tough commuting game. Spent my entire trip watching cutscenes Lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The switch version of FFXII is awesome, that's how I first played it and had a blast

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Love the casual reveal in the opening cutscenes if ch 3 that the commander's are also Mecha pilots controlling robots the size of mountains

It's gonna take me a year to finish this game lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

being led to believe that sena is the girl with the gall

Many people are saying this.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I will be sidequesting in chapter 3 until the leaves turn..it's so chill. I really like the incidental dialogue that you can revisit with your party members at rest spots. Big "shooting the poo poo at June's" vibes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Spent all day at work daydreaming about possible endgame Mwamba builds.

Lol