Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Dude's dick was so small a fish mistook it for a worm, and now everyone knows it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Humphreys posted:

What am I missing here?

It's pretty cursed that they would make a Funko Pop of just some normal, boring frog.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cursed Thread: The team was focused and worming.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

ultrafilter posted:

:nws::nws:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I looked at this, looked at the probation message, looked at this again for an absurdly long time, and couldn't understand what was cursed or :nws: about it.

Then I saw it quoted in another reply as a thumbnail and it all made sense.

And I absolutely love it. Would frame and put on my wall.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
I watched the whole thing. It seems like so much effort for what amounts to a lump of skin and fat, with the best compliment being it is "digestible." Going through some of the more serious comments on that video, it almost seems like this is something you make/eat just to say you did, and it's not exactly a common thing you'll find all over Vietnam.

And when you think about it, "Dude, I loving dare you to eat this" is pretty universal. Like those absurdly large hamburgers stacked with like 20 different things, or those birds you kill by drowning them in brandy and then eating them whole with a towel over your head.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Scratch Monkey posted:

somehow I don't think that costume is for a halloween party

On one of the channels, for the Thanksgiving parade, they do a long lead-in with features from current and upcoming musicals. Last year, this was one of them.

It looked absolutely dreadful and I'm genuinely shocked it's still running into 2023.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ralph Crammed In posted:

How big of a role does Dave Coulier have in it?

As far as I can tell, it's supposed to be like Mama Mia or something, where it's a story that just has a bunch of people singing Alanis music in it.

But it comes off as one of those projects where clueless white people try to make something hip and modern for all the kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx5-FRUMMp8

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

rodbeard posted:

Holy poo poo make sure you scroll down to the AI generated rap song.

Azhais posted:

Let's just assume I don't want to read through a thousand racial hottakes, post the tweet

https://twitter.com/numetaljacket/status/1599540643025793025

Looking forward to "Good Scientist" dropping on Ye's next album.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
I finally understand the insult "Go suck an egg."

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Tiny Timbs posted:

Imagine flying in to a city only to never leave the airport and fly back

It seemed like a fun experience, when I watched Tom Hanks do it.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Nobody's asking the important question of wondering what it took to "win" this in the first place.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

ultrafilter posted:

I've heard that running through multiplication tables is a pretty effective way to overcome pee shyness. Can anyone confirm?

Yes. It's something like the part of your brain that does math is next to the part of your brain that makes pee happen.

Also tickle your lower back just above the asscrack.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
It's cursed because a 93 year old man can find love and get married and I'm very sad and alone and I'll never find love or go to space.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Konar posted:

these seafood muckbangers are some of the most cursed creators out there, should be like 30 years in prison

I think there was a video by h3h3 or something, where they showcased some of these awful videos. There was a lady who was eating this absolutely massive lobster and even just thinking about it now to type this is making me want to throw up.

30 years is too lenient.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cocaine Bear posted:

Sorry, I may be misinformed. I thought muk bang was eating and talking on camera with a subset of people going way overboard. I've changed my position and both are immoral.

Mukbang is a spectacle of excess. It's not enough to just be eating food like a normal human while having a chat. The overboard is what makes it a mukbang, and to keep bringing in the audience/money, you need to keep bringing something new to the (literal) table, so things must keep escalating.

This isn't a subset. It's the peak of the mountain.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Everything reminds me of him.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Kharnifex posted:

Is that the one where Krang is like, "Cum in my mouth"! And Vernon wanks and mutates into a dick.

No, although that video is also very amazing.

Pizza Time is one of the videos of guys dressed up like this;

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
I haven't had soda in years. I fear that something like Peepsi might actually kill me.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
I got an ad on YouTube for the chud chocolate. :(

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
It looks like a dead body that's been at the bottom of a lake for a few weeks.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Surely not even in the US do cashiers have a daily quota of customers?

Technically, yes. Not in the literal "This cashier needs to ring up X number of customers for a quota" but in the "It is the job of a cashier to convince customers to spend more money."

That's why you have all the gum and magazines and crap in checkout lanes, as impulse buys, and why you're asked about rewards programs and why cashiers are supposed to inspect everything you are buying and make suggestions ("Oh, do you need batteries for this?") and it's just hell for everyone.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

blight rhino posted:

Uuuuughhh

https://twitter.com/ellamaulding/status/1652843227567861760

Twitter is a cesspit

I've been starting slap fights, and haven't been banned yet, because I make sure not to use curse words.
It's not the healthiest hobby, but it can be a bit fun, from time to time.

OK what the hell is even happening here? At a glance, it appears this is the same Whatever as the "social experiment" channel on YouTube where they did videos like "Camel Toe Prank" and "Asking 100 Girls for Sex" and "Drowning Baby Prank" but now they've gone the podcast route and doing... what are they even doing? From the few clips I've seen, it seems like they bring on random women and then berate them and preach tradwife poo poo at them?

Also I remember seeing a girl from their YouTube videos in another video where she drinks horse semen, which might be a curse of its own.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

I think about this and poo poo like kids' football when the transphobes scream about how we shouldn't be loving with children's bodies.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

What Dark Souls area would this be?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Vakal posted:

Oh Twitch....

