Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Solus posted:

Hello I am here to begin the process of unearthing skeletons in a whole new thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

He should already be banned by adj or merk or literally anyone with power, there's no excuse not to. gently caress "stability" its a dumb spaceship alliance that has weathered plenty of incredibly stupid poo poo before and it'll be fine or it won't, who fuckin cares. Anyone unwilling to ban him right now is either on his side or has their personal identity tied way too close to goonfleetswarm as an entity and is personally afraid.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

andromache posted:

First thread OP I ever make on SA makes it to the goldmine. I can never make another thread and ruin my 100% success rate.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

DurrHurrHurr posted:

Once knew a guy who claimed that the holocaust was fake because Europe wasn't a real place, so it couldn't have happened.

i actually talked to a guy who made very similar claims as recently as yesterday, who brought it up after claiming my old happybear avatar was a drawing of banjo from banjo and kazooie. deranged.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

yeah, guy is an absolute lunatic. like, banjo? really, deadtear??? googles doesn't even look anything like banjo.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Herstory Begins Now posted:

gonna wake up to angry pms from him on discord for that one

:same:

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

DurrHurrHurr posted:

Yeah it's a relatively recent offshoot of the also-small flat earth movement; the entire Old World is fake and is used in news as propaganda to manipulate American society, keep us all enslaved etc etc. All Europeans on the internet are either bots or FUD actors meant to keep the façade going in the internet era.

I mean they're right, I am a FUD actor working to keep the façade of the "Old World" going in the internet era, in order to manipulate and keep American society enslaved.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

BigPaddy posted:

I, being from Europe, can confirm I do not exist.

americans are unbelievably gullible. imagine believing in an "Old World" with a shoe-shaped country, and another one full of castles where everyone speaks english except weird. a nation of rubes.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Potato Salad posted:

You're The Mittani Now, Dog

:nsavince:

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

xtothez posted:

Perhaps suas is secretly working with mittani in the EVE twist of the decade!

Hey man, I'm taking a break for a few days, but can we not do this? Raytrum's stupid horse post really messed me up and I had to step away before I started posting politics in FYAD or some other form of seeking abuse, and I don't think accusing suas of secretly working with Mittani is a cool joke.

Zodium fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Jul 20, 2022

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

oh lol, xttz is still in?

Weird how the people who are staying in Groomswarm while showing no contrition for their part in building the cult seem to keep casting aspersions on the people who left and did. Probably a coincidence.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

spazzhole posted:

The people who stayed are largely in the gently caress Mittani forever camp and hated him before this went down. I posted a few times basically saying all the ways the Mittani and the alliance have hosed up leading to this and I know some people in illum took it seriously.

I don't know a single person who actually liked the guy who wasn't a complete stooge. There are valid reasons for people staying. Not everyone agrees with the BURN EVERYTHING DOWN mantra. it's not a zero-sum game. The alliance seems to now understand this wasn't just some random flare up that happened over the course of a few days and that it had been silently building for a decade due to systemic problems. One of the first things Adj said publicly was that for the entire time Mittens was executor, Waffe has been treated like second class citizens and were failed by leadership. They know about the organization's role leading to this.

Mittens is gone; the changes I wanted to see are either here or coming. If they don't hold to their word or he comes back, I'm out. But until then I'm seeing how it plays out.

Groomswarm leadership is taking it so seriously that they have yet to so much as verbally disavow Alex, let alone ban him or cut ties with his business. He's not gone. He's just biding his time, and only a chump would believe otherwise.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

Several issues arise with someone holding power for such a long time. When new blood would join GSF. Alex was the only leader and voice they knew. Gone were the squads and the directors became sycophants. Without detractors to keep him honest. His narcissism kept growing larger.

