Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Awhile back I picked up a box of these haunted house gummies for $2.97

I finally got around to eating a few handfuls and they are delicious. Incredible perfect gummy texture. Good flavors. They even smell nice.

They also contain so much food coloring that I’ve been dropping disturbingly blue logs for the past couple days. Not sure if that’s a pro or a con for these things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

El Jebus posted:

A cabin, what else do you build with logs?

A haunted cabin

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Has anyone tried this?

I am intrigued but also somewhat horrified by the concept of plant based sparkles

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Renegret posted:

I'm more intrigued at the idea of an animal based sparkle.

It’s not sparkles, but the ol’ Costco did have an animal based head scratcher on offer today

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Tokelau All Star posted:

Went to Costco yesterday, got a dog advent calendar

Is it human grade?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

They’re amazing. Completely worth it just don’t get the model with the attached electric toothbrush because that accessory is no good and the little charging hole for it is a hard to clean dust magnet.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Yeah, it’s a flossing supplement, not a replacement.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Don’t listen to the haters. Get yourself one of those spacesaver bags, throw your bird in there while it’s nice and hot, and squeeze/suck all that grease out with a shop vac. :colbert:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

binge crotching posted:

What the gently caress man

As long as it’s a chunky taco, a little squirt of mayonesa con limón is a heavenly topping.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

On my most recent trip, the local Costco was completely sold out of not only my beloved Clover half & half, but almost all dairy.

They did have some Strauss egg nog though, and I really needed something to dump in my coffee, so I went for it and it’s real good.

Still, I feel a tinge of sadness whenever I reach for the bottle and good ol’ Clo isn’t there creepily leering back at me.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Put it on a hot dog then put that in your pie hole

Also good on tacos

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

All this chili crunch talk got me craving some Chinese at breakfast time, so I threw a few slices of that fancy rear end Costco jamon in some congee with a bit of sautéed asparagus and it was divine. I was worried it would be a bit too salty with the doufu ru but it was perfect. A highly recommended method of ingress to ham heaven.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Mons Hubris posted:

Does freeze dried durian still have the smell?

It has a smell but not the smell

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

No youtiao with your congee????

With zero Covid on the way out I must now prepare my body. Not too skinny. Not too fat. I swear I’m going to do it. I’m gonna finally beat the Chinese people at their most ancient and cherished game.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Make American Costco Great Again Like it is in Mexico!!

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

numberoneposter posted:

gas station fried chicken :allbuttons:

Don’t you dare speak ill about Buc-ees. It’s like if a gas station had a Costco instead of Costco having a gas station.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

numberoneposter posted:

sorry i meant gas station fried chicken is the best

Some day you’ll know the glory

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Called up all the Costcos around here and they aren’t budging on $99. Hell on earth in these parts. Hope you appreciate living in el paraiso del jamon OP.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Lol at all these fools still cracking their studs with lags. Haven’t you heard the good news of our lord and fastener the structural screw?

Still better than the poor lost souls with tha little Phillips head dinks though

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Pennywise the Frown posted:

My friend on FB posted a few days ago about buying a bunch of crab lags from Costco and when she opened them they were blackish inside. Yikes.

That’s what happens when you wait two years for a return. Good news is Costco will take it.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Poopelyse posted:

what is a 'wall bed' anyway? like a murphy bed?

A common typo. It’s actually called a ‘wahl bed'.

TrashMammal fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jan 9, 2023

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

I was chatting with Dr Mrs Fontaine over lunch today and she’s all excited because a coworker filled her in on which Costco to visit to get what she described as “the good kind of sea cucumber”. And, uh… I’m just not so sure about this.