I came across her stream a few months back, and it was fascinating. There's even an article about her.

https://www.dexerto.com/entertainment/this-twitch-hot-tub-streamer-has-mastered-the-art-of-baiting-viewers-1872531/

tl;dr She spends literal hours staying off-camera, promising sexy bikini workouts and stuff, basically baiting and trolling people into hate-watching to see if it's worth the wait (it's not).

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Vakal posted:

I remember a few years back people were complaining when Twitch enacted a rule that banned shirtless streaming which was apparently to crack down on girls wearing bikini tops but also applied to guys going bare chested.

I take it this rule must has been rescinded since then.

The stipulation was you could only be in swimwear in an appropriate setting, so a few girls started getting inflatable hot tubs and putting them in their stream rooms so they could be in bikinis. Or, in the case of the aforementioned streamer, you have girls who are just in their bathrooms.

There was enough of an outcry from people that Twitch decided to make a dedicated "Hot Tubs, Pools, and Beaches" category, but aside from that, they don't really seem to give a poo poo. You can see girls in Just Chatting laying around in lingerie and calling it "cosplay" to get around TOS and stuff, so it just seems like Twitch isn't really concerned about keeping sexual content off the platform anymore.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

History Comes Inside! posted:

They get their cut so it makes sense to keep the most profitable stuff on the platform .

Thing is, they're not really that profitable. The whole hot tub stream thing is pretty much dead, with only a couple notable streamers and some people with larger followings who do legitimately use it for when they're at the beach or pool or something. Every time I see the category, it has less than 10K viewers. Meanwhile, xQc is currently streaming to over 5 times as many people at this moment.

That's why I never really considered it a "problem" myself, because it's such a small part of Twitch. There are people I think go too far or get away with too much, but it's not my platform and also not really worth getting too riled up over.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
The self-checkout registers used to be simpler and faster to use, but I guess to cut down on theft, they brought out new machines that slow everything down and use scales to make sure you aren't loving up.

So let's say I had 6 identical cans of soup. I used to be able to take one out of my bag, scan it 6 times, and be done with it. Now I gotta scan one, put it on the scale, wait for the register to be ready for the next scan, and repeat the process. And if you have a lot of groceries, that poo poo adds up and then you have a huge pile of poo poo balancing on this scale and you can't remove any of it until the register says "OK there's too much stuff. Remove it now" because otherwise the register will give you poo poo about the weight not matching with what you've rung up and you gotta fix it NOW.

And you have like 3 or 4 workers standing around to make sure people aren't stealing, and to attend to people that need help because these registers are always loving up or you can't do things that fix something ringing up wrong, and then there's only like 1 or 2 regular checkout lanes.

The whole thing is loving stupid and makes everything so much less convenient for everyone involved and the only people that don't see that are the people that are coming up with these ideas in the first place.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Homeschooling in the US used to be for weirdos, but with all the shootings nowadays, it's also become more appealing for normies.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Rocky Mountain oysters

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Isn't that also a black widow? Very blessed.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Waltzing Along posted:

Why is that cursed? It looks pretty cool, especially for a 1915 film.

Every single person in this is dead.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Monthly Expenses

Rent: $1500
Utilities: $300
Groceries: $200
Buying Basketball Emojis to Feed to a Girl on TikTok Live While She Individually Makes Popcorn with a Hair Straightener: $7,300
Streaming Services: $75
Buying Chili Emojis to Feed to a Girl Wearing Elf Ears on TikTok Live so She Does a Weird Voice: $16,225
Getting Take-Out Instead of Using the Groceries I bought: $300

Someone who is good at the economy please help I had an overnight stay at a hospital and it put me into debt.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
It's not the drinking horse piss that I have a problem with. It's that it's a police horse. That's loving disgusting.

It's like when people say they "like a man in uniform" but they're talking about cops and soldiers and not Subway Sandwich Artists. Have some loving decency.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

I know food collaborations are nothing new, and god help you if you ever get to a sports stadium and see the monstrosities they offer, but I really feel like the latest trend is "Morbid Curiosity" and I just can't wrap my head around why there's so drat much of it right now.

I just want to eat regular human food I don't want my grocery store to have a "I fuckin' dare ya" aisle where every food and drink is crossed over with Flamin' Hot Cheetos.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Someone please reverse this. Thank you in advance.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Thank you. It's everything I hoped it would be.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

`Nemesis posted:

mistakes into miracles

The third leg really sells this.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm assuming the bucket malfunctioned and they couldn't get back down?

The All the internet/cable/TV/power line-related companies around here now only have a single person come out to do jobs now, so I always wonder what'll happen to them when they inevitably get stuck in the air like that and have no backup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

rotinaj posted:

The arguing as to whether they should recast or retire one of the main Simpsons cast when one of the voice actors dies, retires, or quits is gonna burn the internet to the loving ground

My vote is that they hire new voice actors for cheap, and have them start re-recording all the old episodes. You'll randomly get the new audio in episodes on Disney+, with it becoming more and more likely as time goes on, until they no longer have the original audios on streaming anymore.

Just gradually get people accustomed to new voices for the characters, by having those be the only voices for the characters.