Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.
First thread OP I ever make on SA makes it to the goldmine. I can never make another thread and ruin my 100% success rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

CainFortea posted:

Thanks fam.

Anyway this is amokedotte in a nutshell.

Point of order, Isabella apparently hasn’t been in Amok since 2017. She’s been in Thunderwaffe since then. I made the same assumption and ate an rear end chewing for it.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Goonswarm Federation has heard the request that we retire the fatbee and all associated bee paraphenalia.

Effective immediately, I present the new, newbee:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

andromache fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jul 18, 2022

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Warning, the more often you read this, the madder you get.

https://www.pcgamer.com/eve-onlines-most-notorious-player-has-quit-the-game/

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Feliday Melody posted:

I haven't seen any updates from Atrum when it comes to reversing bans, but the last response I saw was that if they reverse any bans, then the individual has to apply for it. No proxies or anything.

I was working on it, but then Locke Erasmus had to go and edit in zxmagus's timeline on his venerable PvE ratting thread on his way out the door.

Now illum is looking for delta sleeper agents and my effort to try to get some bullshit bans (deadtear, a couple people that posted only in helldump) is ruined by nerds who have to poo poo on the carpet on their way out the door.

So at this point all I'm going to do is if a specific person wants to appeal their ban, just message me on discord, and I'll get you in contact with theadj or klavas and we can work the appeal. Otherwise I'm not wasting more effort on people bent on self-sabotage.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

don't know how you can hate him after he made the best post in this thread

so good the mods preserved it in his rap sheet

I been living rent free in Dozer's head since the last thread where his every other post was spamming my name. You see, it's in Dozer's nature to gently caress goons, and unfortunately to my great chagrin I was involved in giving him a second chance in GSF the last 3 or 4 times he was there... or as he so eloquently put it a few pages back... when I was carrying water for him.

I'm glad Dozer found a group of people to play this dying game with - I just have zero desire to be one of them again. And I'd love to be wrong - that in a few weeks or months we aren't sitting here riveted by the latest Dozer Done Dozed, Again story, but given how he's been carrying on about me like the bitterest of bitter exes despite me not having directly responding to any of his posts since I told him to leave me alone, it certainly doesn't feel like anything has changed with him.

And yeah, that post was totally worth the 24 hr probe.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

It feels like this is targeted at some of the more egregious behaviors - new player hunting with can flipping or relentlessly making GBS threads on a streamer that someone has decided they don’t like - both of which put the hurt on new player attraction and retention.

Seems like freighter/jump freighter/bowhead/orca popping will still be fine under the “tangible value” phrasing, though how much isk is “tangible” depends very much on the individual. Regardless, whether it’s the isk value or we have a conversation with the GM where “actually we have this tool where we’ve observed player interactions and locations and have a high degree of confidence this is the neutral alt of X, who is a member of Y, which we are currently at war with.”

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Goddamn this thread.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Normal Barbarian posted:

I handed the squad to Dod. We were getting dragged out behind the wood shed, and he was the one person who could keep that from happening. He was also the last person who had been around from the beginning of hole violence, so it wasn't totally without reason. He acknowledged that he messed up, too, later, to me.

It probably didn't look like that from the outside, but that's how it went down.

This was after you and plaid rabbit had your real dumb drama slap fight and both got banned right? Like I don’t even remember the details really other than it triggered the “PVE drama eject all involved” clause.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Normal Barbarian posted:

Nah I'm some other nerd

Too many barbarians.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

psilocybin laden posted:

on the fireside he did the week after, adj was like "part of this whole problem was mittani not knowing how to shut the gently caress up", which is not an admittance of fault or guilt in my book tbh and it's also not a loving apology - keeping misogyny quiet is not the correct outcome, not having it in the first place is the correct outcome, and then there was still no apology (I thought most people's parents taught them as a child to say they're sorry when there's a fuckup, apparently not because getting an apology is like pulling teeth or trying to send a mission to mars)

some people posted in the forum thread that what mittani did wasn't good, but

1. that's a forum thread, that most people will not read or acknowledge, and many who read it will not acknowledge it,
2. it's not a public/coalitionwide sphere, it's a personal opinion on a dead forum called goon fleet dot com,
3. as per number 2, it's not an official stance for the org; unless it comes out on an official channel it does not matter - and it must be from the heads of the alliance, adj, now asher, or anyone else of significant importance

Like who? You guys ran off everyone of note in GSF other than like me, bill, and occasionally a wild xttz appearance. Seems like Asher’s play is to just do poo poo better and get back to playing eve. Let his actions speak for themselves and if that’s of interest to people ITT they can give it a try.