Right. It's not a question of us wanting to burn it down. Raytrum et al. aren't disavowing and banning him because Alex's supporters are so large a proportion of the management and membership that it would fatally compromise the organization's stability, and leave it a hollow shell, which Alex would then light on fire in revenge for disavowing and banning him.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

helperdog posted:

Hi friends,

As many of you may know I am an aspiring barista. All of the CTAs in Big McHuge fleets made me realize that I need more coffee so I can be sharp and bring victory to our great alliance. I have been using my new Breville machine to work on my latte art and I have slowly been progressing, this is my attempt and interpretation of a war goose. I am very self conscious of my work so this is my first time showing it to anyone, I hope you enjoy

:)

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

twigplant posted:

Mittani hasn't logged into jabber for about five days now. How much disavowing is appropriate for someone who hasn't said a word or shown his face since he stepped down?

"Clearly and unequivocally" is the appropriate standard of disavowal to aim for when you find out the leader of your organization for the last decade is a sexual predator who knowingly protected a pedophile.

Then permaban him.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Also bear in mind there's a nonzero chance the deposed leader just... walks away from Eve entirely. Don't underestimate the liberating feeling of being completely freed from any and all responsibility. The longer the absence, the more likely this is to happen.

Of course, I can't guarantee that. The identity part might be stronger than the liberation feeling.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

he did that before and came back as a hailed hero

Yeah, I mean, in the "in my wildest dreams" scenario, Alex just walks away and spends his trust fund on the mountain of therapy he needs, and never reconnects with his cult again, and it just dies out on its own. There's a non-zero probability of that happening. But it's not significantly higher than zero.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

People like Raytrum and xttz casting aspersions can eat poo poo, but if someone wants to hang around until the next time Groomswarm comes under pressure and Alex makes his triumphant return, go akimbo style spoons on that trash can with my blessing.

learnincurve posted:

I think we should focus on mocking on the absolute weapons naming stations as if the Mittani is the victim. Let’s not lose sight of the simple fact that he openly posted the kind of dreadful poo poo in public multiple times that would have got anyone fired in eve or real life.

These people clearly still think he was right, and until they get yeeted out if GS it’s very publicly mocking this new HR group and baiting them as meaningless

lmfao

What are they naming them?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

learnincurve posted:

I'll be honest, the fact that wibla does not have the kind of mind that would immediately make them watch structure names like a hawk, like I would have done, makes me think more of them. :)

I wanna say Wibla is good people, but the last guy I said that about decided it was a good idea to roll into the last thread and cast aspersions on me by comparing FNLN to a horse I was riding to death, then edit in a weird flex about working for Raytheon and the US Army.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

Wibla is good people

I agree, but I'm concerned if I out and out say that, Wibla's next post will be a video of him ripping his face off to reveal a monstrous alien form beyond mortal comprehension.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Citizen Rat posted:

I got them all back within a 6 months of Alex initiating the divorce, but that thank you. I'm fairly certain they don't even remember it but they're pretty easy going. I up and moved countries with them and they handled that upheaval with nary a hiccup.

Yeaaaah. I appreciate the concern, it was just a very alarming set of emails that came out of left field this morning? I had to call Ark because I had 0 idea what was going on and got (part) of the story.

I really don't want to know anything more about it because as far as I am concerned the very last thing I ever want to know about Alex is that he stole his (ex?) girlfriend's grand piano. He doesn't play the piano.

lmao I loving lost it at "He doesn't play the piano."

Zodium posted:

This is not internet spaceships anymore, this is real poo poo. He has built up real capital, real assets and real networks, and I have little doubt he will push them as far as he can.

