Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
how are you making cold brew if you are dealing with sediment? You're supposed to let the coffee sit for a few days, then filter and store in the fridge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Soul Dentist posted:

Too much icing is the worst part of almost every bad cake I've had. PBUC

I've never gotten into icing enough to know the terms, but I pretty much hate anything that's more then at most 1/4" of icing and it needs to be the kind that sets firm in the fridge so it's practically crunchy.

Yes I did eat an entire buttercream frosting sheet cake as a child and threw up violently.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Smugworth posted:

My Costco family, I come to you bearing grave news. I could not make it to the church yesterday and had to refill my kimchi fridge yesterday with what was available at my other local grocer.

It was not Jongga (the one with two "g"s), the brand we all love and trust. Or even Nasoya, my go-to before I discovered the glorious perfection that is Jongga.

No, it was "Cleveland Kimchi", and you guessed it folks, it fuckin blows.

Besides ostensibly originating in Cleveland loving Ohio, the "probiotic" branding is a dead giveaway that this kimchi is more like crapchi.

Might be good on a $1.50 hotdog, it's more kraut than kimchi.

Nothing fermented that is sold in a plastic bag can be good.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
god drat the jongga kimchi is insane.

I really need to limit how much I eat at once because i think it's pretty high in sodium. Otherwise the bottle is like 2-3 days supply.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Soul Dentist posted:

Nah avocados and bananas are both bad ideas from Costco

Compared to what?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The apple boxes are absolute top tier for carrying and stacking, so much so I will literally empty a half full apple box and take the now empty box even if I don't need a box.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

FCKGW posted:

Costco has big tubs of Folgers on sale so I drink that.

I’m reminded of all the savings with every sip

The Kirkland instant coffee is even cheaper

Also, the main reason I would go to Sam's Club was their instant coffee brand. Costco finally got a good one in the last year or so that you absolutely must try. The trick is that if the dried coffee is in granules but not powder it's probably a much higher quality product.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

jeeves posted:

It’s kind of sad that the chicken and hotdog is literally at the behest of a CEO during a profitable time for the company. The first quarter this publicly traded corporation will have an unprofitable quarter or something, the shareholders will can the CEO and get in something to raise all prices or something evil because gently caress all publicly traded companies.

Probably not because the stock hit they would take would certainly cancel it out.

They could raise the price if everything except the hot dog combo but when that changes it becomes international news and their stock gets walloped.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Toxic Mental posted:

Sam's Club must be destroyed as do all who shop there

Costco must take them over install industrial shredders that people fall into when they walk through the Sam's Club doors

Not before they steal the hand scanner checkouts and the scan as you shop and check out immediately app

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Smugworth posted:

What kind of kimchi do you think S**'s C**b carries

They don't.

Not ever sure if they have saurkraut.

Weirdly, they always have better variety and stock of cleaning supplies.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
If you want something similar, I think everyone has been really positive on the microwavable tamales in the fridge section.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Enos Cabell posted:

All this talk of chicken nuggets and nobody has posted the best ones, smdh

These things loving rule

Gardein as a brand has some of the absolute best vegan meat options.

Gaius Marius posted:

That's not great macros compared to actual chicken though.

If you're trying to get protein and macros on a vegetarian diet, those fake meat alternatives aren't going to be high on the list.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Wonder what they would do if you just bought the 10 lb bag of onions, took over a table, and just started dicing up onions into a bowl container like you see at all the taco shops.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

bob dobbs is dead posted:

apparently ikea's longstanding 5 sek (50 cent) hot dog has had its price raised to 7 sek

costco remains

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/APllxA/ikea-hojer-priset-pa-varmkorvsfavoriten

this is how an empire dies

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Incremus posted:

I made an appointment. As Jingleheimer mentioned you can fill out all your info ahead of time that way, so all I had to do was walk up to the window, sign one thing, and then they did the shot right away.

I accept your apologgy

Posting from my Costco Pendleton blanket right now, I'm never getting out from under this thing, this is the life

Buy two blankets, use one as a pillow.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Propaganda Hour posted:

I'll eat anything made by Del Real Foods.

What were the enchiladas that everyone agreed were disgusting trash? I would've sworn it was Del Real foods brand.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Oh yeah, they were not good

Soul Dentist posted:

Re: Keto

Please keep in mind the Realgood brand chicken enchiladas are lower in quality than cat food and are one of the most returned items at my store. I literally couldn't make it through a single one. The worst thing I've ever seen at Costco.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The standard would be if they are edible with slathering on some 505 sauce.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

X JAKK posted:

For some reason, the smell of heating up Lil' Smokies is the most noxious odor to me, and freakin nobody else can smell it

Is it when they add them straight to a hot pan with all the gross package juice? That usually has a foul smell like few other things.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Bought the box of Guiltless Gourmet Roasted Chestnuts thinking they'd make a healthy snack. Turns out I don't think I like eating whole chestnuts?

