Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

orange juche posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl2w_EHt3ug

Garr khan did nothing wrong

god i miss that iteration of Hole Squad, loving Garr Khan creating a corp of pubbies and then fleecing them for everything they owned, locking them out of their own tower, and then getting Hole Squad to drop on the mercs his victims hired to kill him.

everything about this was lol and iirc this was one of like two times i undocked that bhaal

pls stop making me want to resub :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Stereotype posted:

This game is bad and no one should play it.

I just reinstalled after not playing since 2015:negative:

HONK

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

dragonshardz posted:

tonight in GANDR:

Thanatos and Nestor on scan in the chain. Scout rouses up the flock, we ship into Kikis to go try and kill it while it's running sites. We get, oh, fifteenish total including a Bhaalgorn and some frigate logi. Wander down the chain, prep to drop, everyone jumps, the scout warps the fleet to the scan result.

We land in a bubble. A bubble next to very many POS guns. Attached to an online POS, which the Thanatos and Nestor are in.

The scout didn't check for sticks on scan and assumed the Thanatos was running sites.

We killed the bubble, but lost a Sabre in the process.

Was a really nice formup and warp in, 10/10 would honk again deth2caps:black101:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

DerekSmartymans posted:

My favorite so far is my Slasher. I know it’s a t1 frigate (and a handout), but I’ve gotten a lot of practice manually closing (in first person camera view!) and the drat thing is faaaast!

Also, flying Slashers has taught me that losing a ship is no big deal, unlike every single MMO I’ve ever played. Unless you’re carrying 30b in cargo, that is…

zooming in fast as gently caress and locking someone down so that your bros can punch them in the face is legit one of the best feelings in the game and the reason i have interceptors 5 trained

never not go fast

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

saw a golem in the nest and formed up but he was gone before we could do anything, so its impromptu kitchen sink roam time! killed a deimos and a pod, honked in local, and made it back to the nest. Op success:smugdog:

i stopped winning even to hang out with a buncha geese and im regretting nothing

grumplestiltzkin fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Oct 10, 2022

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

with that one kill im suddenly isk positive since restarting:smuggo:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Solus posted:

I’m actually gonna quote the whole thing so you can either be forced to read it or acknowledge the fact you’re blindly defending a situation you know sweet gently caress all about. Either way it might actually help you

He’s wildly correct on points 1, 3, and 4 by the way

lol tldr get dunked on sexpest

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Big McHuge posted:

Yeah we're cool and sometimes we almost kill things.

we're perfectly capable of killing afk unarmed miners, thank you very much:colbert:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

figured i'd post this in here too

grumplestiltzkin posted:

I log in and see that we have a random lowsec connection off the nest. Being terminally addicted to gas huffing, I decide to check it out and spot a smoking nebula, which is a nice lil 150m payday. I bookmark it and warp to it cloaked to check it out since theres a venture on scan and several in local, and find that theres a venture on the site. I bookmark the cloud he's on, and ping about it, we get a couple in fleet, and I hop into a sabre to lock him down. Im cloaked in the ls on the hole in a sabre when i get word geese are on the hole and ready, so i tell them to jump in and fleet warp them. Lessons learned: sabres cannot warp cloaked. gently caress. Decloak and warp myself and land on grid w/the venture. Lesson learned #2: you (still) cant bubble in lowsec. Venture gets way. gently caress.

I figure we might as well get the gas huffed, but since the system is a little spicy and I've got people in coms, I take out the hull tanked bait prospect and a few minutes later the other geese on coms join in ventures. I get about 1500m3 down when a nemesis decloaks and tackles me. Geese warp out and I slap two scrams on the nemesis. A pracifier then decloaks so, like a good lil goose, I spread the scrams around so nobody feels left out. The hull tanked prospect is tanky enough that Kymra and Topli have enough time to go to the nest, reship, and get back. The nemesis dies first, and I just barely go down a moment before the pacifier. I figure, oh well, the hull costs should mean that we're still slightly isk positive because at this point I havent realized purifier!=pacifier.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/104462001/
9k ehp prospect. Tiny sig, decent speed with the AB, and a nice pile of ehp once they make it past the sig tanking. When I went into structure they literally asked me to die faster in local. Did its job perfectly, 10/10 will bait again.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/104461988/
Oh hey, thats about the same as the prospect, nice, we're already isk positi-

https://zkillboard.com/kill/104462003/
:eyepop: 567m pacifier dead, 243m dropped, 100% of that loot scooped.