Did you not anticipate this? He's not gone, he's hiding in the shadows and preparing his return. He has built up real capital, real assets, and real networks. He will use them. You have the power to disavow and ban him for the time, but that won't last, and thinking he'll just go away is like thinking the US Army will stop killing people. Going away quietly is not what Alexander "The Mittani" Gianturco does. :nsa:

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Alex will start by laying groundwork through pulling on his network to downplay and diffuse the details and emotional impact. Then, he'll return as a professor emeritus sort of regular member, just hanging and shooting the poo poo, being a cool guy who's learned his lesson now. Finally, when the organization next comes under pressure, he'll sigh, and ever so reluctantly respond to the membership's growing calls for his triumphant return to leadership.

playbook.txt

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

deadtear is very nice. He has always been to assholes what Edward Norton was to Brad Pitt, and no matter how many feathers he sticks up his butt, he will never be a chicken. :3:

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

FirstnameLastname posted:

I apologize - I'm not intending to cause chaos at all or throw out petty stuff involving real things that hurt people in an attempt to mischaracterize anyone. I'm going to be more careful with what I say because I don't want anything to get out of control and I don't want it to lose focus and turn into a nonsense-fest - I am not used to people listening to what I say and doing things because of it, I've never been in this kind of position, it kind of scares me, and i don't wanna cause bad things or put out stuff that is untrue or violates people's privacy.

Everything that I've posted in either thread, or on Reddit, is all stuff that was obtained through Google or searching these forums, using EVE usernames - I don't want this being seen as some kind of harassment thing so that it gets shut down, because it feels like that's what's going on, not that it's happening but that people are making those kind of attempts here and there -

I'm sorry brisc for calling you out: I was attempting to, and yeah I'm just straight up telling you my plan here, this is the only reason I brought you up at all cheggitout: "okay so I've just found proof that the leader of this organization has been harboring a pedophile for a decade and here is one of his good friends and most publicly known affiliates, and I'm going to tell him straight to his face, in a thread he's just responded to a post by me and is answering other people's questions, because now he has to either respond or the lack of response speaks for itself.
Why? Because it gives you the opportunity to either go oh whoa holy poo poo All right I'm done with him, or dig in and show that it's a loyalty based operation and not a morality-based one. You cannot have both."

I did not think that it would provoke anyone to try to, I don't even know what, like dude I don't know your name I don't even know your real name. I know you're a right wing politics guy, that's it. No one is building up a chart for blood wars or whatever.
Someone trying to gently caress with you in real life never crossed my mind, and I have never been in this situation before, and I hope that wasn't somebody motivated by me. Don't mess with brisc, don't mess with anybody, it's mean.

I never imagined that this would get this degree of attention, I've never been.a kinda unofficial spokesperson to a large amount of people and feel like I've become one when it comes to this issue and real life harassment was the very last thing in my mind when I was saying anything.

Fwiw to give better context, that post was for providing the info about BFM as a request from people earlier in the last thread who hadn't seen enough of it together to see how real it was, incl <SNIGG> leadership, since hey'd asked for stronger connected proof into the allegations

I want to make extra clear that I'm not at all suspecting them of, nor accusing them of intentionally protecting/harboring BFM, he's an extremely deceptive person and the only reason I've been able to establish it's the same guy and that he actually did this stuff is because I was around him before the pedo poo poo

Also a bunch of this post isn't a direct reply to you but is just stuff that I want to clear up while I'm writing this post

that part about mittani saying that piece I went into a tangent on, I don't mean to look like I'm seeing stuff where there isn't, there's an added factor:

I had just before posting that, been shown a second log from March 4, 2011, which was taken as a part of the internal investigation, taken by Vilerat, where mittani and a non-goonfleet member discussed the event with a third party in much, much greater detail while blatantly showing zero concern for the victim, and has him treating the extremely disturbing details discussed in it with a combination of disregard, detail-fishing, and as a joke.

This unposted log is from March 4 2011, the log I posted itt is from Jan 05 2016

I can't post it or go into any greater detail than that publicly out of respect for the victim's privacy and for all of your mental health, but it's no good. I'm willing to send it to you for verification but I'm not going to go into extra detail on it it or to anyone else - it's not illegal content, it's only text, but it's disgusting.

