Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

ShowTime posted:

Wow, this is completely different than what happens at my local. Everyone just gets in line and the line is usually quite long. Just today when I got gas the lines were about 4 deep in every lane. My local is one of those with only 2 pumps too. Sometimes, especially around lunch, you'll see the line stretching out into the main thoroughfare. So each lane is like, 6 deep, and then 1 longer line full of all the people waiting for spots to open up.

This is exactly how my church operates as well. The true Costco way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Medullah posted:

I realized I was successful in life when I made the decision to not ever wait in line for gas for 10c a gallon savings.

I don't think I've ever waited more than 4 minutes for gas at Costco, and that was a rare situation. I can usually pull right up to a pump if I time my trip for non-peak hours.

For a few weeks in July my Costco was almost 70 cents below all other competitors. It was nuts!

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Dog in question

Yeh :hmmyes:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Finally went to the 'co after maybe 6+ months.

Mods????

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

The chicken bakes have gotten thinner in my 'Co since the pandemic. Not nearly as much meat in them, either.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Come cruise Alaska. Give us all your money and then please leave.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Toxic Mental posted:

What's it like living in the soon to be only-inhabitable in the summer US state in 50 years

You're gonna have weather like Oregon used to pretty soon

Oh, between the forest fires, earthquakes, and habitat destruction, it's pretty nice.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

We started buying the Alpha Foods Crispy Chik'n Patties this spring. Tasty, store in the freezer forever, about the same price as real chicken patties, and contain stupidly high amounts of protein for their calories.

Seriously. 12-13g protein for a 170 cal patty. Regular chicken patties are like 9g protein per 200 cal patty.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

skipdogg posted:

I’ve always assumed Costco loses money on those pies. I can’t buy the ingredients for that pie for what they sell it for.

Economies of scale are pretty neat when you're snapping up a billion gallons of pumpkin goo

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

These 505 green chiles are so good what the gently caress

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

strangehamster posted:

Are the Kirkland Signature soups good? I want to get the Broccoli Cheddar and Chicken Tortilla unless they’re cheap and bland.

The Chicken Tortilla is good. Haven't had the BC

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Anyone try these pupusas?

I'll eat anything made by Del Real Foods.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

"Have a merry Christmas or I will kill you"

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

I'm pretty sure I got the shepherd's pie this year and I was very unimpressed for it being $20 (here).

I literally had a shepard's pie in the oven last night when you posted this.

Based on the binned up leftovers, we're getting seven servings out of the thing for about $19. I had leftovers for lunch today and it tasted more flavorful than last night, but just in general it's a pretty bland recipe. Off the top of my head it would benefit greatly from Worcestershire sauce, additional pepper, and an acid like lemon or lime. Maybe some sour cream.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

DamnitGannet posted:

Had two members yelling and fighting in the line for food court yesterday. On three separate occasions someone had to come out and break it up before they finally left. I really don’t understand grown adults freaking out about waiting in line and skipping the line and the swearing and the yelling that ensues. It was very uncomfortable and I still can’t get over that I had to say “I don’t care who started it, it ends now” to people my age. I know the hot dogs are good but come on!!

Probably mad about the onions

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Only five kitkats? I'm calling the cops

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

The Chad Jihad posted:

Costco has replaced my beloved Don Miguel mini tacos with Don Lee regular tacos, confusing emotions right now

Yeah I noticed this last weekend. RIP Don Miguel mini-tacos. Fuckin' loved those things with some 505

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

numberoneposter posted:

Picked up a bag of these cause they were on sale but I'm not sure what to think about the flavor. Hasn't really slowed me down I guess, but the other BOLD flavors like wasabi and soy flavor are way better.

The wasabi ones are GOATED

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

metachronos posted:

Got a $100 Costco gift card as one if my Xmas gifts PBUC. What should I buy?

66 hot dogs + drink (with refill)

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Oh wow I didn't know that. Cool!