ALWAYS BE HONKING:honk:

flying with geese is confirmed fun as hell:honk:

grumplestiltzkin fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Nov 6, 2022

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

had:smugdog:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

tried to roam through delve thinking for sure we'd get shot at, but apparently gsf only shoots bubbles after the scary t1 cruiser fleet leaves smdh:honk:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

hosed up if true

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

10/10 would :honk: again

Thankfully I already had amarr bs 5 and t2 large lasers in the skillqueue, can't wait to welp my first faction bs in a few months:science:

V
E
R
T
I
C
A
L

S
H
I
P

S
U
P
R
E
M
A
C
Y

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

vertical ships are cringe. this post made by the pancake/triangle alliance. because tracking is also cringe

:wrong:
And just like that, the first goose schism begins

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Rudeboy Detective posted:

this webforum claims to be goons but karmafleet is excluded from your list of goon corporations?

its almost like goon originally referred to a member of this very forum and then made its way to eve from here or something

weird

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

A goose found a synde gang running a site in a c5

So we did the only reasonable thing we could do: dock up and get safe grab a couple bombers and annoy the poo poo out of them:honk: We got several good bomb hits off on them but werent able to get any kills, but we did manage to kill their MTU and pop the drifter wreck before they could loot it. They were not thrilled

If youre not subbed and still enough of an eve addict to be reading this thread, consider coming to live in wormholes with a bunch of terrible geese:shobon:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

DerekSmartymans posted:

Ok, that makes me feel better…that was my process before asking anyway. Am I right that you can get two cans before they drop on grid?

Having a lot of fun huffing gas with my alt, btw…I’ve done three Cobra Nebulas that popped up in Delve in the last two nights and since E-Uni said there were no pirate spawns I got all of all three in a Gas Harvesting V Venture. That stuff sells well in 1DQ, too, so that was a nice bonus!

gas harvesting only increases the number of scoops you can put on a ship. no reason to have it trained past 2 if youre using frigs lol

wh gas harvesting is some of the best isk:effort in the game and required very little sp investment and i love it.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Kaysette posted:

I t2 Jedi huff so that when I gently caress up I don’t lose much

not trying to bling out my huffer

Just stay more than 125km away from instrumental rats and they will never hit you. When jedi-ing those i set up perches 160km+ from the edge of the cloud above, below, towards and away from the sun so that there's good warpins for others to join or for me to get back into it after dropping off gas. If you can maintain 2700m/s cap stable they'll never get within range of you.

My current set of syndis has huffed close to, if not over, 10b at this point and it's made me so lazy that I've stopped checking dscan because lol so what if I lose em:homebrew:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

learnincurve posted:

4 days, the dude forgot to install sov for 4 days after someone else cleared out the system, allowing larry to stumble into it, and then had the balls to be outraged about it.

Honking at these chucklefucks in local is encoraged.

:bighonk:

ALWAYS
HONK
IN
LOCAL

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

everything about this just keeps getting funnier and i love it

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

So apparently DSA doesnt want to mess with less than 20 geese, which really sucks because it would have been a great fight.

azbel repair timer went off without a hitch tho so op success:sun:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

I'd like to send a big thank you to DSA for somehow being less competent at the game than a bunch of stupid geese

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

The best part was when they warped to the undock, watched the marauders undock, said "lol nope" and warped off, picked up 2 more t1 BSes, and then warped to the exact same spot. I also choose to believe that when our scorp jammed theirs, the pilot had a tiny lil meltdown at their desk:kimchi:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

learnincurve posted:

yeh about that diplo, one of his opening lines was to demand we didn't use blobs, in our own space.

Real hearts and minds kind of guy that one.