Reading it had me hosed up and my thought process on seeing that clearly disingenuous message by him in that log I'd posted had my thought process short-circuit past the "hey! everyone else does not know this extra info, just me, and I cannot & will not share that part openly!!" step.

Without that added context I see how it reads like I'm making base assumptions off of just those couple messages by him & his patten of other behavior, and then pushing a narrative

i.e automatically assuming he had no concern for the victim without hesitation and then calling it out off of a gut-feeling, or using a terrible thing to fuel spaceship drama as he's claiming his reason for telling people to 'drop it' on her behalf( with no substantiated evidence of her ever communicating that to anybody)

That's not what I do and I don't want to look like I'm doing that because that's trashy.

The focus of that post was on BFM. However coming across that message made me furious at yet another display of carefully triangulated maneuvering on the part of Mittani motivated by his own interest of self-preservation even if those interests happened to line up with the interests of someone who intentionally created an unimaginable amount of hurt, anguish, & fear for a minor in his community

4 years afterwards it'd happened in 2011, Mittani makes jokes about it, then 8 years after it happening,2016. his only concern about it seems to be PR blowback from the situation gaining attention and being followed back to the goonfleet.com forums where much of the abuse occurred and was distributed, involving multiple members, not only BFM -

this is not something that was the norm there, I want to remind people who don't know that I was active in the goonfleet/swarm corp and community de facto from 05-09, 21-22, and have been connected to people in the community the entire time I wasn't in it,
many of my best friends on the internet are people that I met through goonfleet

I'm not trying to start a "they're a pedophile cult" chant: this is not about space politics and never was

I'm really not calling out the base membership at all, I'm not even calling out most of the leadership, I'm calling out a few people who have done some bad stuff and two pedophiles - it's not a thing where after them it'll switch to someone else, it's just them

This was the only eve community I've ever been part of, and I'm absolutely not calling my buddies all criminals

I was trying to add another checked box to the systemic coverups/suppression/counterpropoganda related to any scandal of any kind, which seems to have started around 2012, at fanfest, with a wizard hat, and that style then continued, uncontrolled and unfiltered, and remains as long as the leaders are showing up to host his twitch stream and the organization doesn't have a process of "de-Mittanization" ala Nikita Khrushchev & the USSR: The stuff needs to be put out in the open, it needs to be unequivocally denounced, it needs to be acknowledged to have happened, and then it needs to be left. Remembered, but not there.

Lots of clarifying here, I apologize for how many times I'm having to say that

In every one of these things that has happened:
i'm saying bad poo poo was done by in this instance under ten people, with one being the main instigator, and this one has nothing to do with leadership afaik

I'm not 100% certain on the timeline of this period, but as far as my understanding goes, Vile Rat (rip) was still in the process of gathering the info of the grooming/abuse when he passed, and I believe that's when the handling of this was all disrupted and investigation/evidence collection wasn't able to by completed or delivered to authorities after that - not an intentional coverup. If anyone still has any more of that evidence, it could be extremely helpful.

I don't feel that there was a intentional conspiracy to do or enable BFM to do this stuff.
I don't think that there was an immediate attempt to cover it up, was a combination of events that were out of anyone's control, neglect and selfishness on the part of some, incompetence on the part of others, and the difficulty of connecting all of it when you joined after it'd happened and don't know where to really look or who to ask

afaik the police report made by solo was detailing the images being distributed and did not have the details on the grooming/abuse as they weren't fully unveiled at the time - if anybody has any information on this, I'm not trying to go after the handling of this part, I just am trying to fill in gaps. Any time I'm asking questions, I'm legit asking them, I'm not doing that Fod news guy 'Are YOU a terroris" thing.

i know most members and directors are just people and didn't sign up to an mmo to handle this stuff. It's not their 'job,' and it's a lot of very unsettling, complicated work.

Not trying to go after people who made mistakes, forgot, were tricked, etc. Only the actual bad actors.

