Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The Saucer Hovers posted:

i am going to the costco today

I might go tomorrow.

I'm in this annoying spot where I'm not sure if I should go this sale or the next. There's only a couple of on sale things I'm interested in and while there is some stuff we need we could easily hold off for another few weeks. But do I really want to give up that $4 off Beyond Burgs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Hello.

I do not eat mango but my mango smoothie experience is that the last time I attended my local Costco the lady ahead of me got one, took one sip and immediately asked for her money back. Thank you.

Kinda disappointed in the samples last time. Frozen pizza was nice I guess. Got random sale stuff like Beyond Burgers and picked up a handle of the Canadian whiskey.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

death cob for cutie posted:

also, there's this big jar of sea salt caramels that I got last time I was there and they were so loving good, I was hoping they'd still be there on my return and hot drat I am so excited. they taste real fuckin good!!

I assume that's the Sanders caramels. They're really drat good and I can't ever let myself buy them again lest I eat so many I turn into a caramel myself.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Hammu-rob-i posted:

What's your parking strategy? I sacrifice walk distance for low traffic (backing out of the spot) and ease of exiting the property. But it's better just to go before closing for all shopping KPI's

Get in right as the store is opening and park in the one shady spot in the entire lot. It's the furthest you can possibly get from the entrance but it means I'm encountering minimal foot or car traffic on the way out.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

gently caress the Cowboys.

Heading to my local 'co tomorrow to pick up the full-sized candy bar packs for Halloween because I am that house in the neighborhood.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I don't want to hear that Costco.com is bad because I just bought a laptop and now I'm nervous. :ohdear:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

SirPablo posted:

As cool as church is, the most pathetic job is trying to sell water heaters to people walking out the door.

I was having a poo poo day last time I went and got a bit snippy with the solar panel guy. My dude, I already told you no the last time and my reason is that we already did look into it we were told it would be stupid for us to get them.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm gonna go to Costco tomorrow and buy some stuff and maybe do some Christmas shopping. Those $75 for $100 of gift cards packs are a real godsend this time of year.

E: went to the Aldi near me today and the instant coffee was like $3.79. Sucks but it's still cheaper than any other grocery store afaik.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Pershing posted:

Tried the FitCrunch bars, can confirm theyre great.

They're really good but you can get an even better protein bar at Costco for $1.50 with drink.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Forgot to add that I got this last time and it is really very good.

I normally only like to use rum as a mixer but you could drink this straight. $20. PBUC.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Late contributing to booze chat but I've felt the bourbon was kinda bland. The 12-year scotch isn't bad but isn't enough of an upgrade over the basic bitch blend to spring an extra $20 imo.

The scotch and the spiced rum are ridiculous value. I'll grant you that I only ever use the rum as a mixer. That 15-year stuff I just got though is wonderful and I've been having that with just an ice cube or two.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Do not pass GO. Do not collect hot dog.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Gaius Marius posted:

My grandmother is turning in her grave.

Shouldn't have buried her with that rotisserie.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

bird with big dick posted:

Time for some Costco & Sprouts sourced chili boys

Reverse the amounts of onions and garlic

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Zachack posted:

If you live in a "booze is a food group" state Costco has marked down the cheaper whiskey advent calendar to $30. Not the fancy Scotland one, the one is a big paper-ish box, comes with a glass and coaster. It's a lot of whiskey of unknown quality!

Awww, man I wish mine had these. All they had were wine and beer advent calendars.

pencilhands posted:

I got a $100 gift card to costco for christmas. What should i get?

Two $50 Costco gift cards.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Went to my local 'Co and got a hot dog. It was good and I'm pretty sure they undercharged me. I also took the cup next to it they must've left out for someone else and got a drink. :twisted:

Picked up some more of those Fitcrunch protein bars and Korean crunchy chicken, as well as a handle of rum which I know people here hate but pretty much all I use it for is mixing in cocoa or rum & cokes. And I blew a hole in my beer budget this month so I have to go cheap where I can.

Took a risk on the Realgood Foods pepper jack burritos. We did not like the enchiladas we had the one time but this was like $2/burrito and I figured tit was worth a shot at that price.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Johnny Truant posted:

Is this too long for a thread title

Costco: Intentional Weird Cheese Dreams

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

smoobles posted:

Yesterday's Costco cookie gave me diarrhea, but today's Costco cookie made me constipated. Life is a funny thing sometimes.

Gotta eat two for nicely balanced poo.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Bum the Sad posted:

4 cookies in the afternoon
the tireshop guy takes you in the back and sodomizes you with a lug wrench

Great haiku.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

ixo posted:

I can't stop eating these

especially when you get to the bottom of the package, and the last few almonds are just buried in a pile of the extra seasoning.... please help, I'm more than halfway through my second bag in like, two weeks...

What are the herbs in that? Is that rosemary?

Target used to have rosemary olive oil almonds around Christmas and I would buy a jar and finish the entire thing myself. They were ridiculously good.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Soul Dentist posted:

And oregano!

Yeeeeah, gonna have to grab a bag. I fuckin' love rosemary.

That being said, I'm not going to Costco today. And you know what? I might not go tomorrow.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm mad at Costco because they didn't have any hot dogs in the fridge section, so the only hot dog I could get was the $1.50 hot dog with drink in my way out. But not really mad because I'm an adult. Also found a nice bottle of scotch for cheaper than my local bottle shop.

Not exactly sure what the problem was but the guy ahead of me in line was being an rear end, calling the cashier stupid and asking what the hell was wrong with her. Kudos to the cashier who managed to stay neutral about the whole thing instead of punching him in his stupid face.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I've never had issues with parking st my Costco but I only ever go at like 10 AM in the middle of the week.
It is sadly without a gas station though.

There is another one about equidistant that has one, but it's in a way busier area and their booze selection is tiny.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

namlosh posted:

The “motor city??” Deep dish square frozen pizzas are the bomb but I’ve only had the meat one. Surprised they don’t come up more often. $13.99 for 2 and heated up in the oven in 20 minutes

I got them once and they were okay. There are way worse frozen pizzas but they weren't incredible or anything.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

bird with big dick posted:

Another successful Costco barbecue

It's great you got the wood for the pit. Whatcha gonna put on the grill when it's ready?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I would like to go to my Costco and get a hot dog but won't have a chance to until like two weeks from now. :smith:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Going to church today for my yearly bottle of tequila. :c00l:

Well, and some other stuff too.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

Why is it 100% vegetarian fed, so the feeders don't tell it how delicious it's going to become?

Fancier that way. You know how expensive it is to feed a cow nothing but vegetarians?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Had a dream where I went to Costco to return a video game and they only gave me $47.95 for it because I had played it for a few days. The food court had been replaced by a Starbucks.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Having the last of the 15 year old Kirkland rum I bought a few months ago. Very delicious. Sad it's gone now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

StormDrain posted:

My hypothesis is that it's the right combo of, too late for old folks and young folks value that time for leisure.

Edit, and middle folks are too tired from the week and just want a drat break. They'll go on Saturday as part of weekend chores.

Going to Costco... a chore? :confused: