Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

AnoHito posted:

What in costco's glorious name is wrong with you, and why haven't you been stopped??

Needs onions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Zeluth posted:

I like that PayPal accepts burn me cards.

What are those

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Cool!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

jisforjosh posted:

Edit: unsalted butter supremacy

:wrong:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Alucard posted:

Anyone got a line on a 5kg salt lick from Costco for my butter seasoning needs?

My last trip didn't yield too much interesting but I did pick up a big tub of pub mix nuts with some honey sesame straws, cashews, almonds, and two types of peanuts. Pretty tasty and more interesting than GORP

I hope the pub mix was unsalted so you could delicately season them yourself by individual ingredient

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Just use lube

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

halokiller posted:

Oregon and NJ got it right by having someone pump your gas for you.

Truly the most bilious and wretched statement of confusion to spew forth from the black heart of late stage capitalism. If you can't trust someone to put fuel in a vehicle you certainly can't trust them to drive it anywhere

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Even Dunkin cold brew is serviceable black and unsweetened. It's literally the opposite of what you said, where it's supposed to not have the bitterness of a traditional drip and is more easily drinkable plain.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Ohtori Akio posted:

it just tastes like mud op. i'll take a bitter sour drip any day over excess particulate

granted i do sometimes just chug it plain and it's fine but it's born to have milk in

Filter your coffee goober

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Ohtori Akio posted:

the very fine particulates in coffee are present no matter how you make it and are significantly more present in cold brew. the tradeoff for the lack of bitterness or acidity ('drinkability') is the higher particulate content, which doesn't feel like anything in your mouth, it just tastes kinda muddy. filtering correctly, like any industrial maker will do, typically eliminates more of them but not all.

now, if I have a fundamentally very muddy low-flavor coffee beverage? hit that with milk now i'm drinking coffee flavor milk. love it

My brother in Costco please please allow me to introduce you to modern filtration methods. Anything from nut milk (lol) bags to fine mesh to the paper filters your Hoover-era great grandparents used to settling and fining to a loving vacuum powered felt pad. Coffee, for me, is a particulate-free beverage at all times and I want you to have the same

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
What the gently caress do you think a diner will do to espresso or (inshallah) you do to tea at home? You don't have to like it but because you got some dirt in it ain't an excuse to not like it.

Oh my god I'm melting down because somebody can't figure out how to separate phases of matter

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Ohtori Akio posted:

the particulate in espresso is good and necessary. i would not trust a diner's espresso. tea doesn't really need to be filtered, a few leaves here and there are no big deal.

agree that you're melting down.

May everything you ever drink be gritty and no caffeine reduce your morning headache

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

astral posted:

3-packs of those regularly go on a $10 off sale at Sam's Club

:chloe:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

devmd01 posted:

an insane amount of icing.

Too much icing is the worst part of almost every bad cake I've had. PBUC

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Count the "G"s!

If two you see alright you'll be
If one is there buyer beware
If three are spoke you must clear your throat

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Re: Keto

Please keep in mind the Realgood brand chicken enchiladas are lower in quality than cat food and are one of the most returned items at my store. I literally couldn't make it through a single one. The worst thing I've ever seen at Costco.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Lemme just say that this:

Is a hosed up thing to name a food

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Beaver and geese are also pescatarian, but a little harder to find nowadays

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
No geese are just adult barnacles please read up on your science

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Not very filling because they don't exist though

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Cleveland sauerkraut is actually pretty good, if you like caraway. I would expect this for the same reason I'd expect their kimchi to suck: because "Cleveland"

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Disagree, I think they're behind only Melona bars in the Costcopsicle pantheon

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Lol without looking at it closely I assumed it was a heat map for people named Kevin and it still made sense

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
The first word being "sweet" turned me off from buying because that's extremely not my joy. Is that accurate?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Goodnight brave pube warrior

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Nah avocados and bananas are both bad ideas from Costco

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
What does a black mark on your account do? Will they remove your membership?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
From the Nextdoor thread:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

ShowTime posted:

Kibun's Healthy Noodles are back to an affordable price, but I think it's because they are being discontinued. They are ending in .97, which means they are gone for good, right? Or just gone for a certain amount of time? They used to be under $10, then got marked up to $18 and now they are back down to $9.97. I'd recommend them if you want a low carb, low calorie noodle substitute. Just add a little butter and Italian herbs and you have a delicious side item that's only about 150 calories, 0 carbs, super tasty and filling.

The other issue I ran into today was all the egg cartons had broken eggs in them. Never seen that.

Oh my god these are disgusting. Just eat zucchini!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
S**'s Club doesn't have anything worth keeping track of so anybody can just hand scan whatever.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Ah yes car batteries. Those things that notably never produce sparks

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

Speak American, dammit!

(Each quarter gallon, I'm number one)

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
The best chicken bake I've eaten was when I had just bought Cholula on the same trip so I had hot sauce to douse it in the car

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
gently caress! It's messed up that it's not available in Bluegrass Kentucky.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
My diocese picked up kimchi (finally) but it's the god drat lovely brand with not a "g" in sight. Also I ordered a slice of pep and the food court dude gave me one off an obviously older inferior pie (while there were four slices of fresh pep just chilling). My faith is shaken. Somebody post a deal

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Boys it finally arrived:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Propaganda Hour posted:

Oh, between the forest fires, earthquakes, and habitat destruction, it's pretty nice.

If the Quarter Pound Plus All Beef Hot Dog With 20oz Drink and Refill is $1.50 in Alaska then there's no longer a reason to have traditional walrus, seal and whale hunts for subsistence food. PBUC I kid

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

PokeJoe posted:

Anyone got a Costco workbench? Been looking at the wheeled dealies. Probably the 31 or 48 inch wide one since I live in an apartment.

https://www.costco.com/trinity-48%22-x-26%22-stainless-steel-workbench.product.100481979.html

Looks quite nice but they're pretty pricey. I'm currently using a MDF target desk as a workbench as it sucks rear end

They are insanely expensive and you should just make your own as your first project

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Costco had AC window units last year that fit the bill. I got a 12000 BTU unit for like $250 and the 8000 BTU unit was even cheaper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Or an upright freezer if you prefer to stand