Also for the record I have not contacted anyone, at all, about this privately: every single conversation had on this stuff has been initiated by the other party

I haven't asked anyone to contact anyone, outside of official contact channels to spread awareness of this stuff to CCP, Pearl Abyss, INN affiliates and law enforcement if relevant; and I've asked that if people do contact anybody, to be polite. I've never wanted to lead an angry mob around, I'm not trying to, and I'll be much more careful with what I say, because I do not want to unintentionally encourage people to do stuff that hurts and upsets people, that's against everything I stand for

I'm going to be much more careful with what I say because I don't want to instigate the wrong stuff and I'm realizing that some people are listening to what I say seriously and I've never had that kinda platform before and it scares me so please people don't do stuff that annoys folks or scares them. I don't ever wanna instigate that kind of stuff.
his isn't a call for vigilante justice or vengeance or anything like that, and it never has been. Pls be kind, anonymity and anger are a bad mix.

Edit: I'm fuckin mostly. not entirely, talking to you, redditors. I think it's some misguided well-intentioned or selfishly trying to exploit this for "metagaming" advantage and that's one of the things I'm tryna stop

Believe women over spaceship mans. Protect children over spaceship man's. Don't harass over spaceship mans. Don't hide crimes and commit crimes and tolerate racism and sexism and pedophiles and people putting in 18 hour days and clearly killing themselves but gee they keep the structures fueled - think about the person.

you need to put real life first no spaceship kingdom justifies this behavior

I've seen a few who are tryin to run counterspin. not so much here, but j see it on Reddit really hard, it's probably the worst place to discuss this stuff. It's locked down, they autoinvis my posts & comments lol

you know who I mean, but I'm not saying it. y'all talk one way & pretty different on that discord not talkin about leadership, any individual, or the whole group but you guys are fake. as. gets. Please do not inquire as to whom I refer and do not do anything bc watch the harassment will either stop or go up bc it's a small amount of people and I doubt they're from here because it's not a thing this forum is about at all and everyone here knows that lol - Do Not Harass that was the whole point,

I've seen "first they were the victim, now they've become what they hate" - type poo poo WAY too often on Reddit yeah I read reddit it's really bad, neat for obscure interests and stuff tho

Now let's see that pattern of harassment drop off please

:same:

Mittani's cult is a tiny weird little group inside GS. It is not GS. The institutional leadership can't disavow and ban Mittani without severely compromising the organization's stability and causing Alex to burn it down. Because the non-cult leadership are stability-oriented institution builders, they are extremely averse to taking actions that would compromise organizational stability, but if they don't disavow and permaban him while they have the power to do so, they'll learn what happens to pragmatic institution builders when Dear Leader comes back.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

pretty sure that the pubbie line members are super supportive of mittani, guessing by the nearly 400 posts that are commemorating his 'death' meanwhile all the complaints and genuine concern are coming from the leadership or greater citizen class of members.

The pubbies are reward oriented. They don't care about Mittani at all, because they have no idea who he really is, he's just text and images on their screen. What they care about is participating in and benefiting from the well-oiled machine they've been told Mittani was responsible for building. He isn't, and he never was. If the institution builders can stop being naive, become aware of the limitations to their pragmatic instincts, and act to short circuit his playbook by unequivocally disavowing and permabanning him, there's a small chance of righting the ship. But as that PC Gamer article shows, the windows of opportunity are already closing.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

agreed

but i am right :) crazy to see nearly 400 posts of random pubbies supporting the mittani eulogy post

Absolutely. The power of propaganda is terrible to behold up close. :3:

That said, Alex has a mental field of view that extends about ten centimeters in front of him, and only in front of him. He's certainly cunning, but he also has the self-awareness of a small lump of rock, and he will follow the only playbook anyone was stupid enough to teach him. That's all he can do. His lack of self-awareness has always prevented him from understanding other people, which is why he's very easily impressed by people who do or feign to, and why he can't discriminate between the two.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

i've only ever had positive irl interactions with mittani, and as someone who easily made him feel uncomfortable i don't think he's as crazy of a sociopathic mastermind as you think he is.