Lol, and potentially even lmao

Fake edit: sources are confirming that, indeed, lmao

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

gonna post my covops fit because lol why not

code:
[Anathema, scanner]

Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Co-Processor II
Overdrive Injector System II

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Scan Acquisition Array I
Scan Pinpointing Array I
Scan Rangefinding Array I

Compact Interdiction Nullifier
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Sisters Expanded Probe Launcher, Sisters Core Scanner Probe

Small Gravity Capacitor Upgrade II
Small Signal Focusing Kit II
i dont run explo sites, this is just a pure wormhole mapping scanner that can also double in a moments notice as a combat scanner. You'll make no money flying it, but you WILL occasionally get to dunk on nerds and really, whats more important than that?

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

:honk::honk::honk:

It's beautiful

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Kaysette posted:

We really need a goose titan killmail :pray:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

captainclaw posted:

Played Eve today. Pinged a corp fleet and ended up in provi with some wide eyed goons looking for a rumble. Instead we honked at the geese and had a guided tour from a paladin.

0 kills for 0 losses and a new relationship between goon and goon is by far my most successful fleet yet

:honk:

Note to self: keep a falcon in provi so I can 3rd party goon roams

grumplestiltzkin fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Feb 5, 2023

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Legit, teaching cute newbies how to blow up spaceships is by far the best part of this game. If you join a group and people get mad at you for asking questions, you joined the wrong group

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Coasterphreak posted:

And another thing is that the average Eve player at this point is north of 30, if you get in a group with a bunch of kids just find somewhere else to go

Honestly 30 is probably a lil younger than the average lol

Actually, I'm curious now but at work and don't have time to look it up, does anyone know if ccp puts out stats for things like that?

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Section 9 posted:

I've been trying to get into Eve on and off with Goonfleet and the pineapple one since like 2005 or so and have bounced off repeatedly. Goosefleet is the first time it has clicked and I'm having fun. Wormhole life rules.

We have the perfect mix of hilarious gimmicks, laid back bittervets who love to help cute newbies, and variety of things to do. Welcome to the flock:honk:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Everything good happens while I'm at work:negative:

All the downsides of being a euro with none of the socialized medicine:smithicide:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

Mittani did some hosed up sex pest poo poo, everyone calling it out got kicked and a handful of others quit in protest, many of them made Goosefleet which is a fun wormhole and null sov corp. The imperium pretended that the mittani retired because of being sick of dealing with things and refuses to acknowledge his wrongdoing in any way to this day.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Hazdoc posted:

hold on goosefloot has sov?

i thought that was against the rules, i need to consult with my space lawyers

A goose can have little a sov, as a treat:honk:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

ShowTime posted:

Is there a good corp to join for someone getting back into the game, though really never played, but wants to learn how to do the small scale stuff with some-what friendly faces? I wanna do small scale fights and eventually move into and maintain a wormhole. I think there is a group for that, but I can't remember their name and not sure if they'd take someone like me.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

BigPaddy posted:

There are lots of great examples of his diplo and leadership skills my personal favorites being:

Sharing a screenshot of 95b in plex he purchased as a threat to CVA that he could find more faction dreads to lose.

Sending abusing Eve mails to Geese line members demanding payment for faction dreads said members were on the KM of.

When it was pointed out one of his members had 1488 units of isotopes that was of the wrong type in the fuel bay of one of the lost faction dreads and how that is a white supremacist symbol claiming that it was just our opinion and an honest mistake/the isotopes were in the fuel bay when it was bought of contracts.

Nearly daily I have people he has reached out to in Provi and try and get them to bandwagon against us come to the diplo channels and ask if we want their help getting rid of him.

i wonder if spamming this at them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyc62g7YQM0
would result in any gm action lol

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

DerekSmartymans posted:

Point taken! I’m still new enough to T2 ships that the SRP process and whispers around the forum (and the “dumbass requesting SRP for his <insert stupid bling + amulets> thread) is still kinda a mystery to me. I’ve lost lots of ships; all but two were free handouts so I didn’t try for reimbursement 🤔

Just lol if you aren't SRPing hard enough that there's an alliance wide ping followed by a reworking/nerf to the srp payouts.

That is and probably will remain the highlight of my eve career:homebrew:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

orange juche posted:

honk motherfuckers

Never not be honking in local. When they honk back, you know you've won the hearts and minds