Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I've got a month until my poo poo is fully evac'd - thank god for asset safety

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Don't see why we would direct people to play with a group this dead comedy forum's not affiliated with anymore

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Solus posted:

Update: I have been blacklisted from GSF lmao

imagine Cryo becoming persons undesirable in The Imperium and yet The Mittani and Innominate are not. There's a loving easy win here TheAdj/Merk/whoever takes over the alliance/coalition: Kick The Mittani/Innominate and their alts in game; ban them from all services once they have handed their out of game roles over and then permanently put them on the blacklist with zero chance of removal. That would at least prove that The Imperium is willing to break with the past

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Mederlock posted:

I wonder if they're leaving that move to whichever sucker ends up "in the big chair". I hope it's coming as the first set of big sweeping moves the new alliance leader makes.

I mean, it might be the only thing we would take as their word that the ~big sweeping changes~ are actually that and not just a distraction until this all blows over

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I don't want to come back now. I'd like the option to come back in the future if it was offered to me

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

SHISHKABOB posted:

To be fair, that was for the pubbies. I don't remember (TrueTM) goons ever being required to click paps.

I mean, I still did because I liked flying spaceships and shooting other people even though all I had to do was log into jabber, mumble and contribute to a zor chain once a month

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Feliday Melody posted:

This is the latest Waffe info.

We don't loving care

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Feliday Melody posted:

Do not take this out on me.

Well stop posting updates then! It's quite easy when you think about it!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Feliday Melody posted:

I will keep posting information as long as people keep speculating on that information. Kindly, just block me if you do not want to read it.

Or just not post it here, on a comedy forum that has no affiliation to the Groomwaffe or Groomswarm any more. That's actually loving easier

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

TheWeedNumber posted:

Nah fam skip that poo poo and JOIN GOOSEFLEET TODAY

does GOOSEFLEET really want someone that's obviously carrying water for 4chanswarm?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

TheWeedNumber posted:

Feliday Monday isn’t carrying their water though? They seem to be a well meaning if misguided pubbie turned goon by default.

I think spraying TheAdj's every update in here counts as carrying their loving water

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Solus posted:

Lol @ them cancelling fireside’s forever

are you serious?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

raminasi posted:

"Indefinitely," which tbf is pretty consistent with theadj not wanting to actually be or act like a space emperor. Who knows what the new leader will do.

translation = we asked Merkelchen to at least take over running GSF and he told us to go gently caress ourselves

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

tbf, Merk is legit on holiday right now but from what I can gleam from him on stream, he's perfectly happy to be chief diplo and corp ceo. Though he does need to crack down on some of the right wing dipshits in his corp

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Cenodoxus posted:

Every time I touch anything industry-adjacent in this game I think "drat, why isn't there an app for this" and then I black out and wake up four hours later staring at a new project in VSCode reevaluating my life choices

Today's is PI

I had five characters doing six planets before I left Delve, but once you've got a setup going it's just a case of running out to collect your goods. Of course, if *things* hadn't happened, I'd be running six planets on eight characters to provide all of the required PI for dreads, carriers and faxes :negative:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I mean, it's pretty easy. In Asher's first meeting with all of the alliance corp directors and sub-directors he should simply say "in seven days I'm kicking Mittani from this alliance, banning him from services and blacklisting him. If any of you or your members have an issue with that, you know where the door is. Oh and anyone that wailed and gnashed about a cancel culture woke mob has seven days to get out as well"

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Globby did make a good post about improving the lovely Dynamic Bounty System/ESS, so there is that

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

andromache posted:

It was bullet 1 in the 4 point list I posted when I was asked by the directorate what the hell ya’ll even wanted at this point.

I think someone had a 4 point list a few pages back that was pretty close to what I sent over. Can’t remember the exact verbiage but it was something like ban mittens, apologize, unban whistleblowers, and publicly flay attack helicopters and blm are terrorists people.

Yeah, that was me

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I mean, it's pretty easy. In Asher's first meeting with all of the alliance corp directors and sub-directors he should simply say "in seven days I'm kicking Mittani from this alliance, banning him from services and blacklisting him. If any of you or your members have an issue with that, you know where the door is. Oh and anyone that wailed and gnashed about a cancel culture woke mob has seven days to get out as well"

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

GSF is not recruiting from here, so they don't need a thread on this dead comedy forum

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

The goodness is that all of my poo poo from Delve was finally delivered to asset safety. The bad news is I have 8million m3 of poo poo I need to either sell, ship to Jita or bin

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

All my alts were kicked, my main was put on role cooldown and I was removed from services the day after Mittani "stepped down". Even Atrum didn't think my three posts on GSF were kick worthy, so stop with this "no-one was kicked" bullshit because people were

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

It's perfectly fine to say "we won't be issuing a public pardon for those people we kicked out of the alliance for pointing out the enabling and rotten culture that exists in the alliance, because if we do, we'll be acknowledging that everything they said is true and we can't give our enemies propaganda. Also, we haven't even fixed the issues they raised, so what's the actual point?"

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Rust Martialis posted:

So the answer is: if you want unbanned you have to talk to Asher. There's no blanket unbanning coming.

