Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

testifeye posted:

What was your experience like with the A/C unit? Did you buy a window or standing unit, or a full house system?

I had a full house system installed and it went great. The salesman pointed out a couple of issues with the original install to be corrected and did a thorough calculation for my system. Install happened on the day we scheduled it and was very clean and well done. I got a Costco shop card, 2% back on the credit card as well, and a rebate from the energy company.

I had another contractor quote it and the Costco contractor was cheaper. The Costco guy was a better salesperson too and spent a long time with the options to help me choose.

I myself do construction management and treated it just like a larger project I normally do and I was very happy with the result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

testifeye posted:

Awesome! Thanks for the thoughtful response. I'll give them a call.

What I didn't think of until now is keep in mind it's a third party contractor. In Denver it was Cooper Plumbing and Heating that took care of me. He told me a lot of their business is Costco leads. Not sure if it's good or bad.

He kind of gave a little away too when he asked if he was going to use my Costco card, so I quickly upped my limit and he says "that's why I love Costco shoppers, they got the money!"

I was glad I got competing quotes.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Fantastic purchase today.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
On my last visit a lady came up behind me at the registers and said "don't worry they go pretty quick! They're good here. I used to have a membership to Sam's too but after my husband died I decided I didn't need both"

I wouod have praised her smart choices but I was immobilized by the widows reveal.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/????????3???

Well I thought I knew what I was doing

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRUG3Jnu/?k=1

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Ohtori Akio posted:

I skip meat and fish and I've never gone out and had clam but yeah it's hard for me to argue against bivalve eating. Apparently they're pretty good for the environment too?

I think one major reason for pescetarianism's enduring popularity might be its association with Christian voluntary dietary restrictions (and, originally, the possible diet of a certain Jewish preacher). It doesn't make a ton of sense in a vacuum because we aren't Roman Levantine peasants.

Yah I was going to say it feels catholic to say fish isn't meat.

My wife's pescatarian though so I support it because I like fish and meat.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I had an issue with my citi card scanning at the gas pump and they took care of me right then with a new membership card with a photo.

Two weeks later a new Citi card came with the new photo. Which is cool except this was like October 2020 during a road trip and I looked like hell!

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

large hands posted:

Don't think they have Kirkland ice cream at ours but they do have the chocolate and almond dipped ice cream bars which are dangerously good and ridiculously cheap

Those are so good. The don't skimp on almonds at all, wonderful treats.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I think an underrated feature of the gas line is watching people operate it like it's their first time. Some real slow operators out there.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Spinz posted:

I just now started getting gas at Costco thanks to this thread (why not before: I am very stupid) so I'll ask now...

If you are next in line and the spot opens up that is the car space one ahead of the car right in front of you how do you get in there???

It doesn't look like I can fit around

Just drive over there and back in.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Spinz posted:

See I was terrified waiting was wrong and I'd get crucified

There is no room to "back in"
??

Yours must have three pumps in a row. Mine only has two so there's plenty of room to pull through and back in.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Bibliotechno Music posted:

Got to church and only then realized my entire outfit was from Costco, including underwear, socks, and shoes.

Lookin like a boss though in head to toe Costco.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

CzarChasm posted:

Are the jarred 505 chilis seasonal or regional? I don't know that I've ever seen them at my store (SE WI), and I don't get any matches looking online.

I like costco well enough, but product availability really messes with me.

I get the gyro meat because it's pretty good and makes a quick throw together dinner with leftovers for the week, but getting pita bread @ church is a real gamble. The brand is good, but just availability seems real hit and miss.

Whats wild is right now is peak season for getting fresh roasted green chilies here in Colorado. I might have to pick up a basket tomorrow.

The product availability thing is why I told my wife if you see a thing and you must have it then you get it right then. Don't sleep on it. Sometimes I buy something and then see it around for a couple months and other times it's gone by the next week.

If its something I like but can't justify buying then I stalk it until it goes on clearance, and in often relieved of having to buy it by missing it entirely.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Renegret posted:

Costco was selling these $13 painting kits. Couple of brushes, rollers, paint trays, you know the deal. I had most of that stuff already but I knew we'd be painting and can always do with more. Really I just wanted the painters tool since I didn't have one and got tired of my screwdrivers getting covered in paint from opening cans.

