Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

net work error posted:

Costco sells Instacrates that are pretty good. You can fit a lot in one and then just fold it up when you're not using it. Pretty neat.

They bite, be careful.

We went yesterday, and I had to check and see.

Plenty of Jongga (the one with two “g”s) in stock!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

PokeJoe posted:

that stupid crate pinched me just picking it up from the display, i cant imagine owning one. are they really worth it

I’m not a huge fan, myself. They are surprisingly easy to pinch yourself on for a consumer product. But for me, what bothers me more about them is that you can’t really manipulate them by one handle (like if you wanted to carry a couple around while empty, for example). They really want to collapse.

My wife seems to like them though, so :shrug:

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Chinatown posted:

the turkey pesto sandwich was vastly superior to the chicken bake and they ripped it away from us. i will never forgive.

Costco giveth, and Costco taketh away.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Hutla posted:

Yes, they are far and away the least gristle-y frozen chicken bits I’ve ever had. They cook up really well in an air fryer and are in fact lightly breaded instead of 80% breading/20% chicken like most popcorn chicken.

This. They remind me of Chik-fil-a nuggets, but with fewer associated moral quandaries.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

On sale, pbuc

And lo, he did say unto them “the expanded space makes fermentation better.” And it was good. PBUC.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
It’s where you get soulmates with two “g”s.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

large hands posted:

Older photo but I think tendies are still around

The Something Awful Forums › Main › General Bullshit › Costco: $1.50 Hot Dog + Pop (With Refill). *Canada Edition*

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Abyss posted:

Our chicken bakes are now $3.99.

Well, “If you raise the price of the loving chicken bake, I will kill you” just doesn’t have the same promise-not-threat aura.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Zero VGS posted:

When I signed up the other day they were all pushing Executive SUPER hard, like they passed me between 3 different employees all doing these extended, energetic spiels and elevator pitches. I haven't seen salesmanship that aggressive since Gamestop pushing Game Informer Magazine.

I was already Executive, but had a non-Executive card. After the third time of having someone look like I had kicked their puppy when I told them I already had it, I just went over to CS and got a new card printed up.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
I don’t think you can even do a non-kiosk order at my Costco anymore.

Which is fine with me, as long as the drat people waiting for whole pizzas get out of the way.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

nom epique posted:

Got a trial membership. Anything worth copping besides a grip of monster?

$1.50 Hot Dog + Soda (With Refill)

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Zero VGS posted:

Urban Dictionary says:

:hmmyes: ToeSucker9610 knows the score

Way to out CaptainSarcastic’s Urban Dictionary user name.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Zero VGS posted:

I foolishly tried to go to Costco yesterday, grabbed a couple things, saw the self-checkout line was about 60 people long, did a 360 and moonwalked outta there leaving the goods behind.

It's easy to forget Costco is completely unusable on a weekend.

Strangely, I was expecting my Costco to be miserable yesterday, and it was actually fairly quiet. I basically just walked up to self-checkout, and I only had to wait behind one person in the receipt check line.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
I have installed three different TV mounts and while I am extraordinarily non-handy and each probably took four times longer than it should have, I still managed to do a better job than this installer.

I have faith that Costco (PBUC) will make it right without too much effort, but don’t let them get away with it otherwise.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Encountered two upset Costco employees yesterday.

The first one was someone apparently on lunch, who yelled at queueing food court customers “There are two lines, not one giant line.” One guy listened to him, stepping out and forming a new line, and the employee got in line behind him. The single food court employee at the counter proceeded to only help the “giant line”, leaving the yelling employee to fume and the customer to quip “Guess I got in the wrong line.”

The other was a woman leaving one of the offices, on the verge of tears, telling whoever was inside that said person already had whatever they wanted, not her.

Apparently per Nextdoor, it was slammed on January 2nd, so maybe emotions are running high.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
code:
        ¼ POUND PLUS
      All BEEF HOT DOG        $1.99*
AND 20 oz. SODA (With Refill)
* - Because Zero VGS returned a bed

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Ineffiable posted:

Shutter fly frequently gives out coupons, maybe it's possible to combine them with your membership discount.

My wife had the hookup from a PTA friend who worked as a software engineer at Shutterfly a couple years ago, and even then it was expensive.

Apparently our Christmas cards this year were from some other service though and when I asked how much, she said “You don’t want to know,” so maybe it’s a universally terrible racket.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Soul Dentist posted:

Just carry a printer to your wife's house and print your cards bing bong

And possibly see her panties on the bed? My heavens!

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Zero VGS posted:

Slammed my van into the fire lane at 5:55pm on a Sunday, Ace Ventura style, didn't mean to show up 5 minutes before closing but traffic was stupid. Rolled into the returns counter with 3 carts to hold everything and avoid scratches. Cheery Haitian lady asked for my order number which pulled up from my email; she nor I mentioned the original purchase date and I'm not sure she ever even noticed it. I said "didn't like it" and that was enough for her, not so much as a raised eyebrow from anyone.

$2124.99 back on my Visa:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND SLAM MY VAN INTO THE COSTCO FIRE LANE. ITS A RETURN OF A THREE YEAR OLD BED FRAME AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES LIKE MY HERO, COSTCO CO-FOUNDER JON SINEGAL. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN MY MEMBERSHIP CARD OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY GOT $2124.99 BACK ON THEIR VISA CARD. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO GOONS ON THE SOMETHING AWFUL FORUMS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE GOONS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED LINES LIKE “just didn’t like it” AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING TRAFFIC EVERY EVENING. THEN I LIFT

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Imagine if there was an elevator that deposited you directly in the Costco. You might never have to go outside again.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Ok, which one of you is trying to kill the $1.50 Hot Dog and 20 oz. Soda (with Refill) now?