If you don't want unbanned, or if you refuse to talk to Asher, same outcome I guess. e.g.. dragonshardz

so you're basically admitting that nothing has changed in GSF, and it's still a rotten org from top to bottom? Thanks for the confirmation!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

"GSF did nothing wrong, so we have no reason to pardon all of the people who pointed out the many things which were very wrong in the alliance, as they didn't happen. Case closed"

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Again, just confirming that nothing inside GSF has changed, or can admit that they made mistakes, or they did anything wrong. The mask isn't just off, but has launched into the sun

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

calling out the enabling leadership that allowed a sex pest to shield a paedophile for years to metagame both CCP and our videogame enemies and demanding a complete cultural overhaul to make the alliance a better place for all members: you are an enemy of the state, please speak to Asher about forgiveness

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I've spent so long in null, that I forgot that gatecamps of smartbombing battleships could be a thing in lowsec

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Within five minutes of getting my Nyx out of asset safety and up on a contract, it gone

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Bigbillthaboss posted:

Would you mind providing some additional details or insight on how I could better improve my EVE Online posts and reinforce the comedic attributes for future reference?

Never posting again would be a good start

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Stuff would only go to asset safety if the structure was destroyed IIRC, if the structure is still alive the asset will still be there but you have no way of getting it out if you're neutral to whoever owns it

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

entosising was only fun when we chasing PAPI out of Delve last year, and nuking iHubs and TCUs while they were trying to evac and fights were popping off everywhere. But when I was on the GEF deployment, I did about seven hours of toasting in Feythabolis and it was loving soul-crushing: get given target system, run around the constellation waiting for nodes to spawn, find a node then run the warm-up on the toaster, then sit there for up to 60 minutes to hack the node

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Most alliances rob their own ESS banks, while when I was still in goons I saw about 1.5b looted from the main bank in the home system in Delve in a legit robbery, I just carried on ratting

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I'm attempting to build a jump freighter to finish off my extraction from Delve and all I can say is: I need an altcorp to sort out the immense amounts of poo poo needed

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Lol just use nofu or something before you drop corp.

You can't get a freighter in our hole anyway.

I'd already got 10 trips worth of stuff out, then my main and all of my alts were booted overnight before I could get the rest of it out

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

But Agrikk should read this

Rust Martialis posted:

Turned out the 'discredited' stories about Xenuria doing inappropriate stuff turned out to be basically correct. Also that Mittani knew they were true, and that when players found out about both Xenuria and how it was covered up, started raising justified hell about the whole stinking mess. Mittani also said some pretty bad poo poo about a player reporting harrassment, which was part of it.

It hit a boiling point, a bunch of angry players got blacklisted for their actions in protest, until something seems to have snapped in Illum and Mittani stood down as Goonswarm and Imperium CEO. Xenuria also got blacklisted and banned. TheAdj and xttz were put in place as interim GS and Alliance CEO. Innominate also retired as IT head as part of the changes. The formal link where GoonSwarm is an SA-linked corporation is gone. It is now just a membercorp in the Alliance. Being an SA member has no more automatic privileges, etc.

Asher Elias was eventually chosen to be new Alliance CEO.

A number of posters here were banned or quit and have formed a new Eve Online corp that is using some meme content from the Eve Echoes mobile game where the SA crew go under 'GooseFleet' due to early drama in the game where pubbies snatched 'GoonFleet'. Honk Honk, etc.

There is quite some lingering anger here that some banned posters were proved right but are not being unbanned, others feel not enough has been done, etc. Imperium leadership has indicated no blanket unbanning will happen, and that has been a source of more unhappiness in the thread. Disagreement about if particular protest actions merited blacklisting are one focus - some bans (before Mittani stepped down) seem to have been pretty knee-jeek and questionable - Mittani commissaring justified dissent.

Plus Globby wanders in now and then to inform posters how they're playing Eve wrong which stirs the poo poo up every time since he's still in GSF.

Is that a reasonable neutral-ish summary? What did I miss?

Before making an informed choice

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Rust Martialis posted:

I re-read my summary and it's actually not very even-handed, I can see I've left out any mention of the declared intent to fix the complaints process in Imperium, etc. It's pretty much a polite rant taking the side of the people who got banned mostly.

I *meant* to be more even-handed - I don't feel I have a particular axe to grind. I will update it, not trying to whitewash anything but in the interest of being more complete and accurate I should add some of that stuff, and incorporate additional comments from you all, including Deadtear.

GSF have been told that if they want to recruit from the forums, they should start their own thread in PGS, but at the same time it should include a laundry list of everything that's been aired in the last two months so people can make an informed choice

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Feliday Melody posted:

Fireside gist of things

Dunno why you're posting this garbage here, when GSF has cut all ties with this dead comedy forum so stop posting this garbage. We don't loving care

ShaneMacGowansTeeth fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Aug 21, 2022

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Not An Arsonist posted:

Because this is not the GANDR PGS thread, but the general Eve thread, for all Eve related bullshit. I do not recall seeing anywhere in the opening of this thread where we are gatekeeping and "No posting about Goonswarm" is an enforceable rule. There are people here interested in seeing these things, despite what narrative you and any other of Goosefleets members want to try and run with.

TheAdj and Asher have made it clear this dead forum has nothing to do with Nonceswarm, so yeah, you can gently caress right off with that. If you want to talk about GSF, make a thread in PGS

ShaneMacGowansTeeth fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Aug 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I dunno, GSF members coming here saying everything is fine & making vague recruitment posts while people who wanted change in the alliance were airlocked with no amnesty is more offensive and *might* just rile them up. FYI