Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

That's a rookie TV install, I've installed mounts into studs I could hang off of myself. Don't let Costco weasel out of compensating you for this, and don't trust their installers again either I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

I take public transit to church :smug: I self-checkout, load up my backpack then breeze on past the line at the door checkers since they don't seem to recognize you as a shopper if you're not pushing a cart. I'm usually in and out in under 10 minutes, and that's if I browse a little.

Tried the yakisoba chicken kit yesterday, pretty tasty and easy to put together if not a little bland, though some crispy garlic chili oil fixed that. Big fan of the peanut butter filled pretzels, dried apricots and coastal cheddar brick; have yet to grab a rotisserie chicken cause I need a separate bag for that due to the potential for juice leakage. Some day they will be mine though...

The chicken bake is overrated, sounds like it used to be better? I skip it and pack my pockets with dogs for the ride home.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Hit up the 'co with a car for the first time yesterday and wow, what a difference. Not a good one, mind you. Now I understand how all y'all can walk out with tons of stuff you didn't plan on buying; that's usually not an issue for me as I'm limited to what I can carry/fit in my backpack. I still mostly kept to my list but forced myself to just beeline for the registers eventually to avoid any more impulse grabs. The chicken bake and 3 dogs were definitely on the list, cranked the passenger seat heater to keep them toasty for the short trip home.

Also I discovered my Costco is the very first one #blessed. Still no polish though rip

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Ditto, maybe even twice

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

I breezed by the checkers on both my trips today but all I had in my hands was a couple glizzies. Also I hosed up and accidentally had two active memberships going at the same time (one personal, one business), customer service was happy to refund me for one though.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

How does the Rao's compare to the Kirkland-branded stuff? I've got a 3-pack I'm still working through so I can't realistically buy some more just to test right now. Also def gonna try that sauce recipe, I fuckin love butter

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Got a free gift with my Uline order and chose the Kanga 12-pack cooler since it looks like the perfect size to slide a roast chicken and a couple glizzies into

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Taima posted:

We have a business center in Seattle too but I've never been.
Where at? I'm not seeing it on their map/list of locations...

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Wendigee posted:

Vornados also last forever. loving thing just don't die and they move so much air.
I have 3, two of them are 8 years old and still going strong. Absolute beasts and fairly quiet as well.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

drat I got straight BARKED at for my membership card heading into self-checkout this morning. Like, ok, my arms are obviously full of stuff that I need to put down first, can you maybe take a breath while I get my phone out? There was a second employee in a bouncer stance at the end of the row of registers giving everyone the stink eye too.

Grabbed a latte freeze on a whim on the way out; nice treat on a hot morning but I wish it wasn't so sweet, couldn't even really taste any coffee. Disappointing, but not really surprising given their other coffee offerings.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

pentyne posted:

they are going hard on sharing/use memberships, you can't even pay with a credit card that isn't the same as the account name
I was alone and she dropped it as soon as I showed my phone, but I did have my backpack and mask on so maybe I looked like a potential shoplifter or something :shrug:

Ok I do always walk right past the receipt checkers at the door but I doubt she knew that...

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Was relish gone? I saw that available at Costco #1 today but didn't see any signs about onions. Forever mystified why the OG warehouse doesn't get special treatment especially when it comes to Food Court items.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

StormDrain posted:

It deters shoplifters while saving you some pain if you forgot your card.
I use the Costco app instead of always having to remember to have my card with me. It's far easier to pull my phone out then fish in my backpack for the card anyway.

Wendigee posted:

... Shop lifters? There's a line at the exit where you show your receipt lol

Gonna tuck 25 lbs of kimchi in your pants?
On most of my visits I buy just a few things and throw them in my backpack, and the receipt checkers barely even glance at me as I walk right past them and out the door. Nothing in my hands = no need to check a receipt I guess.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

I've been shopping this way at that location for a few years now and have never gotten any kind of push back or even a comment on it, and the few times that I've had my backpack on and a second bag in my hand they have stopped me and asked to check my backpack as well as the bag. I think they simply don't see me as a shopper if I'm not carrying something; being a decently-dressed white guy may have something to do with it too.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

MisterOblivious posted:

Add I have mentioned several times in the thread: they're very small and you need to run it on the highest setting to effectively clean the air in anything larger than a bathroom. The second setting is only good for around 150 sq ft or so.

Ignore any goon telling you to put it on auto. It's not effective. You may as well have saved your money because it's not doing a drat thing to improve your air quality on auto.
This. You need to pay attention to the CADR/ACH numbers as well as which fan setting they apply to (almost always the highest) and consider how many cubic feet of air you're trying to keep clean. Unless you live in a completely airtight coffin there is always new, unfiltered air leaking into your living space, and if the purifier can't stay ahead of that flow it's doing very little good. And once you do start crunching those numbers it becomes very clear why the cheap (~$100) homemade fan + filter CR boxes are so popular, because they massively out-perform most off-the-shelf options (like the Winix C545 with ~245 CADR at $129), or work just as well for a fraction of the price (like the Winix Tower XQ at ~425 CADR for $569).

