Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Didn't costco used to carry a giant jar of tahini? Am I just imaging this?

I’ve never seen that in my decade+ of Costcoing out East or in the Midwest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
My old move was to call a pizza pie in when I got there then pay at register and pick up. Do they not accept phone orders any more?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Got the Jamon for Christmas. It was fun cutting off strips for charcuterie at one of our parties.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

StormDrain posted:

I just added an outlet next to my toilet and I'm looking forward to going from water pressure to a plug in bidet.

Happy BB-2000 user since 2014.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dick Fontaine posted:

Wet rear end meat make that searing game weak

:hmmyes:

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

Also why the hell did they add sesame seeds to the hot dog buns? My husband is allergic to sesame and can't get his $1.50 communion anymore.

Aren’t they explicitly adding sesame to more things since cross-contamination is an issue and just putting “processed on assembly that may also contain <thing>” was recently ruled as an ineffective legal hedge. So they just put sesame on to 100% guarantee it will hurt sesame allergy sufferers. Fun with rule making. Sorry.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Got a new gas oven/range combo with installation on order.

Does anyone know if the gas range installers will bring a flexible metal appliance connector? Or should I supply my own?

I think for the washer/dryer they actually brought decent hoses even though I had purchased some since I figured they would bring cheapo ones. I realize this may vary between locations.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

It’s fine… just OK. Graham-cracker-like crust is the best part.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Midniter posted:

I don't even see Philips on the Costco Next site which is a shame because I've been fitting my whole house with that stuff and it's not cheap.

You probably see this but the Philips Hue stuff seems to rotate through Costco.com all the time, sometimes they have the kits with A19 bulbs, sometimes recessed.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

jisforjosh posted:

Is it just my dishwasher or are the Kirkland UltraShine Packs absolute garbage? I've never had issues with any other Kirkland product but compared the Cascade brand ones, some of the dishes come out dirty and almost all of them have a film or deposit on them.

Never had an issue in my dishwasher. We run it probably 5x per week.
We got a two pack with our dishwasher purchase a few years ago but they screwed up and sent us 4 or 6 or something. We just had to buy more. Thostco

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
OMG my metro is getting a Business Center I never thought we'd get one. I can't wait to go buy beef primals in a box or whatever.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dick Fontaine posted:

gently caress yes, get you one of those 14” Winco Carbon Steel Woks

They are crazy legit. Straight up what they use at Chinese restaurants. Only like $15 or something at the business center.

It’s a curved one so depending on your setup you may need to get a wok mon or butane stove but it’s so worth it. A real joy to cook with.

Thanks, I'm writing this down for the opening. My new range (also from Costco) actually came with a wok ring and can't wait to throw out the pretender all-clad square bottom one and get the real deal.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
If you don't want to make it yourself just go to Restaurant Depot and get a 10 lb box of IQF gyro meat

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I see the Kirkland batteries say “new and improved”! Are they still Duracell crap?

I used to buy those and they always corroded the heck out of my remotes and other electronics.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Salad is back. Wasn't hungry enough today to get it though

I hope they have a ceremony like hang the banner then salute when this goes up

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yes and it was good.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Cool thanks for bringing this important drama to the Costco thread

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Only shopping at stores where the owners are the good guys, like me!

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Caesar salad is objectively the worst salad. It barely even qualify as a salad.

et tu, Brute?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
There’s a sign up sheet. Some designs can be customized. Words should be fine but it’s pretty limited. Don’t sketch out a design unless you’re prepared for hilarious results.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Tried the roast beef sandwich… it’s… fine. You need to stack all the filling on one half to get the bread-to-filling ratio respectable. Still for :10bux: it feels like a ripoff when I consider I could have had a hot dog + soda, and pizza, and still had plenty left over.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dick Fontaine posted:

heading to the park for a big ol’ order of hot garbage with a side of clout chasing

:hmmyes:

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Enos Cabell posted:

Now if they let me scan poo poo in my cart with my phone and just walk past the registers and out the door, I'd install whatever the gently caress they wanted.

I'm not anti-tech, I'm anti lazily implemented tech.