What can you really do with this? It almost seems like snacking on them is not their intended use and they're supposed to be used in cooking or baking.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Any opinions on the cauliflower pizzas at Costco? I was surprised to see at least 2 different brands on sale. I've had ones that were completely terrible and ones that tasted almost but not quite like a really nice crunchy thin crust pizza.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
new jamon just dropped

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Never forget

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Zero VGS posted:

Yeah of all the things they nixed from the food court that's one of the most confounding. It can just sit in a vat and you can ladle it out. Fast to serve and if it isn't profitable you can just like, portion out less of it or charge a bit more, it's chili. If loving Wendy's can handle it I'm sure Costco can. Though Wendy's has the advantage of being able to dump all the old or hosed up burgers into it.

Also, Stagg canned chili they sell sucks. I loved it as a kid but either it got worse or my taste got batter.

They can make the chili with the old hot dogs.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Those pupusas are legit, 2 in the microwave for 2 minutes and they're a solid quick meal.

Definitely misses the crisp from the grill or steaming hot melty cheese insides but with some kind of salsa/guac they work great.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Tokelau All Star posted:

Last week I had a tupperware of kim chee and chopped Costco rotisserie chicken for lunch three times.

eat less salt

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Anyone buy a Costco TV mount, and then get the install package? I thought part of the plan was they would only do an install for a TV wall mount you bought in store. Mine recently tore out of the wall and destroyed my TV. I took some photos and my buddy says the screws they used were basically picture frame ones or something, completely too small.

I asked my neighbor who has some big 75" TV's installed on wall mounts as well, same Costco frame+install, and they said after the install the tech said not to ever move or adjust the TV in the frame, even though the entire point of those frames was to have some freedom of movement however small.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Sorry, what I meant was, I got a costco mount and paid for their install service in Feb, that was what led to the destroyed TV this month. I didn't pay too close attention but the guy who installed it basically completely hosed it up. Not sure what kind of refund I can get for the service but I submitted a claim on the Costco website regardless.

The comment about "don't move the TV" also came from some Costco install tech as well.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jan 1, 2023

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Wall

TV Mount

TV

TV was a Samsung 43in.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jan 1, 2023

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

bird with big dick posted:

lmao is that screw in the middle picture what was securing the mount to the wall jeeeeeezus fuckin christ its so short it probably penetrated like 1/2" into the stud I would trust that size of screw to hold up a 5 pound picture frame

Same size as the one in the top, the blurry white bit is a drywall anchor I guess. You can see from the pressure mark on the bottom part of the wall that it's been doing this for a fair bit.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I'm just now realizing he used the washers because the screw head was too small for the mount holes.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Zero VGS posted:

Slammed my van into the fire lane at 5:55pm on a Sunday, Ace Ventura style, didn't mean to show up 5 minutes before closing but traffic was stupid. Rolled into the returns counter with 3 carts to hold everything and avoid scratches. Cheery Haitian lady asked for my order number which pulled up from my email; she nor I mentioned the original purchase date and I'm not sure she ever even noticed it. I said "didn't like it" and that was enough for her, not so much as a raised eyebrow from anyone.

$2124.99 back on my Visa:

During the next quarterly investors meeting Costco will announce that they are raising the price of the hot dog and cite you specifically as the reason why.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I will say that costco sushi is consistently worse then any grocery store sushi I've ever gotten.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

david_a posted:

Has CostCo ever sold that shelf stable tofu that comes in little bricks? I usually get that because the amount of tofu in one package is more appropriate for how I use it. Would be nice to buy a 6 or 12 pack.

Edit: I think the brand I buy is Mori-Nu

I saw them once in Costco about a year ago and not since. The little sealed cardboard boxes? They were nice but insanely hard for me to open without damaging the tofu block.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
update on the tv install, costco takes no responsiblity because they contract with the third party, and the company Handy says since I didn't report it 72 hours after install I'm not eligible for a refund.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

You waited three days to report a problem?

The install was in March, it ripped out of the wall a few weeks ago.

Their rule is you have 72 hours after install to report an issue, and then nothing.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

strangehamster posted:

Which credit card did you use?

just a personal card

Lesson learned, Handy as a company is basically 100% great job or 0% trash because they just throw out the gigs to whoever they can find as quickly as possible. Sometimes it's someone who's put up hundreds of TVs, others it'll be a guy who shows up without the correct tools to even to it.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Costco says they specifically do not refund a TV for any physical damage.

It's a poo poo situation but I'm lucky it was only $300 and not like $2k for a 4k OLED and had this happened.

Gonna keep calling up the companies and complain as much as I can, see how escalated it gets. There's no way Costco doesn't deal with complaints from people with Handy installs on a regular basis, there's literally a 1:1 rate of 5 star and 1 star reviews.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jan 27, 2023

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

smoobles posted:

I love Sam's club

why don't you marry it then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Does it mean anything if a business isn't BBB accredited?

https://www.bbb.org/us/ny/new-york/profile/internet-service/handy-0121-143222

Oh, and shocker Handy is being sued by the state of CA for labor violations.