Speaking of crap in the air, picked up some allergy pills and the Hello Kitty Pyrex set for the kid today, and an ice cream sundae for myself. Nobody checked my receipt.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Vornados kick rear end, I have several that are going on 8 years now and still running strong and quiet.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Snagged the Pure Earth Tencel Blend 4-piece Sheet Set as I need some new cool-sleeping summer sheets, and they def fit the bill. A steal at $34 (on sale right now). Also ordered a new LG washer/dryer combo, should be delivered in a few weeks. Pretty excited to not have to use my building's hosed up shared laundry rooms any more, plus I'll be able to use the big jug of Kirkland Signature Ultra Clean Free & Clear HE Liquid Laundry Detergent now too for additional savings.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

With all this gyro kit talk I had to try it, and that poo poo is cash money. They really hook you up with the tzatziki too. Will buy again.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

StormDrain posted:

It's the Irenne model, weirdly the tank is purely decorative.
The tank is where you rest your tablet/laptop/glizzy. smdh if you're still sitting forwards on your toilet like it's the 90's or something

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

pencilhands posted:

Costco dropping bud light!
...or just swapping it for a different size/SKU? They've done that many times before with other non-Kirkland products.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

From an employee on r/Costco: "16oz can is being replaced by a 24 pack of 12oz cans. No discontinuing"

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

That seems like...not very a good deal? Especially if you're only limited to two. Maybe there's some meta around gold bars I'm not aware of, just comparing it to current/past gold values.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

If you're into rum, the OG Seattle costco has a Flor de Cana 18, though only a couple cases and hidden in a back corner. I bought a bottle mostly just to encourage them to stock more better rums.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

My washer/dryer delivery for Friday was canceled, with no new date available yet :qq:

Costco logistics were very helpful on the phone though so I have faith this will still end well

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

I had a big-rear end TV delivered by them two years ago and there were no problems, so I'm not too worried. Just bummed I won't get to play with my new washer this weekend :(

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Upgraded your dinner plans you mean

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Hit up the 'co on my way home from work, snagged a Motor City Pizza Co. Double Pepperoni Pizza 2-pack, some salsa, and a strawberry sundae for the road. Hot af out today, it really hit the spot.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

The bagels coming out of the Seattle location are barely more than rolls with holes; very soft and squishy, a far cry from a proper bagel. Hard pass especially with Loxsmith only 10 minutes away.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

I saw strawberry soft serve in the Seattle 'co as of a few weeks ago

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

SwissArmyDruid posted:

In case you were wondering, the FLTR company that was making masks for costco closed up shop. Did some digging, they were basically a chinese importer with no actual production of their own.

A pity, because I liked those masks (the tent kind), and only have another 50 or so.
That sucks cause those were really cheap and I could afford to give them out free to customers (I wear better masks myself); I tried to stock up last week and apparently I missed them getting pulled from shelves by one day.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Alan Smithee posted:

Anyone know if they got boosters
Store #1's pharmacy page says they'll have the new vaccines "late September or early October". The boosters are done, no longer allowed to dispense them.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Wow Costco bagels are awful. Where do they even get off calling these things bagels?? It'd probably help if they finishing baking them, for one.

wtf am I going to do with all this cream cheese now

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Cithen posted:

Costco bagels are at least better than Thomas's
They actually aren't though, at least not the ones I got from store #1. They're about the furthest thing from a bagel that I've ever eaten and oh boy have I eaten a lot of bad bagels

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

PBUC

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

I also was hyped for the beef bucket but no sign of it at store #1. Did pick up a couple boxes of the Kirkland Belgian Luxury Chocolates though, as well as a shot of Novavax and a glizzy for the walk back to the bus (asked for and received onions). They handed me a room-temp can of Pepsi with the dog which was a little odd, guessing the soda machines were down or something. Still, a successful trip. PBUC

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

bird with big dick posted:

My wife and I made pizza last night let me see if I can find a picture
There's already a thread for that https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3940135

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Once I tried the Motor City Pizza Co. Double Pepperoni Pizza I've not bothered with any other frozen pizzas from the 'co. They cook up great in my toaster oven.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

There are free sticks outside, you can just take them. I have 400 sticks at home

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Is Halloween candy on sale yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

My little brother snuck into my room and ate my entire Halloween candy stash one year, I'm still trying to heal and this is way cheaper than therapy