Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

nexous posted:

Yeah I grew up on this as well. 70/30 mayo to lemon juice with some minced garlic. Prob one of those regional things

Edit: mum was from Texas, but I grew up in Australia and this was a treat the rare times decent fresh artichokes could be found

norp fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jul 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Edmund Sparkler posted:

I was going to say that expiration dates don't really mean poo poo with soda but then I remembered that most people hate diet soda.

Expiration dates on diet soda is definitely not a suggestion.

The sweeteners break down pretty quickly. I've found that you get maybe a month or so past that date before it's completely gone in Pepsi Max but even before that date the sweetener seems to start fading quite a bit.
This isn't so much of a problem with sugar (sucrose not that HFCS bullshit you seppos drink) sweetened drinks

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Yaldabaoth posted:

Perfect example of how the world still follows "Separate but Equal" when it comes to women. Women are allowed to do as they please in women dominated fields but the moment they try to enter a male dominated field they're given poo poo for disrupting the "natural order".

Just disqualify any male rider who gets passed by the women's race - like on a charity ride where there's a follower bus that collects the people that go too slow

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-11/qld-police-issue-amber-alert-after-four-children-abducted/101325668

Queensland police issue amber alert as four children taken north of Mackay

Police are urgently seeking this man who is believed to have taken four children from a property near Mackay.

Are amber alerts even a thing in Australia? Is that an extra layer of curse?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

SuddenCactus posted:

teeth have a strawberry filling?

Goes well with ice cream

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

DandyLion posted:

Yeah its just a matter of time before health-insurance companies start denying coverage on folks because they bought the data and decided not to cover anyone genetically predisposed to illness.

The real curse is that you (presumably) live in a country where thats legal.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

It's wild to me how much Americans accept car supremacy

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Tiny Timbs posted:

Aftermarket kits are lovely hackjobs that may not even be compatible and at the very least require a separate remote

And it's probably more like $600 with labor

I dunno what you are talking about, those aftermarket kits just sit on the CAN bus and watch for lock/unlock patterns so you don't need another remote.

Normally things like "lock, lock, lock" to roll up windows, etc.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Jestery posted:

This happened to an old coworker of mine , while working as teacher aides in a year 1 classroom, leaving them with permanent nerve damage

Terrifying

And on their first day back after 6 months off , they had a car rear end them badly enough to send them to hospital

The universe just deciding to gently caress them in the rear end violently and without mercy huh?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Cartoon Man posted:

I did a tour of duty as a Geek Squad in home computer repair back in the day. Nothing sucked rear end worse than going into one of those homes and having to clean this:

I'm sorry but the worst thing to clean out is a computer/console that has become home to a colony of cockroaches :barf:

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Dr. Quarex posted:

My inability to actually find one of these to purchase leads me to wonder if indeed someone successfully trolled the handful of pages that reported on this last year.

That said, I did find a different toy vlogging set for 18" dolls which is basically just as bad so it is irrelevant

I definitely saw this recently on the shelf at Kmart, I hadn't seen the articles and thought it was pretty funny when I walked past it

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

kntfkr posted:

Kmart Australia is a thing that's totally different from dead rear end regular Kmart of America.

Apart from the logo

We also have target that is also completely separate from the US one

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

deep dish peat moss posted:

I once started at a small and cool startup that had offered fully-paid sabbaticals and vested options after 5 years. They were acquired by a larger company exactly 4 years and 9 months later. The first thing the owners did was promise they would not get rid of the sabbaticals or vested options, but they got rid of them after the first employee hit 5 years.

That's why these sort of options are worthless unless they have an accelerated vesting trigger on company acquisition

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Antigravitas posted:

I checked out the stadium and made a comparison to a stadium of the same capacity.

I was trying to be exceptionally fair by getting more of the parking spaces in the picture of the second stadium (there are some more to the east), but drat.

Can you imagine how hot it must be on those parking spaces in the summer? gently caress me.

They built a 60k seat stadium recently in my city and deliberately gave it basically no parking. Instead they gave it its own large train station.

There is *some* but it gets converted to bus and cab ranks during events and is mostly to service the public open spaces around the stadium when its not being used as a stadium.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Poops Mcgoots posted:

What makes them dumb? It doesn't seem to eat into storage space under the sink, and it can give a more consistent appearance when put next to the other drawers and cabinets in your kitchen. Like, if you want to poo poo on the US, there's lots of options available. You don't need to reach this hard.

What makes them dumb is that you now have a 3/4 height cupboard door that doesn't match all your full height cupboard doors.
Unless you are some kind of psychopath that has a single drawer above every cupboard

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

That's from a tv show - the righteous gemstones

They drive from sex shop to sex shop getting rid of the smut by buying all the sex toys

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

The Hillary avatars were someone carpet bombing the GBS Ukraine war thread after they made the :byetankie: emote

Similar to how I got this stupid trump avatar in the auspol thread!

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Scratch Monkey posted:

How exactly does this elevator he’ll end up happening? Poor planning? Super slow elevators? Lazy tenants?

Elevators are expensive, regulating developers is hard. At least that's what I'd assume.

The taller a building gets the more total space from the lower floors gets used up by the plumbing/elevators/etc.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

It's the bees' car now

Just walk away

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Chewbecca posted:

Jesus h that's cursed :whitewater:

Every time you make the effort to recycle just remember that there is probably a trash truck in the developing world pouring garbage into the ocean as you do it

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Killer robot posted:

Kraft Singles at least in the US are a "prepared cheese product" that can't be legally called cheese but is cheap and convenient. That's the kind that a lot of people mock and hate. Actual "American cheese" is just mild cheddar and Colby with some emulsifiers to make it melt better for things like grilled cheese or burgers. It's perfectly legitimate mild-flavored cheese.

Don't forget about the orange food colouring!

Here in Australia the Kraft cheese slices don't have colouring and they look all pale and white. I'm not sure which version is more horrifying

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Now make it embed an Indian YouTube tutorial.....

gently caress I hate video/audio for conveying technical information

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

necroid posted:

can you not make spoilered links please? i’m on my phone literally shitposting and i can’t see the spoiler without clicking the link, at least on desktop i can hover

sry just a personal preference, i like to curate my youtube history and clicking random links means having to remove extra poo poo i don’t want

I don't know about the iPhone one, but awful.app on android definitely doesn't click spoilered links until you unspoiler them.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

I went to school with a Wayne King

Also a friend's brother had his last name legally changed to Danger

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Takes No Damage posted:

So a vasectomy is a direct path to godhood :thunk:

Vasectomy doesn't stop semen.....

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Isn't that just kinda how it has to work? unless your shitwater has somewhere else to go it's gonna come out of the next highest exit.

Your real curse is that it's that easy to clog your main sewerage connection.

The worst I've ever had to deal with is the water in the trap getting blown out into the room when they send the cleaner down the sewer main in my street every year or so. Sometimes I notice the warning letter and make sure the seats are down, but not always :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Movie money is normally pretty easy to spot as being not-money. It's basically the equivalent of leaving those fake tips crossed with a bible verse, but with more hate for your fellow man