If someone got banned and wants to give GSF a try again they can reach out to our new exec either via PM on these forums, or I can get you hooked up with him on discord. GSF is back to shooting spaceships and there’s no appetite for litigating it over.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

TheWeedNumber posted:

Wonder how much poo poo you covered up in the army lol

You got me. There was a guy who exposed his ejaculated penis on an Internet forum without consent to a bunch of people. Probably should have ran that up through UCMJ as I believe he was still in the Navy at the time.

You are the absolute last person on this earth who can give me a lecture on anything, dickhead, and the fact that you are the Gatekeeper of Gooniness for 2022 SA is the most lol, lmao thing in this thread.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Zodium posted:

did you ban Alex yet

I don’t have the ability to do that.

However, if I’m still a full director in Goonwaffe when I do my next quarterly activity purge I’m kicking all his characters.

60 days with no posts, no jabber, no mumble. Them’s the rules. I think we are at 17 days now.

There are only two characters exempt from this rule and their owners are both dead.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

atrum i still like you idc but you do realize you're carrying water for this poo poo right? step out and read like a someone not a director also you and dozer are both dumb as hell stop this slapfight and remember the combined service motto: gently caress the af

I mostly just want to post on this thread without dozer leaping out of the trunk like That Scene from The Hangover (appropriate on several levels).

I ignored his rear end for two weeks but if he wants to be a bitter ex because someone’s not interested in carrying water for him anymore what am I supposed to do? Hit the report button and whine to Kaysette?

Also we need to find a new terrible game to play together. Life is Feudal was terrible and fun. New World with delta came close but it only took us a month to realize how bad that was.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Zodium posted:

are you pushing the people who can ban Alex to do so?

It was bullet 1 in the 4 point list I posted when I was asked by the directorate what the hell ya’ll even wanted at this point.

I think someone had a 4 point list a few pages back that was pretty close to what I sent over. Can’t remember the exact verbiage but it was something like ban mittens, apologize, unban whistleblowers, and publicly flay attack helicopters and blm are terrorists people.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

That Works posted:

Lol directorate now all "you want me on that wall... You need me on that wall... To benignly remove the most toxic person in our community if they don't follow a bureaucratic process over the next 60 days"

Profiles in loving moral courage I tell ya.

Dude I don't know why I'm bothering to explain this to you since you've clearly got some preordered and presharpened axe that's done been ground, but come on. The Former Emperor of Goon Space FOR THE PAST TWELVE YEARS being quietly shuffled from the corporation by properly signed, sealed, and stamped space bureacracy is some of the funniest poo poo ever.

"Oh, how did he go? Did someone rage out and ban him in a fit of pique like he did to deadtear?"

"No, he failed to meet minimum activity requirements and Atrum purged him."

That's some salt on the salad I'm making. Just need another 43 days.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

That Works posted:

I don't either. Maybe next time you can do the right thing without waiting 43 days?

Oh you mean that banning thing that like 5 people in the alliance can do and I'm not one of them? Yeah, can't do that, I don't make those calls.

What I can do is enforce the pre-existing space bureacracy that the Former Emperor built, and using that to just quietly and impersonally shuffle him off no fuss is very, very funny to me.

ded posted:

atrum is that guy at the dmv who invents problems with your registration to keep from getting bored. he doesn't actually care he just wants to gently caress with ~everyone~

You aren't wrong.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Rhymenoserous posted:

The point here is that it’s literally the simplest and easiest gesture they can make and nobody has bothered.

There’s a couple of reasons to not just do it: no one can be bothered, which means the afk directorate who doesn’t address issues problem is still in play. The second is no one gives a poo poo, which lol, that’s a problem. The Third is that nobody wants to wah wah this is unfair to dear leader. I won’t bother expanding on why that one is the worst look.

