Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I need some kind of indoor-outdoor lined flannel/thermal/hoodie, anything I should look for? Aiming for a men's since theirs are usually so much higher quality, but the downside it has to go up to a 3x since they don't build in chest room. I'm not a Costco habitué but I'm getting a chance to go with a friend tomorrow, so teach me your ways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I can't believe nobody mentioned these itt yet, they are unreal

My only wish is that each one had two toasted pecans on top

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
The texture is so perfect, any caramel I ever have in the future will be a disappointment. I'm going to kill my container singlehandedly within two weeks

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
The single plastic gear is a deliberate failsafe, to die to prevent the entire motor from dying.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
If that's your goal why not just take a caffeine pill with water?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Meatraft

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

SynMoo posted:

Holy poo poo are these like the chocolate/vanilla blend bars I had as a kid like 30 years ago?

bob dobbs is dead posted:

no they have boba in em
and no chocolate, but other than that

The good news is you can still buy the ones you want (or make them obv)

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Is the ice cream the chewy kind, like at Cold Stone? If you're not used to that, I could understand it feeling fake and gummy even though it can be premium/real

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Zero VGS posted:

Yeah that's exactly what it's like. Which I also had once and hated.
Yeah that's super primo, it's just New England style. Minimal air and a lot of egg yolks and fat
https://www.seriouseats.com/dense-rich-chewy-new-england-ice-cream-recipe

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Able to open cans is a truly incredible level of crafty. Unironically, stage it again with a phone set up to record it for America's Funniest Videos. $20k if you win an episode, $100k if you win the season

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

pentyne posted:

For all the deep freezer/chest freezer owners, have you ever had any issues with extended power loss? Are some models better at holding temp if kept shut during a nasty winter storm/outage?

I remember a while back talking about it with my dad, and he remembers growing up in the midwest every couple of years the winter storms would kill the power for long enough that the storage freezer would thaw and they had to throw everything out, so he doesn't believe in storing frozen food like that.
I don’t know what they were up to in the midwest, but here in New England, if we lose power due to a snowstorm, we simply put the frozen things in a snowbank

(Actually that’s a good way to get raccoons, but we definitely put them in unheated garages, barns, summer porches, etc. But it’s pretty amazing to look out at a major snowstorm and say “there’s no way we can keep food from thawing, better trash it all”)

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Ice-cold water up my rear end in a top hat is literal torture. Running an electric line and an outlet and keeping water hot 24/7 for a hot-water bidet is a degenerate level of decadence. I’m good with Charmin thanks

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Wendigee posted:

You want Charmin strong or whatever. It's in the red bag not the blue.
agreed this is the only worthwhile option. BJ’s carries it

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
They have 25% of your fiber RDA in one bar. Stepping up your fiber will do that until you get used to it. More fiber is almost always good, but it takes a little while to adjust

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

poverty goat posted:

https://www.bonappetit.com/story/why-costco-rotisserie-chicken-taste-soapy

pretty damning exposé about the true cost of cheap costco chicken. makes you wonder what kind of horrible poo poo they put in the hotdogs to keep costs down

what a bunch of monsters
I’m gonna go ahead and guess that if the soapy taste is only happening to an incredibly tiny minority of chickens, it’s not about a systemic issue at the chicken farm or processing plant or anything else. It’s probably occasional busy kitchen randos in the back of a store who clean something and then forget to change their gloves before grabbing a chicken. :ms:

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
It’s not cute but it is way cheaper and at least as effective as, if not better than, commercial air purifiers. The “Corsi” guy is the dean of engineering at UC Davis and probably not a huge moron.

This study has some nice colored graphs for you to look at: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2022.01.09.22268972v1.full

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
BtB dissolves for me. I know exactly the grit you mean, but I also get that in brothy soup without BtB. I don’t mind it, though

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Frozen pizzas are simple to file vertically

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Should’ve gotten some! Reverse sear is the way to go

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Those little cornbread rectangles are gross, but if you toast them (individually, or broil a bunch to serve), they become excellent.

The mini croissants are also killer

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I absolutely can’t understand why those aren’t called “just the tip”

probably they made them change it early in the process, but drat

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Maine already had BJ’s to fulfill its residents’ need for 50-lb bags of rice plus a rotisserie chicken

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
It happens when the towels haven’t been washed enough. It doesn’t happen at the gym because they go through industrial laundry constantly

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
How much extra does that cost?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I wish they had hot-smoked salmon. How do you have 5 varieties of cold-smoked salmon and none of hot!!!

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I would absolutely be smoking all manner of foods 24/7 if I didn’t live in an NYC apartment with no outdoor space

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Did Costco really get rid of the jumbo Better than Bouillon jars? Any chance it’s seasonal? The regular little jars just go so fast when you’re making soup and stuff

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Taima posted:

I'm gonna be that guy for a second, sorry, but if you're buying rotisserie chickens with any frequency,
I’m not, I’m actually a big sneak. I don’t have a Costco membership because there are no Costcos around here, but I can go a couple times a year when I’m visiting family for holidays, or I can occasionally ask them to pick up something for me.

I do keep the bones and make stock when I roast chickens, but I go through it faster than that this time of year. Also the beef BtB as Soul Dentist said.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
The Le Creuset thing is not a great deal because only like 4 pieces are actual cast iron. The rest is stoneware, where you’re just paying for the brand name rather than any special quality.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Snuck into Costco with my honorary aunt, got out again with two huge things of Better than Bouillon, some vitamins, one of those mini waffle maker sets, and a bag of roasted AND SKINNED!!! hazelnuts for baking. And those gorgeous huge vanilla beans. King poo poo.

I’m hoping to sneak back in at Thanksgiving and probably drop $80 on one of those giant fur rugs if they still have them

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

pentyne posted:

I don't normally go in for chocolate 'cluster' type snacks since most have almonds or nuts. Saw the Kirkland Caramel Smores and decided to try, "kettle cooked caramel" was unique enough to catch my eye.

Holy poo poo, is this just straight up crack cocaine level good, I'm not a huge caramel person in general but this is like real actual strong caramel flavor going on as opposed to just mass of sugary texture.
You are looking for the Sanders caramels

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I just had my first Sanders caramels of the year, and they were…extremely average. I feel betrayed. They’re so much thinner than they used to be that the ratio is off and you only taste chocolate. Did people not want a 1” cube that was 300 calories????

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Huh mine taste the same as years past and it's a big problem for me.
I actually got mine from BJ’s. Take a pic of your nutrition label and we’ll see if they’re enshittifying it or what

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Too lazy for a pic but it's 180 calories in a 2 piece serving.
Apparently! These (dark) are 2 pieces (28g) for 130

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
If you were wearing a good mask, it wouldn’t have affected you unless he spit into your eyeball. He’s a piece of poo poo, but the actual harm he caused is basically a toddler sticking his tongue out. It’s okay to move on

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
He’s already been talked to, and he’s getting talked to again by higher-ups. The question is should you arrange your schedule around going back to start a physical fight and shove a trash can at him. The sane answer is obviously no.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I always think a churro sounds good but then I contemplate a dry-rear end churro vs. an ice cream. If the churros came with a little pot of dark hot fudge, it would have changed the game.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

KakerMix posted:

:confused:
How'd they get the cart in the first place though, saying someone uses it as a walker (hello my SO's grandmother) doesn't change the fact that the arrive at the store sans cart.
My mom deliberately parks near carts in the parking lot, like next to the cart that’s chilling by itself on an island.

regardless I would suggest not getting your sense of morality from 4chan

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Shocked you went to a bunch of burger places and discovered burgers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Worst case, what happens, you have to go back to Costco

Eat that muffin