I'm not sure how you got "sociopathic mastermind" out of my post lol. He's practically the opposite.

Edit: He absolutely is crazy though, and needs mountains of therapy.

Zodium fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Jul 21, 2022

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

i think he's just a dude vov

i think he's a rich spoiled trust fund baby and the fewer than $8000 a year INN makes him is totally irrelevant, considering the costs that GSF infrastructure costs.

Metastasizing GS into real world business is not about money. It's about leveraging GS to build real world networks with real people in the real media, op

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

shut the gently caress up, globby

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

i think, because at least 7 different people of the dirrektorate stated they wouldn't allow mittani to come back (2 of them being posts itt) that he won't come back, and if he did it'd tear apart the organization he'd come back to

which he could've deleted any time he wanted.

i think he's gone, and people swinging aimlessly in the night are scared of the boogeyman

I hope you're right, but they only said they wouldn't let him come back to leadership. :3:

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

andromache posted:

Like who? You guys ran off everyone of note in GSF other than like me, bill, and occasionally a wild xttz appearance. Seems like Asher’s play is to just do poo poo better and get back to playing eve. Let his actions speak for themselves and if that’s of interest to people ITT they can give it a try.

If someone got banned and wants to give GSF a try again they can reach out to our new exec either via PM on these forums, or I can get you hooked up with him on discord. GSF is back to shooting spaceships and there’s no appetite for litigating it over.

did you ban Alex yet

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

andromache posted:

I don’t have the ability to do that.

However, if I’m still a full director in Goonwaffe when I do my next quarterly activity purge I’m kicking all his characters.

60 days with no posts, no jabber, no mumble. Them’s the rules. I think we are at 17 days now.

There are only two characters exempt from this rule and their owners are both dead.

are you pushing the people who can ban Alex to do so?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

why do the people who think the directorate is still being run or is friendly to the mittani think that banning him would do anything in the first place?

it's such a weird hill to die on

it's as if being in the in game corporation means anything at all

it's impossible to please these people

Because I know him much better than you do, globby. I’ve already explained the process, and how banning Alex stops that process in the phase where he hangs out as a professor emeritus type. Can I help further clarify it for you?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

andromache posted:

It was bullet 1 in the 4 point list I posted when I was asked by the directorate what the hell ya’ll even wanted at this point.

I think someone had a 4 point list a few pages back that was pretty close to what I sent over. Can’t remember the exact verbiage but it was something like ban mittens, apologize, unban whistleblowers, and publicly flay attack helicopters and blm are terrorists people.

Goonspeed, then.

You gonna apologize for the horse post? :colbert:

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

andromache posted:

Dude I don't know why I'm bothering to explain this to you since you've clearly got some preordered and presharpened axe that's done been ground, but come on. The Former Emperor of Goon Space FOR THE PAST TWELVE YEARS being quietly shuffled from the corporation by properly signed, sealed, and stamped space bureacracy is some of the funniest poo poo ever.

"Oh, how did he go? Did someone rage out and ban him in a fit of pique like he did to deadtear?"

"No, he failed to meet minimum activity requirements and Atrum purged him."

That's some salt on the salad I'm making. Just need another 43 days.

He’ll just come back.

If you’re actually pushing for banning and disavowing him I think that’s great, but this maneuver is pointless and I don’t know why you think it’s funny unless it’s supposed to be a self deprecating joke. What’s important for effective change in a situation like this is having organizational leadership explicitly say words and take actions that will be contradicted and thus make them look like liars or chumps or both if he returns, which creates a barrier that this doesn’t, just like allowing him to slink away quietly doesn’t. But we both know why that isn’t happening.