Does anyone have a recipe they can vouch for? Don’t think I can get out of this one unless I figure out a way to get banned from Costco for life within the next week or so.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

bob dobbs is dead posted:

1. put in cold water and rehydrate for 3 days in the fridge. change water 1/day
2. after the third day, poach 30 minutes. you can test doneness by poking it w/ a chopstick or something. you can add vinegar to reduce fishy smell. if they stick together just cut them apart. there wasn't too much sand or anything in there but be careful about the smell
3. it's more like 50 mins than 30

add to whatever seafood dishes

e: gently caress i thought you wanted instructions for cleaning and prep. i don't have any recipes for you sorry lol. use it anywhere you'd use octopus

Thanks! These are the frozen ones, not the dry ones, so I think the prep is a bit different. Good to know that they poach about like octopus though. That opens up a lot of possibilities.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

KakerMix posted:

Your link says they are at least partially dehydrated, then frozen. Don't know how that changes things, maybe they do that just to shrink them down?

Huh. I wonder what’s supposed to make these ones better then? Guess I’ll find out on second new year.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Wilkins Micawber posted:

Anybody know how the sushi at Sam's Club is? I had some kind of crunchy roll at Albertsons yesterday and it was pretty good and now I got the craving fierce. I figure, Sam's Club and Costco gotta be pretty much the same thing, right? Well, our little town only has the Sam's Club. Y'all have a happy Saturday now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtZi7nj-WYw

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Ziplock that sucker. Toss it in a beer cooler with 130° water for an hour or so. Pull it out. Pat it dry. Season with salt and pepper then give it the quickest sear you possibly can.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Wet rear end meat make that searing game weak

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Sad times. Made a special trip to a distant Costco and they were wiped. Not a sea cucumber to be found. At least I got a hot dog.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Zero VGS posted:

The Chinese supermarket stocks that too. My bf got it because he loves the white rabbit candies, but he didn't like the pops as much as the Boba pops.

Yeah, the pops are good but they don’t live up to the candy.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Fitzy Fitz posted:

And where do they keep the kimchi? That's another thing I haven't seen.

It’s not consistently stocked from Costco to Costco. Of the several that I get to pick from based on whatever traffic is least lovely for the day only two of them regularly have kimchi.

On lucky days I get to visit the one that has both double-g kimchi and Vicolo corn meal pizza. Those days are rare though because the god of this world is a hateful god.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Cheaper than Disneyland with eight times the thrills and a shorter line to boot :colbert:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

It’s not an experience until you wrap a pizza around that :colbert:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Thought I’d change it up with a chicken bake. Now I’m standing here waiting 8 minutes like a fool while everyone else downs their dogs.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Grabbed some of this elote dip that just dropped. It tastes like taco flavored yogurt but in a good way. Not what I expected but it’s a winner.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Anyone have one of those Kirkland Stearns & Foster mattresses? What are your thoughts? Is it at least less of a rip-off than every other mattress seems to be? Been waking up with aches and pains for awhile and figured it was all downhill from here. That is until I spent the other night in a hotel and realized this dumbass tuft and needle is what’s aging poorly.

Such a disappointing piece of garbage. Do yourself a favor and stay away from Tuft & Needle.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Resdfru posted:

guns being present. Central Texas
:thunk:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I have an S&F mattress, but I got it at a regular mattress store. We actually showed the cheaper Costco model to the salesman to negotiate a better price on ours. It's been great for about a year so far, but it's hard to judge a mattress in that little time.

How much did they let you argue it down? The Kirkland is running at $899 right now which I’d be pretty happy with but I’m open to apostasy if the deal is good.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Fitzy Fitz posted:

OK, more specifically, the price of the mattress itself stayed the same (closer to $2000), but we got free sheets, pillows, topper, box spring, delivery, and old mattress removal. The one at Costco was medium firmness and we were set on full firmness, so it was a bluff. I'm sure the salesman also felt like he was pulling one over on us, because otherwise he wouldn't have offered those things, but it was a way better deal than what they were offering beforehand.

Oh yeah no way am I giving up my faith for that. $899 delivered, removal included, and if it sucks I’ll strap the drat thing to the roof of my car and then it’s Costco’s problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Bum the Sad posted:

Costco website is like entirely separate from the physical stores, it's contents have zero relation to what's actually stocked in the stores.

You can call any store with an item number from the website and and get a stock confirmation and in-store price in just a minute or two.

Don’t call without items numbers unless you want to make new enemies.