Or four, everyone else thinks my plan is funny af and you are a big ole fun blanket, smothering all the fun.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Rust Martialis posted:

I can maybe ask Tuzy?

Subdirector is GSOL slang for dude who has been space trucking long enough to be trusted with some more complicated/riskier tasks.

They aren’t in illum and no one outside of GSOL really knows/cares who they are.

Guy is an older Eastern European who escaped from ~the commies~ (Ie trauma) and has some of that Clint Eastwood old man fear that the kids are going to make the country communist liberal pussies.

So he has on three occasions donned his old eastern euro track suit and raged war on the libs (two corp mails and his epic SA post where he demanded ya’ll apologize to him (come on guys, that poo poo was funny)).

He was told in no uncertain terms to muzzle his poo poo or he’d be removed and afaik he has done so.

Main thing to take away here is ya’ll aren’t the only ones with traumatic experiences shaping your world view so maybe chill a bit on the whole “everyone who disagrees with me is a piece of poo poo.”

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Potato Salad posted:

please think of the trauma histories of the quiet-part-loud homophobes who repeatedly publicly get away with it :reddit:

if the people who keep having to shoulder the fallout of homophobia can just shoulder this one more, that would be great, because that's easier than upsetti the spaghetti of the ~culturally homophobic eastern europeans~ which is itself totally not a massive loving can of worms of an excuse into itself

Point is he was disciplined for his takes. You may not agree that it was far enough but it happened and was addressed. The proof in the pudding being no additional material appearing from him anywhere for ya’ll to litigate.

So system is working. But feel free to continue arguing that a tree never fell in the woods because you personally weren’t there to witness it.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

psilocybin laden posted:

we should simply shoot isabella

Finally a cause I can wholeheartedly support.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

CainFortea posted:

Do you know who your new AV is?

Anders is a shitbird. Really hope the new DA won’t suck!

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

xtothez posted:

Anyone genuinely interested in returning only needs to say so, absolutely no begging required. It's literally just a case of:

a) I expect Asher will want a quick chat with some folks to get their side of things.
b) Not wanting to review everyone's case when most of them ain't coming back anyway. No sense in doing space paperwork when it's not required. We don't love bureaucracy as much as people think.

Speak for yourself.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

lol i was banned literally seconds after i posted, it was absolutely a rage ban idk what you got told my dude

Can confirm, this was literally mittens last act in illum chat. Which on a scale of 1-10 on epic ways to go out, deadtear broke the scale.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

no joke, one of the major reasons i recused myself from the direkkktorate after less than a year was to eliminate all of the loving space meetings

i can barely tolerate that poo poo when they're paying me to attend

I attend maybe once a month, sometimes less, and I’ll often just leave when things get too grognard (when angry mustache starts talking), so there is certainly nobody taking attendance or requiring you to stay in your seat the entire time.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

please stop getting trolled by bill and globby holy poo poo

I asked in delta why people keep biting on obvious bill bait.

The best answer put forward? "Bill fishes with dynamite."

An apt metaphor for some of the stunned carp itt.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Feliday Melody posted:

Does anyone have an update on the war? After last month, I moved back to delve and have been doing Corp logistics, so I'm a bit out of the loop.

The imperium controls the two constellations into Detorid. PH has moved their entire supercap fleet down to Detorid and promised their guys a “proper war,” but won’t leave Detorid for it. Now that we’ve secured the routes into and out of Detorid, we are burning down all the poo poo behind us that we bypassed, while PH is likely to do gently caress all besides sit in Detorid and spin that somehow into a win.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

DerekSmartymans posted:

My home station is ZMV now, and the other day I asked about re-shipping at the staging station. I’m still flying free frigates. Someone gave me four Rifters that were unfit, which I really appreciate (really appreciate!!!), but this is again foreign to me: how do I fit these Rifters when my market is in 1DQ?