Wow folks. The brushes were legit. Far better than the more expensive ones I already had. Totally worth the money.

Next time you get a gallon of paint from your local paint shop ask for an opener. You can always use extra.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

PokeJoe posted:

Anyone got a Costco workbench? Been looking at the wheeled dealies. Probably the 31 or 48 inch wide one since I live in an apartment.

https://www.costco.com/trinity-48%22-x-26%22-stainless-steel-workbench.product.100481979.html

Looks quite nice but they're pretty pricey. I'm currently using a MDF target desk as a workbench as it sucks rear end

Compare them to the offerings at Lowes and Home Depot. Harbor freight has a similar one but it's only 18" deep. The Home Depot ones are about 500-600 for the same size as the one you linked.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Toxic Mental posted:

What the heck is that

High quality low cost soulmates.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Is it pot pie season? I have a sad friend who needs comfort food.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Good lord these pie reviews are all over the map.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Spent too much and got too much, but I did like finding most things I got were in clearance or on sale.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Yep, the bowls I got were 9.97 and the hose I passed on was $7.00. It ain't ever gonna be cheaper than that. If you see something you like at $x.97 buy all that you need because it won't be there next time.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

redreader posted:

My wife was at costco like 20 minutes after I made the post and she couldn't find meatloaf, ravioli lasagne or mac and cheese in the frozen section. She couldn't even find the evol frozen meal 4-pack we normally get. Thanks for the recommendations though, we'll look again next time.

Thankfully Costco provides a solution for this situation

https://www.costco.com/optical.html

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
A friend of mine said they picked up the kimchi and really liked it and thanked me for the recommendation so thank you thread and slugworth.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Renegret posted:

My wife told me, all she wants for her birthday is this:

https://www.costco.com/animated-disney-holiday-castle-with-parade%2C-music-lamp-with-lights.product.100941112.html

She found it on one of her instagram reels (She might be worse than me, she follows so many Costco related channels) and I've been completely unable to find it in-store. Anybody have any luck?

They had a bunch here in my Denver Costco. I didn't realize you were looking for one in store, I thought you were just saying you were going to get it. I didn't look that close but I'm sure it was a Disney Xmas village thing like that. I saw it, said 'oh its the thing the goon wants' looked at the price and walked off. That thing is expensive!

PM me if you want me to be your private shopper I guess. Wouldn't be the first time.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Renegret posted:

ohhHhhHHHh I might take you up on that. I'm gonna hit up a few local costcos first though, I'd hate to be a bother. That being said it's the first time I'm bringing this thing up so I dunno who you're thinking of.

My wife is a big ole Disney weirdo so to her it's worth the money, and it saves me the stress of figuring out a birthday present. So you know what, it's fine, I don't care, we're adults, I've wasted more money on dumber poo poo it's fine.

Yeah I read your post and ended up going to get a prescription filled. I clicked your link earlier and was like "oh I hope he ordered it already because it looks sold out."

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Beer sales inside Costco is new in the past 5 years in Colorado. In the first six months, with a wide selection of local and localish beer. Local being independent and localish being formerly independent local beer like Breckenridge. I think it was 2 or 2 1/2 aisle sides.

By he end of the first year it was 1 side of an aisle and two are local and the rest (5?) are localish. I still pick up beer there for parties, it's better for me not to have 24 packs of beer at my disposal. Now if I want a beer on a Tuesday I have to pray for a leftover stashed in the back of the fridge.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
This year I'm setting up a tiny Costco village. I've been working on scale pallet racking for about six months. I'll have little decorated meat department and Santa will be selling air conditioners, elves in the tire department and 1400 to scale pies of varied coloring.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Zero VGS posted:

I mean they sold them frozen as standalone if you wanted to cook it at home, I figured they were all like that. I guess they could all arrive refrigerated and then they freeze only the ones that don't go to the foodcourt. I guess that could make it harder to keep the green peppers fresh. But I mean even subway can (kinda) manage.

This is not even remotely close. Where's our boy Marcus to set this straight?

Take and bake pizzas are a completely different product.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
And because the uncooked pizzas are considered groceries, Papa Murphy's accepts food stamps, which account for 4% of sales companywide and up to 15% of sales in some stores.Dec 25, 2000

Old data but there you go.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Going to order an induction range from Costco but I'm not sure if I want the Samsung or spend $800 more for the LG with convection. Help.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Dr Tran posted:

Why does costco have pepsi and not also have have mountain dew?

