Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
JAWS = Just A White Shark.

Anyone have a theory on the praying mantis that OJ “hadn’t seen in awhile” covering up the camera and fluttering away as soon as the UAP left the area?

It definitely played into the initial “it’s grays”/the viewers idea before anyone knows what’s going on but we never really see it communing with nature again only consuming it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Good call. Hadn’t considered the bad miracle angle. drat you and your layers Jordan Peele.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
No chance the film in the hand held camera would still be viable after it fell from Jean Jacket?

I realize probably not because film is vulnerable to so many things. But also horror movie logic dictates it would be just fine.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Yeah half the population probably wouldn’t even believe it was the same creature.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

CelticPredator posted:

I’d punch a grey alien in the face and I’m white as hell.

Greys are fuckin scary man

when I was like 10 and trick or treating there was a house with a bunch of jump scares in the yard and I wacked not one, but two of them with my full candy bag after they scared me as a fight or flight response.

I don’t know what this means but it seems a
Appropriate for the conversation at hand.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

buglord posted:

How does this movie (and Get Out) compare to Us? I havent seen Us yet but upon reflection I think Get Out was the more enjoyable experience for me.

I really love Us but the more you think about it the less it makes sense. You kinda have to take it at face value and enjoy the ride.

I’d have to watch both Nope and Us again to tell you which I think is better. Right now I’d have it as a tie.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
All Peele’s movies freaking own, warts and all.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I’m a very “give me 90 minute runtimes or give me death” kind of guy but knowing what we know about the scenes that were cut, I’d watch a 4 hour version of Nope

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Dr Christmas posted:

Fake edit: It’s like it was agitated and was trying to make itself look big to scare off a predator.

This is how I read it.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Gumball Gumption posted:

When I thought it was a happy ending where they kill the monster and survive made me think OJ lives. But as I realized it's a fake out and Emerald didn't grow or change, she killed this thing for the shot. With that in mind I could see OJ being dead. He tamed it, he had it, and she screwed up.

This kind of flys in the face of why they named it Jean Jacket in the first place. She tamed her horse, imo.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
It’s also implied that their family should be in a better place financially due to being the descendants of the first person ever put to film and their dad being the best drat Hollywood Horse Trainer there is. So you can also look at it as finally getting what they’ve deserved for generations.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
drat. I need to see this again.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The 8th installment: Nein

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I’m Gordy tapping the dead kids foot to see if there is any life left to beat out of him.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Key and Peele are both cool and good.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Nessus posted:

How did Peele's spin with the Twilight Zone work out?

It was mediocre as heck

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I believe it is intentionally ambiguous, personally.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I didn’t know Keith David was in the film at all so his appearance was a very pleasant surprise despite being brief.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Every time someone posts new info in this thread it makes Jordan Peele cooler and gooder.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Pirate Jet posted:

He did not, it’s always been fan speculation that’s been completely run away with.

He did in fact confirm it.

https://www.tiktok.com/@imdb/video/...623943309856046

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Scissorfighter posted:

The one time I saw him address that, he was being sarcastic like "haha yes I definitely intended that, I'm very smart."

Edit:

Yeah there it is. Very obviously joking here.

That’s not how I took it but I suppose that reading is there. My apologies if I’m in the wrong on this one.

I remember someone posting it was confirmed many many pages ago and that’s the only thing I could find.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I really couldn't get over how incredibly tasteless it was for Jordan Peele (we're talking beyond Takashi Miike or Gaspar Noe level tbh) to have his Signs riff have a subplot based on the Travis chimpanzee attack with a character appear on screen directly based on the woman who got her faced ripped off. How was nobody there to tell him maybe that wasn't the best idea.
I guess it's okay hahaha!!! She doesn't have eyes anymore so she can't see your mid sci-fi movie hahaha!

Did you actually watch the movie or is this some avant garde Logan Paul review performance posting

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I really hated when Tobe Hooper exploited Ed Gein’s victims.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

...okay am I the only one looking at Mary Jo's veil like...

:aaaaa:

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
My biggest problem with this line of discourse is how heavy handed the word exploit is being used. Is any reference in film to a tragic real life event exploitation?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

I sincerely disagree, or we have different definitions of the word exploit.

If the movie had centered on Mary Jo and the chimp attack then I would agree it was exploitation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

live with fruit posted:

Considering how layered Peele's movies are, there's no way the Charla Nash references are a coincidence in a movie that hinges on getting "the Oprah shot."

I don’t think anyone is debating this