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

SirPablo posted:

Where would you even gently caress in a Costco?

You gently caress right in the middle of the food court. Brings a whole new meaning to (with refill).

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Zachack posted:

We ran out of Kerrygold so we went to our Costco and they didn't have any. Supposedly there's a grass-fed Kirkland butter that's very similar but it wasn't where the Kerrygold was (with the other butters). Does Costco put fancy butter somewhere else now?

Are you in California? Apparently the packaging of Kerrygold butter ran afoul of a new hazardous chemical law. Here’s an article about it. It’s supposedly going to take a bit to get back up to speed. Apparently something similar is happening on New York as well.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Oh, right, most of you live in uncivilized places where you have to pump your own gas. In Oregon you pull up to the pumps and an attendant does the actual gas pumping part for you. Reduces the kind of dipshittery described above quite a lot.

This obviously does not apply to Costco (praise be unto Costco), but in practice this means that the one elderly attendant that is operating all sixteen pumps takes a half-hour to pump your gas.

Here’s looking at you, Teal Boulevard Safeway Fuel Station in Beaverton, Oregon.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Pinus Porcus posted:

You must live in a place with no WinCo to be getting that many Freddie's and Safeway points

:hellyeah:

My wife and I do weekly shopping at WinCo, and semi-weekly precede it with a Costco run.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Crusty Nutsack posted:

… I absolutely hate that all the warehouse clubs act like all members may be stealing

The apartments where I used to live had gated entry. But realistically, you could reach over the pedestrian gate to open it, and the vehicle gates took so long to open and close, and were broken so often, that you could usually drive in without an opener.

They easily inconvenienced paying residents more than criminals. But they were there because they suggested value and exclusivity worth paying extra for.

Costco card and receipt checkers are part of the same sort of kayfabe, IMO. And ultimately I spend less time waiting for someone to draw a line on my receipt than I did for ¼ POUND PLUS ALL BEEF HOT DOG AND 20 oz. SODA (With Refill), so it doesn’t bother me too much.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
I think the citrus notes generally shine through more with Starry, while Sierra Mist was straight “hide the miserable taste of carbonated water with HFCS”

I mean, I’m sure Starry is that too, but it’s better, IMO!

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

MarcusSA posted:

Also after a lot of pressure Lowe’s finally ended up swapping the oven out. … Now my oven has wifi

Lowe’s is just determined to kill you.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Anyone want some cheeto boluses

Anyone ever wonder why Chester Cheetah looks just like what DARE would have you believe a drug dealer looks like?

:tinfoil:

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

namlosh posted:

I even use their dumpster sometimes when ours is full.

PBUC

Sure, I mean, that’s part of the membership benefits. I don’t even have home garbage service.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

I used to be a product developer for carbonated beverages and I have strong opinions :colbert:

Hopefully you can solve a mystery for me then.

You know how some people think cilantro tastes like soap? Is there something similar where sparkling water tastes like bitter garbage? Like there isn’t enough “flavor” in the world to overcome it?

Is it just HFCS that renders soda drinkable?

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Apparently come to California if you want to get in a fight involving hot dogs in a Costco parking lot.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

LGD posted:

we upgraded from our early-pandemic chest freezer to an upright this year, and while I felt kind of bad for donating something that was perfectly functional, and all bells and whistles aside, it has been totally worth it because of the massive difference in utility between a freezer where you can quickly see and access everything vs. one where you need to dig

I mean, you’re donating it so it will be put to good use again, it’s not like you’re dumping the thing in a creek in the woods.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Deathlove posted:

The Kirkland Tums are really Bad. This is so disappointing.

It’s impressive to make chalk feel that much grittier to chew as they do.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Soul Dentist posted:

It's just like, stacked and still partially in the original packaging. It's like a grocery store selling a "sandwich kit" with like four slices of white bread in a pile, a half pound unsliced block each of American cheese and bologna, and mayo/mustard packets

You know people will buy that, right?

Case in point, look at what those jerks tricked me into buying:

“Hey, this’ll be easy, my kid can just toss it in the air fryer or whatever.”

:wrong:

That print in the bottom left would go on to crush my dreams. No, it’s literally just some of the ingredients in a box - a sack of apparently pre-cooked chicken, a bag of bread crumbs, and a sauce packet. Caveat emptor etc., etc., it was one of the only times Costco has betrayed me.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

IOwnCalculus posted:

Them, Lowes, and Walmart. I avoid all three as much as I can, and surprise, those are also the three stores around here that lean hardest into "self checkout is the only checkout" bullshit.

What loving senator do we need to bribe to mandate tap-to-pay at this point?

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Lowe’s tries too hard. “Oh look, our store is well lit.” “Oh look, our shelves are well stocked.” “Oh look, we lock up expensive items in modular manufactured cages.” “Oh look, our staff still have hopes and dreams that you haven’t yet crushed.”

Meanwhile, over at Home Depot, the store is lit exclusively by the display models in the lighting department, the shelves look like looters have hit them, expensive items are locked away behind chicken wire and 2x4s zip-tied to the shelving, and the staff are so thankful when you treat them like human beings that they’ll give you their discretionary discount.

ACE is great but dances dangerously close to being the Whole Foods of hardware stores.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Blue comedy at church:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

binge crotching posted:

I returned mine after about 10 months for a replacement, no questions asked. It was the same thing, the handle on one had died and the other sounded like a cement mixer when you turned it on because it rattled so much.

Is it…not supposed to sound like an old-timey cartoon pump? That’s what the one I bought from Costco sounds like, though I haven’t tried the cordless one of the pair.