Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Missing Name posted:

Ah, yes, an ear lentil as we call them in my family. Which gave rise to the insult "lentil head"

The Cursed Images Thread: Ah, yes, an ear lentil as we call them in my family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Slugworth posted:

You mean the obvious contractor of some sort driving an apparently standard pickup truck?

Yea maybe he just couldn't find one in his size.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Scratch Monkey posted:

I watch people fix cars. It’s hard to phone that in

It's nice to see some of them have realised that MIG/arc/plug welding is fine and normal again. You just don't have to TIG Every loving Joint in a clean stack-o-dimes.

Cranktown City is the last real fabricator on YT

Edit: and blondiehacks, she's cool

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Get that wholesome youtube poo poo out of this thread.

I just got this pop up

Is it me or does this have some seriously creepy AI Generated vibe?

E: like what in the gently caress even is that video? Is a robot trying to trick me?

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

mind the walrus posted:

It's a joke-y video from a really awesome lady who makes a lot of solid content with her wife about living with disabilities. Not even remotely cursed.

Sounds nice. Still looks cursed though.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

I think this goes beyond cursed resume into cursed employee territory. We need to find and weaponise this idiot against more companies. Send them into Raytheon or something.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
The Interns of the 5th Column

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Dr. Quarex posted:

I love this, thank you, I will keep this in mind when searching for tacos in Texas

The equivalent I learned from another Goon was when we were in Memphis and agreed we wanted barbeque and he said "I'll let you know when to stop." We got annoyed with him because he vetoed like six places based purely on how they looked, but then when we were driving through what I remember being a residential area he said "there, stop" and we pulled over at what basically looked like a war-ruined concrete bunker with smoke pouring out of it, with a faded hand-painted sign that said BOSS HOGG BBQ, and yeah it was basically the best food I had eaten all year

All the best Chinese food places in the UK now are almost always 3.2-3.5 stars on any given rating system. Usually not much more than a glazed hole in the wall, you can't see in or out because the inadequate ventilation means the window is constantly steamed. It will probably have a bunch of Chinese students from the local university eating there.

Often the only place to get good pig's ear.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Its similar but different in the UK - it's not the service so much but the food. Average Brit thinks all Chinese food is UK Chinese Takeaway and will basically have an aneurism when presented with real food.

1/5 "did not even do lemon chicken or chips can't see this place lasting long when the staff haven't heard of crispy chili beef"

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

more falafel please posted:

I don't really know anything about UK Chinese food, but I really hate this argument about American Chinese food that it isn't "authentic" when it's dishes invented and made by Chinese Americans. It's not the same as cuisine from the mainland for sure, but it's like saying chicken tikka masala isn't "authentic" Indian food because it was invented in London.

IMO when it's invented specifically to appease the tastes of the local culture, and doesn't get back-ported to the indigenous culture, it's fair to say it isn't authentic. It's just Chinese-American or Anglo-Indian or whatever. Theres nothing inherently wrong, better or worse about it, it's just different.

E: for the avoidance of doubt I'm saying what's cursed is caring about Authenticity as the sole arbiter of quality. It's ok to distinguish indigenous from diaspora culture, just not ok to discriminate based on it.

ReelBigLizard fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Mar 20, 2023

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Maybe? Go down that road far enough and pasta ain't Italian so maybe it's not black and white and people shouldn't get too bent out of shape about it unless your culture is being misrepresented or insulted or w/e.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

King Carnivore posted:

The resulting pasta is absolutely cursed. That poo poo was like half an inch thick.

What if she has Italian heritage?

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Clarence you idiot! This isn't the python snare, it's the snake multiplication wand!

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Takes No Damage posted:

My decision to limp along on Win7 until the hardware started to fail, then make the jump to Linux for my daily driver continues to bear fruit.

I just bought a cheap 2010 MBP15 for a workshop machine to run my laser. I installed fresh OSX snow leopard from the discs and man, remember when operating systems were allowed to be useful and fun without trying to farm off all your entertainment and productivity on to ad supported or paid cloud services?

