Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001
Seems like many goods (and even categories ie: bread) don't have a 'usual' spot and will be moved around regularly. Is there a plan/design behind those reorgs, or is just 'whelp, no more room for bread here, guess we'll swap this entire aisle with the next one'.
Who makes those decisions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I think it's to make you browse the rest of the goods looking for what you want in hopes that you'll see something you hadn't noticed and buy it too.

Like every store does this to some degree

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Every Costco throws a dart at a board weekly and based on where it lands, that's where they move the bread, the grapes, etc. Lame attempt to mess with Costco speedrunners but I'm undeterred.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Wendigee posted:

I think it's to make you browse the rest of the goods looking for what you want in hopes that you'll see something you hadn't noticed and buy it too.

It's actually to make me spend an hour searching for Stroopwafels / Biscotti then leave in despair because they don't tell anyone when the quit stocking something for no reason.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Sounds like that might be a management decision. The Costco here has never moved stuff around significantly, I could navigate it with my eyes closed.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Hell Gem

pencilhands posted:

That’s stealing, you should return to costco and report this error

It’s not stealing if the door checker approved it.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Grand Fromage posted:

Sounds like that might be a management decision. The Costco here has never moved stuff around significantly, I could navigate it with my eyes closed.

Yup, same. I organize my shopping list based on where stuff is :chord:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Bum the Sad posted:

It’s not stealing if the door checker approved it.

Costco: It’s not stealing if the door checker approved it.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Cartoon Man posted:

Costco: It’s not stealing if the door checker approved it.

Just go out the fire exit bing bang so simple

https://youtu.be/zsogZENAE-g

(ACAB regardless but it's funny to see people blow their poorly planned schemes)

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Costco fail, line was too long and slow (Wednesday Noon) for once mandatory $1.50 dog n' drink. Shoulda went earlier. :smith:

Did get some Jongggga Kimchee and Kirkland 12 year old scotch, though.

watchoutitsabear
Sep 8, 2011

Dango Bango posted:

Costco stopped selling PBFit peanut butter powder. I used it every day in my breakfast smoothies :negative:

Absolutely devastated by this, I use this stuff every night in my peanut butter banana bedtime smoothie. It blends so much better!

E:

silicone thrills posted:

I remember someone mentioned they thought pbfit powder was going away: i think they just changed the packaging. I saw it today and it was in a bag instead of a jar.

!!!! I'll have to go back!

watchoutitsabear fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 13, 2024

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

If you go to Sam's club you can order your food through the scan and go app and you get to skip the line... 1.48 after tax :grin:

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
I will always pay the extra 2 cents plus tax for the superior glizzy

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Wendigee posted:

If you go to Sam's club you can order your food through the scan and go app and you get to skip the line... 1.48 after tax :grin:

I appreciate your constant attempt to rile people up but there is simply no comparison between Sam's and Coscto. I'm sorry. :(

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

KakerMix posted:

I appreciate your constant attempt to rile people up but there is simply no comparison between Sam's and Coscto. I'm sorry. :(

I don't appreciate it. :mad:

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
I'm on one of those diet shots and I can't eat a dog and a slice now. I just have to pick one or the other :evilbuddy:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
What is the shot doing if you are just cutting your calories in half anyways

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Sometimes it’s nice to have diarrhea for its own sake.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Wendigee posted:

Ive heard rumors that the sams club dog is also bigger

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Soul Dentist posted:

What is the shot doing if you are just cutting your calories in half anyways

It makes me sick if I eat more than I should. It's like the Ludovico technique but for fatties

pencilhands posted:

Ive heard rumors that the sams club dog is also bigger

The girth is more important

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Apr 14, 2024

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Hit the church today. Got myself some peanut butter pretzel bites and also some frozen mandu dumplings. gently caress yeah got plenty

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

bird with big dick posted:

Shart for shart’s sake

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Sam's club doesn't put carrageenan (seaweed) in it's chickens, which allows me to eat them without tummy distress. Just FYI if you find Costco chicken incompatible.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Sams club chicken is brined in rat urine.

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

lol at the big bad bitchmade Waltons realizing Sam's Club after 20+ years of trying and failing to do better than Costco in Washington, closed every single one without notice and left the entire state in 2018

The sad shell of the Sam's Club down the street from me, sitting vacant with the faded diamond logo still showing their failure for 5 years after, finally got turned into a Home Depot several months ago

bucksmash fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Apr 14, 2024

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The article is probably all bullshit but this part lmao drat

quote:

Costco is selling $200 million in gold and silver monthly.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/per...now/ar-BB1lsXIC

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

bird with big dick posted:

I'm just a random poo poo poster, but you might be my favorite on this dumb old site for middle aged idiots.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

is 35 middle aged? :eek:

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

pencilhands posted:

is 35 middle aged? :eek:

Do you really want to live past 70?

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Brain Curry posted:

Do you really want to live past 70?

ive heard its the new 60

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Beachcomber posted:

Sam's club doesn't put carrageenan (seaweed) in it's chickens, which allows me to eat them without tummy distress. Just FYI if you find Costco chicken incompatible.

Onions made of celery and chicken made of seaweed?! Next thing you're going to tell me the hot dog isn't lips and assholes...

quote:

Costco is selling $200 million in gold and silver monthly.

Is this what the hot dogs really are?

watchoutitsabear
Sep 8, 2011

Has this thread already talked about how delicious the pink Kirkland brand bottled coconut water in the refrigerated section is? I always get the boxed stuff as a lil' hangover treat but my husband got the pink juice yesterday and I'm freaking out about how good it is.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
god drat i love costco

astral
Apr 26, 2004

durrneez posted:

god drat i love costco

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
Need to go to the grocery store and Costco this week, but I only have time for one tomorrow. Might hit Costco before dinner tomorrow and bring home a rotisserie chicken and big Caesar salad for the family, then hit the grocery store on Tuesday.

While high in fat, nuts are a “safe” food for me. I roast the Kirkland Signature raw pecans then add them to the Kirkland Signature Unsalted Deluxe Mixed Nuts, then finally add some Kirkland Signature Lightly Salted Macadamia Nuts. The hint of salt from the macadamias is enough for me, and the variety means I don’t get bored. It’s like $100 in nuts but it lasts for quite a while.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i have to pull off a grocery + costco combo trip somehow today and, god willing, it will be successful and we'll be eating good all week

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

https://x.com/wario64/status/1779875826726539678?s=46&t=DvvqeOcggle6VW8Wu5D9WA

🤔

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

There's a reason it's cheap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
I will never trust the Walton family to sell me a quality hot dog.