I am familiar with how to import fits and buy a “kit (my word)” individually, and don’t mind spending my cash to kit them out. But I’m nervous about the correct “procedure” to do this. Do I need to ship all four Rifters I assembled to 1DQ and fit each one, then fly fitted ships back to staging? Do I need to basically buy four fittings’ worth of parts and ship all them to ZMV, followed by assembly/fitting them?
I’m not sure of a safe way to do this, besides buying my kits and waiting for a move op to the new station. I don’t own anything but frigates (and one Thrasher), and can’t really afford to buy 14M ISK in parts and a cargo ship of some kind just to fit my (greatly appreciated) new hulls. I have the money to buy stuff, but I can’t really afford to lose it all + a new hauler if someone blew it up in that series of jumps (which has happened with a couple of free t1 vigils over the last week or two).

I don’t mind them getting destroyed on a fleet action, and I’m fully ready to buy parts and lose Rifters while having fun in a big fight or four…but I really don’t want to lose them all in a slow trucker ship while moving alone. Some days I have hours of play but no move ops, and other days I’m aware of move ops in advance but can’t log on because of RL time conflicts. 95% of my in-game time is spent in PVP fleets late-night US, so I don’t exactly have money faucets like PI, or even own a salvaging or mining ship of any kind. I haven’t had to worry because I have isk available from many generous goons, but because I’m happily learning the game while flying fitted handouts, I wouldn’t feel good losing stuff simply because I didn’t ask first about a newbee issue.

I don’t mind paying a dedicated hauler, either, but thought that was mainly a “buy stuff from Jita” solution. If there is a good source online for a space trucking DIY, or tips for doing this, I would like to get it done in the next few days…but if the best answer is simply “do best to log on ready to go on a scheduled move op” I’ll be happy, too. I just figured I’d ask before doing something dumb and losing donated gear because of my chaotic scheduling from one day to the next!

As an aside, the person who gave me the Rifters also gave me like ten Caldari shuttles (to fly safer between Delve and Tenerifis because he saw me moving in a naked clone+corvette) but they’re not exactly large cargo movers. Still much better than autopiloting in a capsule, which I thought was just a normal running-between-systems mode because rats on gates kept destroying my corvettes. Links/videos/advice are all welcome!

PM me your eve character. Or post it here if you can't PM. Whatever you are more character with.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

DerekSmartymans posted:

PM sent. Thanks!

Of course, any advice itt still accepted! I really am having fun with Eve and getting blown up for missing the titan jump bridge (what? I don’t see “titan” anywhere on my overview!!! Lol), then navigating back to the fleet was like my whole first month as Omega 🤩

Isk sent. Use it to fly ships that are reimbursable in the affordablecare app, and take advantage of Goonwaffe's double SRP.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

There are 70something member corps in GSF. They all use the same ESI tool. Admins like Maneck can review ESI compliance for everyone in the goonwaffe group, but can’t, for example, see Karmafleet.

Hence the screenshots. The ESI tool was designed primarily for counter intel and recruiting is secondary. Hence the screenshots.

There are other tools out there like SEAT that could be used specifically for recruiting but it’s never been that big of a deal for waffe.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

corgski posted:

That doesn't make sense? If you're processing auth you should have the scopes needed in whatever your custom dashboard is to see other people's token status. If you don't then lmao, I'm sorry. I could ask Solo how that's broken for you since he's flying with us now.

(I will not ask solo, dude deserves his retirement.)

E:

Oh wow, someone who auths and then their token stops updating once they're told they're clear is a pretty clear pointer to "novice spy" - I caught someone who did that already. "Is the token up to date" isn't exactly privileged information that needs to be protected, and combined with other information scraped from ESI it can be the difference between "idiot" and "probable spy" when making the decision to even recruit someone in the first place.

Most months when I do metrics, I see who is out of esi compliance. I send them a pm giving them 48 hours to fix their poo poo or kick. They never read the PM so usually a kick. Someone who I have to repeatedly tell to keep their poo poo fixed I just start kicking until they do better. Given the only penalty is wait 7 days for wardec cooldown then reapply it’s a pretty low effort way to resolve whether it’s a spy or a stupid.

This is in addition to my quarterly purge of non-posters/non jabber/non mumble

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Well I know the new "bee keeper" org is up and running because I just got my first complaint against my posting.