Zodium fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Aug 2, 2022

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Bigbillthaboss posted:

We have all almost reached that point where the sidewalk ends in terms of corrective actions that can be (reasonably) be taken, what all policies/guidelines/support infrastructure can be introduced and established, or which personnel changes can be implemented ensuring that the right people are in place to lead the community in a new direction. The 'fresh start' mindset has taken hold, the self-reflective 'we gotta learn from these utter failures and human resource disasters' philosophy is now dominant, and Goons are ready to move forward on a new path - including a focus on further self betterment. Most everyone has also come to terms with realization of the hard truth: there are people who will never be satisfied with the finalized outcome, whether that be a week or a month down the road, and that's ok. It's their right to feel that way, and its best to just keep on walking.

I can assure you the overall Goon populous are very, VERY, cognizant of the egregious activity having transpired, and we all witnessed/observed - in real time - said Chernobyl-levels of radioactive toxicity, illustrated in numerous, irredeemably negligent, logs and chat records thanks to the investigative Delta Squad journalism team's diligence and unwillingness to waver. We know, however, we also know major changes have been made to Goonswarm, and organizational overhauls were carried out, establishing guardrails and safety nets so any potential future transgressions are met with swift justice and effective resolution. The road forward for Goons has been redirected along a more compassionate, less noxious, principle focused path in which leadership is much more conscious and considerate of the community as a whole, and I really believe this.

lol

Saving this for when Alex is welcomed back to the fresh start.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

andromache posted:

Yogizh sent some dumbass corpmails like a year ago. Some like identify as an attack helicopter poo poo and some alt right YouTube link.

But because he wasn’t publicly executed for it, people keep hanging onto it. I have no idea if he was privately disciplined for it or not, but fairly certain the policy isn’t to discuss that poo poo publicly anyway.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

hailthefish posted:

The relitigating will probably stop once random dipshits who only ever post in eve threads who didn't read the last thread at all come kramering in to hurf a bunch of up-yours-woke-moralists disingenuous blurf in defense of the Imperium's e-honour against the dangerous schismatics or whatever the gently caress.

Very simple.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

This Bill guy is way after my time, but every single post attempting to defend the Imperium just putting pedal to the metal and doing a Dukes of Hazard style ramp jump into psychotic arguments like "The Eastern European mind can't help themselves from posting transphobia, and thus, actually, it's the people who don't like transphobia who are the problematic ones" is what's funny. What are you doing? lmao

post more of this:

andromache posted:

It was bullet 1 in the 4 point list I posted when I was asked by the directorate what the hell ya’ll even wanted at this point.

I think someone had a 4 point list a few pages back that was pretty close to what I sent over. Can’t remember the exact verbiage but it was something like ban mittens, apologize, unban whistleblowers, and publicly flay attack helicopters and blm are terrorists people.

post less of this:

andromache posted:

Point is he was disciplined for his takes. You may not agree that it was far enough but it happened and was addressed. The proof in the pudding being no additional material appearing from him anywhere for ya’ll to litigate.

So system is working. But feel free to continue arguing that a tree never fell in the woods because you personally weren’t there to witness it.

don't post this:

andromache posted:

Guy is an older Eastern European who escaped from ~the commies~ (Ie trauma) and has some of that Clint Eastwood old man fear that the kids are going to make the country communist liberal pussies.

So he has on three occasions donned his old eastern euro track suit and raged war on the libs (two corp mails and his epic SA post where he demanded ya’ll apologize to him (come on guys, that poo poo was funny))

:tipshat:

Zodium fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Aug 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i don't even know what you guys want any more, to be honest

from where i'm sitting it looks like a bunch of incoherent screaming

it can't be being unbanned, not a single one of you is ever going to go back of your own volition even if you could

If Imperium directors would just stop impotently trying to defend the Imperium's e-honor, nobody would post about it.

I hope they don't though, because it's insanely funny that they keep making unforced self-owns like Atrum's "the eastern european can't help themselves from transphobia, because of communism."