Sometimes they dew! I think I had it last in Billings MT.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Fake James posted:

I managed to spend under $50 at Costco today, AMA

Did you feel like Joey Chestnut after crushing 30 hot dogs?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

CaptainCrunch posted:

Church used to have a Kirkland sliced turkey lunchmeat in the cooler section but I haven't seen it for going on 4 months now. Has it been discontinued?
Or is this the dreaded supply chain issues denying me once more?

Also, curse you, Costco, for addicting me to them 4505 Chicharrones then not having them in stock when I visit!

I saw this last time I was there. I just went through a package of turkey and was reminded why I rarely buy it. It's good meat that is minimally processed and sliced thick. The side effect being its hard to get the slices apart without them falling apart. I also just don't like turkey that much.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Big day for me. Went to Colorado Springs Costco on my way home. They have booze, which is good to know.

Bought gloves for car stuff that I haven't seen in my store for a long time, probably since early 2020 and they were rationed.

I got simple pull chain shop lights that I wanted for my garage. Previously they only had fancy remote ones with sensors that were too expensive and fancy for what I wanted. Two pack for $20.

Finally, my girlfriend loves the Cangshan BBQ knife set and wanted another set to give her folks as a gift. She bought hers for $60. Last week I told her they were on sale for $49.97 and she was going to buy them. She didn't. At this Costco they were $29.97. Yet they rang up at $40.00. That's bizzare to me (**.00 Prices are usually lower than the nine sevens!) but after they verified they honored the lower price and I was on my way.

Pbuc!

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Oh and on the way home I got my confirmation call for my new range delivery from Costco services! I'm very excited.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Toxic Mental posted:

There are Costcos without booze? Do you all live in Utah or something?

It's hell!

To be perfectly clear I mean Spirits. Hard liquor. In store, not a seperate entrance liquor store wart business. My normal one has beer, no wine. The good ones have it all. I don't think any in Colorado have wine and beer without spirits.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

KakerMix posted:

and the freeze very well even loosely in a ziploc bag. A stable in our house.

Staple.

a main or important element of something, especially of a diet.
"bread, milk, and other staples"

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Fake James posted:

The Costco by me has beer + seltzers, nothing else. I think the one in Littleton has beer + wine + spirits, but haven't been there yet. Some have an attached liquor store but it isn't run by Costco.

Yes the Littleton one on Wadsworth does for sure have liquor. We went there to stock up for a party. I now have multiple unopened gallons of liquor because our eyes were bigger than our guests livers.

The ones I know are Lone Tree, Littleton, Colorado Springs West, Fort Collins. Perhaps the one in Eagle as well but it's been a long time since I was in that neck of the nape.

Edit for context: in Colorado grocery stores can sell all alcohol products at up to 8 locations provided they buy out two liquor stores, including all of them within 1500 ft.

double edit: I now understand something that was weird about the Co Springs one I was at. There was a weird offshoot room that had home goods in it that are normally just on the racks. That was a repurposed liquor store space. Same with the one in Fort Collins I'd bet which also had a weird side room.

StormDrain fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 13, 2022

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Enos Cabell posted:

All the stupid regional liquor laws never cease to crack me up. Next door to CO in NE I can go pick up a shopping cart full of whiskey at 6am on a Sunday morning at my local grocery store.

Ya'll have weed stores though

They make crack ping a little bit especially when we explore the unforeseen effects. Colorado limited liquor store owners to one location. It's up to 4 right now I believe. So there are a ton of crappy and a few really nice independent liquor stores. Local breweries could go around and get their product in a few stores, they weren't required to fill huge contracts with distributors and regional grocery stores, so there was a lot of little successes that helped build a wide range of little breweries that were and are successful. I like the variety, and Colorado does really well at national beer competitions. Not as well as California but I'd say punching above our weight especially per capita.

It also meant liquor and beer prices were and remain high on average from what I've seen in other relaxed states. That part blows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

ixo posted:

the one in Thornton off 25 next to the top golf also has liquor

Thank you for your reporting! o7

6 of 8 Costcos with Liquor in CO are identified.

Confirmed no liquor at
Arvada, Superior, Aurora.

Unknown:
Sheridan, Parker, Colorado Springs on Barnes Rd