In case you were wondering, I'm fine, but the war against eagle-eyed uber krabs continues uninterrupted.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

raminasi posted:

what was the post

So we recently acquired this corp, War Eagle Fleet, who did a speed run through Frat and quit/was kicked for "cultural issues." Then they joined us. They have this finance director, Zhazi, who is basically the krabbiest krab to ever krab. Imagine a dumbed down angry mustache. Anyway, his dumbass evidentally got snagged in a buy order trap.

Aside: A buy order order trap is where you take an item that's worth normally, let's say, 1mil isk, and you put up a buy order for... let's say... 250,000. Then you list 3 items for sale at 250,100. The mouse-wheel / macro / botting piece of poo poo that auto-slides his units to be the lowest price will go for one unit lower, thus dumping to the buy order. Clearly you only have to have more units land to your buy order than you list at cheap sell to make a profit. I guess this makes a profit because it's not unusual to see.

Anyway, our intrepid krabernaut apparently stumbled rear end over teakettle into one or more of these traps, and posted in the market policy thread asking if buy order traps were goonfucking. Which clearly the answer is no because anyone buying modules to fit ships to fight in space is getting the cheapest modules possible, so I tell him so.

He then proceeds to repeat the question with slightly different phrasing like I'm dumb and didn't understand the question. I start digging into the guy, asking some questions. Firstly, I notice that he's authored like 10 threads in S-Mart, all for various krab services, including a lovely buyback service. Secondly, I hear he's also the guy who either stupidly or criminally attempted to purchase steeply discounted citadel cores from the FC of papi bashing fleets. Thirdly, a lot of people were like "gently caress that guy."

So at this point I realize I'm dealing with an uber krab attempting to rules lawyer his way into a favorable situation for himself. I proceed to go full off the top rope Atrum where I agressively aggress him in a forceful nonconsensual posting manner. Because that's generally the only way to shut down these turbo krabs. If I'm nice and reasonable they just hatch their next goonfucking scheme. However, if I rip his head off and poop in the hole, he will not ask another question.

Then Zhazi's CEO enters the thread. I top rope onto him too, and the rest of the thread lurkers pile in with the whole SA "lurk more" bit which is funny af coming from SNOOO and ASCEE duders. Then Klavas comes in and tells everyone to stfu.

The post I was reported to the bee keepers for?

quote:

I explained it to you perfectly reasonably the first time.

You proceeded to cause me to repeat myself with smaller words and a more forceful tone. You know, like you do with toddlers and the mentally challenged. Do we need to continue, or is any part still unclear?

Peak passive aggressive rules lawyering. So I talk to a bee keeper for like 30 min, it gets filed under the "saying mean things to me on the internet is not harassment" and just... lol. Anyway hope you enjoyed storytime.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

The funny part is while I was writing that post my 4yr old daughter was in the midst of her 4th or 5th rephrasing of a question that basically boiled down to “can I have ice cream?” Hence the leading with the toddler part. But then I was like “why well he could just be stupid” so added the second bit.

Key difference between what you and I are doing learnincurve. I’m not “teaching” anything. I’m making it clear shithouse lawyering has no place in the policy thread. If I calmly and clearly respond as an adult, they just hatch another bullshit scheme.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I mean there is no link between this forum and nonceswarm, so an asher fireside is as relevant as a gobbins townhall. Though seeing groomswarm eating poo poo and having to run back to delve will never not be funny

Dude we get it. You got done dirty by theadj. But goddamn you gotta let this bitter ex poo poo go. It ain’t healthy.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Apparently diplos are doing something. It better be giving init. 7 days to gtfo/apply to other corps and blacklisting everyone on the fort kill.

It's probably just getting a cut and/or arranging a suitable cover story to do nothing.

As far as I’m aware, when bastion sold the structures to init, they didn’t require a no piñata clause. Imagine being politically outsmarted by Brave.

So legal? Yes. Kinda lovely? Yes.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Potato Salad posted:

what would be the reason to gag the fortizar loot pinata thing?

"yeah you got hosed, but we'd rather not do anything about it, shut up?"

If you want the "actual" source of the rule, it was the set of callout threads that started the entire mess in the last eve thread... you know... where mcwolf called out a dude, and then that dude made his own callout thread saying all of us would be mentioned in his suicide note or w/e.

That's when the forum admins implemented a no callout rule.