Also when a pro laptop came with card readers, ports and nice keyboards :smith:

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Doesn't say where they're retaining it, or who's it is.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Scratch Monkey posted:

And Russians get upset when you remind them that without American lend lease they’d have folded in 41

That man who was set on fire? I sold him the fire extinguisher he put himself out with!

(admittedly I only sold it to him while he was actually on fire and the fire looked like it might catch my house)

I also made a bundle when I sold some powerful computers to the guy who set him on fire, something about categorising and identifying specific groups of people.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
:nws:

Sorry.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

BrigadierSensible posted:

It says fragrance free, but I can smell that image from here.

And at no extra charge, hence the fragrance is free, to you.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I ride my bike drunk, high, whatever. That's one of the perks.

What are they gonna do, take my license away?

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

My Spirit Otter posted:

orlando bloom shouldnt have been in it. theres a reason this motherfucker has been acting constantly and you havent heard of him since pirates of the caribbean.

Got some family that works in the west end and according to them he's an entitled prick who all the staff ended up hating because he constantly broke theatre safety and security rules and made everyone's lives harder.

Other family also worked the security gate at HMP Wandsworth until recently and quit because, amongst other things, no one else was taking gate security protocol seriously...

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

TotalLossBrain posted:

Gurnsey Breeders

Guernsey :eng101:

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
gently caress all drivers. They're all arseholes.

Except the ones I know, they seem fine.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

dr_rat posted:

Easily fixed, just send only 0's through the tubes. Including 1's as well always just over complicates things anyway.

Fibre fixes this further by sending the 1s end on.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

By popular demand posted:

Today's cursed content:
The aunt who just stated that Muslims are an 'unnecessary people' in the world on the family WhatsApp group.

It's like getting hauled back in time 20 years to poo poo like freedom fries again and I DO NOT LIKE IT.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Scratch Monkey posted:

How do you even get gout?

There's common causes but it changes per person. I got a gout flare up from eating an apple a day.

I found some nice apples at a local grocer and had one a day for a week and then couldn't walk for two more.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

"Oh perfect! What a time saver. I'll be able to catch an earlier train"
Hitachi: "OK so don't freak out..."

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Breetai posted:

Upside down in a gas station?

:golfclap:

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

By popular demand posted:

I'm glad you're not dead, I think some of the symptoms you describe are neurologic deficiencies from malnutrition.
:stonk:

More likely just still getting used to having a totally different centre of balance and way more power to weight so you overcompensate.

I had a bit of that when I lost a bit over 45lbs one summer.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Just lol at trying to ban an open source device.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Correct thread.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

It's ok, we found out on the last expedition that the designated observer(s) don't actually have to be in-person to hold the entity in place.

You can set up a trail cam on a satellite link and have a remote team watch the entity while your team exfils from the immediate psychic field.

Wish we'd known that earlier. Obviously make sure your keyhole frequencies are set correctly and you have a solid tunnel through the threshold for the datastream or... You know what, I best not worry you with the details.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

You forgot to black out most of it, Dr. Casper Darling

Due to the exponential rate of quickening amongst victims the report has been declassified all the way to FOOTGOON 6 on direct orders from --------------.

It's considered that much of an existential threat to the org. Please don't make me recount why.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

davidspackage posted:

The Cursed Images Thread: Attention Bajoran Milkers

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Drone_Fragger posted:

Rapidly coming to the conclusion if you're not using torx headed wood screws and machine screws and using a electric screwdriver you secretly want to get carpal tunnel and arthiritis later in life due to RSI.

Weed, torx and a brushless drill driver with proper electronic control is the only way I can get work done now I've destroyed my hands with decades of IT. It also feels amazing to just mash trigger and the drill stops perfectly on the money every time.

The belt fed screw gun is blessed when it works, cursed when it doesn't (when I'm holding a sheet of gyproc to the ceiling).

Slot headed brass screws and stainless pozidrive are the most cursed of the regular screw varieties.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Excellent illustration of the importance of maintaining eye contact while working your hog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Dutch Chocolate

I've never seen Dutch chocolate used as a marketing hook, maybe they thought people would confuse it for Belgian.

Now the reasons why Belgium became such a big name in cocoa, that's some real cursed history right there.