Let's be honest, they're not as good as Sam's Club in this way

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Is there a camelcamelcamel but for Costco.com? I'm realizing some skin caviar product my wife wants was once $100 off and I'm curious how often that happens.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

schreibs posted:

I mocked up this application in 2020, was going to name it skipthesamples.com tracking the seasonal/cyclical sales of Costco items. Was in the process of finding out how to crawl the costco site/if api's were available for price checks and found some other site that did exactly this and threw it in the garbage. Now I can't find which site did it!

Nice and good name. I'll keep looking. If you find out what it is please post.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Noob Costco question—I’m being sent to pick up already-ordered cakes and sandwich trays from the ‘stco this evening

Cakes are typically in the fridge case with the forms over them, but where are the sandwiches?

Do I need to talk to the butcher to bring them out or are they socked away somewhere?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
We had 2 of those RealGood green enchiladas in the freezer. I cooked them up to augment a meal and they were absolutely horrible. My family all agreed with Dick Fontaine that they should be called RealBad. Hours later I'm still disappointed they were in my mouth.

StormDrain posted:

Went to the Big C today. Splurged on the flat of cold brew, it'll be like a pre-workout for me. Now I'm having chicken firecrackers "Nashville hot" flavor for boy dinner.

This was confusing at first because Restaurant Depot's house brand is called "Big C"

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
We had an outside party with ~40 people and I didn't want to cook lunch for everyone so got it from the 'stco...

Croissant sandwiches: these were a hit. Very good and easily customizable. I wish we had gotten 2x the trays of this
Pinwheel sandwich rolls: very mid. Swiss, cream cheese, and chicken breast slices. They largely went untouched.

Are there any other deli to go items we should try for next time?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Oh yeah those are way too sweet.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I just checked and my business center opens next month. I will have been to 4 warehouse opening days after this one.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Kuros posted:

I will say, having a Costco business nearby is pretty fuckin legit. So much good stuff there not available in regular Costco.

Tell me your faves and can’t miss. We have one opening in two weeks

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Once again I see this recipe and once again

pre:
1 Can of Green Beans
:mrwhite:

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

FogHelmut posted:

Around my wife's birthday, she received a set of pots and pans in the mail from costco.com. There was no note with it or anything indicating who it was from. We put the word out on Facebook and no one claimed it.

She called up Costco and they could not find the order and could not determine who sent it. They asked us to go to Costco and have someone at the store look it up.

The clerk at the store was baffled. They said that the order number was not a real order number and they have no idea where it came from. They're investigating to find out who or where it's from. The shipping label clearly says costco.com, but it is a mystery.

Whatever 3rd party fulfillment center / warehouse those shipped out of hosed up their label merge or printed on the wrong label stock. Enjoy the free pans!

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
drat when did this go away? I joined in like 2010 and have never seen gelato.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Went to a Business Center today. It was very chill, like a good not busy well-lit restaurant depot.
Despite not having a food court, jewelry, or a big electronics section, it did have a 6 lane x 4 DEEP gas station. That thing will never fill up at times I go.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Little late to pizza chat but I have an Ooni Karu. Everyone knows neapolitan pizzas are the poo poo, and that little thing pumps them out a minute at a time. I think Costco sells a gas-only Ooni.

edit: spelling

Also, I buy the pizza dough from Costco business center, it's made from New York water!

What’s the pizza dough name / what am I looking for?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I don't like the Optimum Nutrition because of the acesulfame K as sweetener.

If you can stomach whey, it's probably the easiest, cheapest and best absorbed and I would get the Ascent if your store has it: https://www.costco.com/ascent-native-fuel-whey-protein-chocolate%2c-4.25-lbs.product.100985271.html. Mine stocks chocolate. It's sweetened with Stevia

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Zero VGS posted:

"I don't like ON because it has ace K which I don't know what that is but someone on TV said it's bad so here's one with Stevia someone on TV said it's good"

If you try to say Stevia tastes better then you're a liar on top of being gullible

Sorry but I'm very angry when goon gains are sabotaged by bro science!

Hey I’d rather use unsweetened / unflavored but he did ask for it at Costco. Gains are neither created nor destroyed by swapping out acesulfame K for another.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Lol, excellent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I bought some for my office. We all tried it and trashed after one time. It was really bad but a great gimmick for $20.