I know I interpreted a "no callout" rule as no individual callouts, not like... an alliance or alliance leadership, but I guess the forum admins interpret it differently.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Dalael posted:

I think you guys need to get on the same page

I'm currently somewhere near or at the bottom of one of my eve activity slumps. Anytime I get active in eve (the last war, the why did delta do this drama) I take a similar amount of time off where my engagement in the game is limited to handling reimbursement slapfights, dunking on market relisters, and posting on Space Gen-X twitter (this thread).

Something will come along at some point to peak my interest in eve again, but it's certainly not going to be the literally years of loathing between Init and Bastion boiling over in a somewhat predictable and infantile manner. Frankly I'm surprised it wasn't something more.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

PhilippAchtel posted:

Things everyone knows about but no one wants to address simmering below the surface for years only to explode predictably seems to be something of a pattern.

Better probate the people who try to discuss those things...

There is absolutely nothing good that can come out of letting line members "real talk" on GSF services (which Init can also read) while the alliance execs and diplos are talking through it with them. Actually a lot of harm can come from random person popping their mouth off.

I don't disagree with the decision to shut down the thread, though I would have explained why, wouldn't have r/o'd anyone, and promised a more comprehensive response. But maybe we'll get that at the weekend's fireside or kremlin meetings. Definitely worth bringing up there.

The second / third order of effect question that I don't see any of you asking is how loving broke is Init? The bad blood between Init and Bastion probably led to the hatching of the plan and the DO NOT USE tagging of the structures however many months ago, but I'd like to believe Shines was aware this wouldn't go over well. Which implies an underlying root cause like they are poor as gently caress, need the cash, and that led to coming up with this quick rich scheme.

Or I've been playing Eve too long and I'm tainted with the Sir Molle, Shadoo, Vince Draken, Mittens, xxDeathxx plans within plans machiavellian poo poo and Shines is just an Overwatch loot box chaser like progodlegend and I'm completely overthinking it.

andromache fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Sep 17, 2022

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

PhilippAchtel posted:

Look, I'm going to "real talk" you here because I actually don't hate GSF or want to see it fail. Actually, I'd really like to see it get its act together.

The reason that thread was handled the way it was is due to a culture of secrecy and suppression that your leadership has fostered over years. If you think that should change, as I do, you need to work on that with whatever levers of influence are at your disposal.

I hope you do, and maybe GSF will be a very different duck in a year (lol EvE won't exist in a year), but the leadership really needs to approach this from a more humble, heads on direction rather than the obfuscation and excuses I've seen in this and the previous thread.

Good luck, friend!

I don't expect you to know this unless you've done coalition level diplo work, but diplomatic poo poo that's not a direct exec to exec conversation is usually weeks and months... not hours and days. So based on the killmail date to the AAD post date, my guess is that CD was very much in the "what the gently caress just happened, gather the facts" phase of things. Given that I've seen variations of this poo poo play out multiple times in my 11 years in illum, I'm going to say that a diplo or admin saw some leaders of Init in the "X Users are Reading this Topic" at the bottom of the thread, and shut that fucker down before some poo poo was said by random line member that caused some damage that couldn't be undone. Probably a smart move, given it wouldn't be the first time that some bill/globby/cryo/troll post actually managed to get under the skin of a space important person, hurt their ego, and complicated the hard work of resolving the problem. Pure speculation on my part, but I've been diplo adjacent long enough to know the playbook, and how autocrats act (cough wibla cough).

I've been out all week with one of those sinus infections that have so much pressure you've just got like tears nonstop. Didn't check anything eve-ish until late Thursday or Friday and saw the posts. So calling me an "authority" figure in this instance is a stretch. I have a lot of experience, but everything back to whenever I made that legal but lovely post is just me. Sometimes I've thought about adding a personal opinion disclaimer, but just like Dalael's thing is to copy and paste unattributed reddit posts to snag stupids for laughs, I guess mine is posting my opinions and people losing their minds because somehow I'm the alliance or coalition spokesman instead of just another distinguished poo poo-tier graduate of never not posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Dalael posted:

I think you mean Dalmuti. All my terrible posts are my own, thank you very much

Oh... you uh... actually put your own thoughts behind some of those? wow.