I think all the big box stores do this now. I can log in to Fred Meyers and see my transaction history. I've returned stuff to Lowe's and they can pull up my entire transaction history with a swipe of my credit card. Receipts ain't worth much these days

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

bird with big dick posted:

costco crab wouldn't do that

Crab lags maybe

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

how long can a costco chicken stay good in room temp

in days

asking for a friend

In days? .10 to .25. Don't let cooked chicken just hang out at room temperature. Eat it after you bring it home from the Co or put it in the fridge.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

My bed is made of latex and my sex swing is made of bullet-proof lucite

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

slurm posted:

I think car prices are plummeting, my boss saw some big truck he wanted drop like 30k

Used car prices are just starting to come down 1-2% points, but new car prices are still trending up. I've seen 2023 outlooks that the new car prices will eventually be down 5% by the end of the year, but we're not even to the top of the curve yet. Sticker prices went up, folks are buying more expensive cars, and fees+adjustments over MSRP are still elevated. Combine all that with increased interest rates and people are paying way more, on average, than a few years ago even accounting for inflation.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

The Thai Red Curry with Chicken loving rules, goddamn. This stuff https://snapdragonfood.com/products/thai-red-curry-15-oz

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Mr.Acula posted:

You all seem to love Costco so much but have any of you even reached climax in one?

If Costco is so good then where's Costco 2???

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Went to Costco today and left with more money than i arrived with.

PBUC

Did you also return a 3 year old bed frame?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

sieve jorbs posted:

It's amazing how loving slow so many people are when getting gas. I'm routinely in and out before the person who was already filling up takes the nozzle out.

I once got stuck behind some lunatic who wiped every single thing they touched with individual wipes.

Open the car: wipe the inside handle first
Pull out your membership card: wipe it
Scan your card: wipe it
Open your gas door: wipe the gas cap
etc etc

Absolutely unhinged and outright heretical behavior at the font.

Spray em down with gas next time. That'll speed them up

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Wendigee posted:

this is costcos way of telling you to get lasik or whatever the newer better version is

Lasik 2

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Slip posted:

Went today and the Robert Irvine protein bars were 30% off. Got like a years supply for around 100 bux :toot:

Hell yeah we snapped some up as well. The mint ones taste better imo but weren't on sale

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

StormDrain posted:

Should I go to Costco?

"Yes, always!" Orson Welles, 1970

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

pencilhands posted:

just a word of warning, you WILL violently rip rear end if you eat one.

Worth it imo

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

ShowTime posted:

Oh that's lame. Costco really cutting back on some of what makes them great.

Might go infiltrate a Sam's Club tomorrow to see what their food court looks like.

Costco gives you so much and this is how you pay them back? Pathetic. Deeply disappointing.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

drat, the take-home gyro kits are pretty good. $20, plenty of meat, sauce, and fixings to fill six pitas. Put the pita in the microwave for about 15 seconds to soften them up.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Renegret posted:

The gyro meat is lamb I'm assuming?

Yep. The meat is light on seasoning but I pretty much expected that. Dumped in some garlic powder, cumin, oregano, rosemary, dill, thyme, salt, and pepper while it was in the skillet heating up and it tasted better.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Science says two G's is the best

https://arstechnica.com/science/2023/04/science-confirms-it-the-best-kimchi-is-made-in-traditional-clay-jars-onggi/

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Chinatown posted:

been drinkin' the canned coldbrew on the regular lately. its good.

One of a handful of 'Co items I can't buy because I'll eat/drink them all within like two days of getting home. I can't resist their siren song

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

canyoneer posted:

I have great news for you. There's a new lid that isn't the twisty kind that gets blocked.

Hell yeah, hopefully that'll be available in 2025 when I finish off my current jug of bbq sauce

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

I liked the gyro kit, too. The meat just needs seasoning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Onions will be dispensed via pneumatic tube