Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

bob dobbs is dead posted:

buy fewer things ezpz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

RoastBeef posted:

I'm at the Costco parking lot. I'm at the Trader Joe's parking lot. I'm at the combination Costco-Trader Joe's parking lot

russia please aim 10 nukes at this

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

if u've never gone in for just a cheeky $1.50 dog, u ain't livin

TheOneVader
Jun 9, 2006

Don't kiss your sister, Son...
That parking lot looks fine to me because it's huge. In Hawaii, our problem is there just aren't enough spaces. I'd gladly park all the way at Bob's Furniture and just walk. At the Waipio Costco on Oahu, cars are regularly parked in the aisles not designated parking spaces.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

There’s a Costco on my direct walking path home from work so I’ll stop in to get a few things when needed. Once a month or so I’ll go with my siblings to get large items that would be a pain in the rear end to carry home the mile or so, its parking lot is pretty bad though.

A Trader Joe’s opened up a few blocks from my place so that’s been very convenient (for expanding my rear end through snacks).

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

RoastBeef posted:

I'm at the Costco parking lot. I'm at the Trader Joe's parking lot. I'm at the combination Costco-Trader Joe's parking lot

Where is this

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Big Mac posted:

Where is this

Looks like the corner of Main St. and Foothill Rd.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Propaganda Hour posted:

Looks like the corner of Main St. and Foothill Rd.

no joke, googling this got me the result: Bridgewater, NJ

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Yeah ravens are possibly the smartest bird, doesn’t surprise me they’d target a grocery retailer.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

My local Costco has easy access and plenty of parking (possibly not near holidays but I don’t go around those).

I go in through the back and park by the tire center, never any problems and a very short walk.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

This is what happens when you restrict sales of $1.50 ¼ POUND PLUS ALL BEEF HOT DOG AND 20 oz. Soda (With Refill) to members.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

i refuse to do anything but walk to my costcos or tj's

other stores i might get a jitney or something but not those two

Get on my level, scrubs

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avY7H-VuYcE

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Big Mac posted:

no joke, googling this got me the result: Bridgewater, NJ

please stop doxxing me

Also I can confirm that parking lot can suck rear end on the weekend for sure, but the SUPER SECRET middle entrance has seen me through many a trying time

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Safety Dance posted:

Get on my level, scrubs

hell yeah

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Alan Smithee posted:

*pointing at goons*

哇这么胖

Wa zhème pàng

rude :mad:

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I have wonderful/terrible news everyone, the lemon meringue cheesecake is back.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Just got a membership today, anything I should know?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Every grocery item you add to the cart costs you $15. I know it says mayo is $6 but you're leaving with ten items for $150.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Welcome!!! Read this thread lol

Honestly it is a good resource

if you are curious about some item put the word in the search the thread space

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Join your local costco facebook group. Mine has obsessives flagging the latest cool deals and posting photos of parking lot robberies.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

At Costco, money can be exchanged for goods and services.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Glad to help!

https://financebuzz.com/costco-shopping-hacks

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Eeyo posted:

My local Costco has easy access and plenty of parking (possibly not near holidays but I don’t go around those).

I go in through the back and park by the tire center, never any problems and a very short walk.

My local Costco is on airport land near all the logistics warehouses, this means that they are forced to charge for parking (2 hours free with your receipt barcode) to stop people using it as long term airport parking

Not only that but they have the stupid coin operated trolley locks to make people return the carts.

The next closest Costco to me has neither of these things but is nearly an hour drive away

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

gf brought home the lemon meringue cheesecake and it's pretty good

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

$1.50 all beef hotdog and fountain drink

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

MrQwerty posted:

Costco parking lots are mid-high level hexed, Trader Joe's parking lots are full-blown cursed

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

i hybrid drive and walk to costco or tj :dadjoke:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Feeling pretty good about my Costco parking lot right now is a sentence I didn't think I'd ever be typing up, but here we are.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

$1.50 all beef hotdog and fountain drink

And free refill. PBUC

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Do you just buy a single item per trip? Got a push cart? I am curious as to the logistics of hauling Costco purchases on foot.

Also LOL at the people in AK acting surprised at ravens doing their thing. Are they all new to the coast?
Dummies walking ten paces away from a stack of food while an unkindness lurks, then being amazed at the brazenness of one of the most intelligent and brash birds in existence.
They should bring some suet for the ravens next time. Love a corvid.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
3-4 tops. no cart

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
My church had a huge bag of Zapp's Voodoo chips for $6. Tasty.

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Bucnasti posted:

The Tukwilla Costco parking lot packs so many hosed up things into one place.
Main entrance with unlined merging pathways. Side entrance that's always backed up for the gas station. Gravel back entryway with HUGE potholes. Spots on steep grades... Add to that general Seattle driver shittyness and costco always being busy and it's particularly miserable.

Just to emphasize how poo poo the Tukwila location is with my own personal notes (forgive the ugliness, phone posting):

If you're trying to get gas, you better have entered from Andover Park E because the median is coned off if you've come from Sperry Drive. So many cars pull hosed up U-turns and sometimes block the through lane of people trying to go directly to the warehouse. Also the gas station is so poorly placed and disgustingly busy that it often backs up so bad cars from Andover can't even turn in from either direction.

The one way exit at the top, I've almost gotten into multiple head-ons trying to leave cause some impatient gently caress decides to enter the parking lot and completely ignoring the DO NOT ENTER signs from the street.

Tukwila sucks but that's the closest Costco to me and where my eye doctor is. Multiple times though I've gone out of my way to drive the extra 15 miles to the Federal Way location just to avoid that bullshit (and give me an excuse to go to the Business Center in Fife).

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I went to the seattle sodo costco this morning for the first time and - as hosed up parking lots go holy gently caress that thing is hosed up. They split the parking lot in a weird way to protect people from like hitting cars exiting the tire center.

I used to rank the lynnwood business center as the worst but sodo takes the cake. Tukwila is weird but at least the mobility getting in and out and around isnt hampered too bad.

I got the blueberry lemon loaf and im very excited to have some later.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Enos Cabell posted:

Feeling pretty good about my Costco parking lot right now is a sentence I didn't think I'd ever be typing up, but here we are.

Wasn't expecting to see the area I grew up in represented here :stare:

And while Costco parking lots are hexed, it's the aisles of some that are utterly cursed. The North Scottsdale Costco is full of boomers and rich assholes. And some of its aisles are too small for two carts side-by-side. It's utter chaos as people try to jam their carts around each other or just do whatever they want with no regard for anyone else there.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I've been stuck in a walking boot for the past six weeks, and I finally today got the green flag to resume driving. As soon as I got home, I grabbed my keys and headed straight to church.

Dango Bango posted:

Wasn't expecting to see the area I grew up in represented here :stare:

Hah, there's at least a few still-active goons here in town.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

RoastBeef posted:

Is this the costco that bird with big dick frequents to obtain the materials for his cursed photos

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

B33rChiller posted:

Do you just buy a single item per trip? Got a push cart? I am curious as to the logistics of hauling Costco purchases on foot.
I walk to my local BJ’s (we have no Costco) and use what we call a granny cart. It’s 11/10 normal to shop with a your own cart in NYC, the weird part is just having a local BJ’s. I bring a couple insulated bags and it works great. I tend to go more often when I’m in the habit, like every couple weeks, but I feel like I would have to regardless because 90% of what I get is fresh food that wouldn’t last longer anyway.

The only caveat is super bulky stuff like TP or paper towels. I have to balance those on top and obviously not get both on the same trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Most blessed Costco parking lot ever, complete with four-deep gas station with extra-wide lanes.

PBUC.