Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Do they do a dumb hot dog deal in australian costco? This may tip me over the edge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

lilbeefer posted:

Do they do a dumb hot dog deal in australian costco? This may tip me over the edge

https://www.costco.com.au/food-court

$1.99 for a 100% pork dog + soda (with refill)
$2.99 for a slice

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

halokiller posted:

sorry fellow americans, the overseas costcos already beat us by having the superior bake

I miss the bulgogi bakes, the carne asada ones were also really nice.

Never cared for the chicken bakes; they are basically a tube of warm ranch with some chicken in them, and that's nasty imo.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
the turkey pesto sandwich was vastly superior to the chicken bake and they ripped it away from us. i will never forgive.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

norp posted:

https://www.costco.com.au/food-court

$1.99 for a 100% pork dog + soda (with refill)
$2.99 for a slice

The picture for the hot dog has onions on it. Do they still have the onion crank in australia??

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

MarcusSA posted:

It’s ok? It’s just kinda bland.

The bake could really do with something spicy in it. Feel like cracking it open and filling it with cajun seasoning would do some wonders.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I asked for a Carne Asada bake once and waited like 20 minutes so I swore them off forever

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

WescottF1 posted:

My car requires premium

No, it doesn't...

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Chinatown posted:

the turkey pesto sandwich was vastly superior to the chicken bake and they ripped it away from us. i will never forgive.

Costco giveth, and Costco taketh away.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
octane isn't real

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
The chicken bakes have gotten thinner in my 'Co since the pandemic. Not nearly as much meat in them, either.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Trastion posted:

No, it doesn't...

Yes it does, I need the extra 12hp/11ftlb of torque that premium gets me with my engine.

Don’t tell my wife it can take regular.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Anyone got a foodsaver from costco? I got one earlier this year, and I just ran out of the roll, and the open bags. Now all I have left are the ziploc bags that you use with the weird sucker-part of the foodsaver. Any tips or tricks? Are these ziploc-bags-with-a-hole any good? What replacement bags should I buy when I buy more? Is there any sort of hack, or are the kirkland bags the best deal?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
lol at the people concerned that a spark will trigger some huge explosion at the gas station or something, do you put your car in neutral and roll it away to a safe spot before engaging the starter too?

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
I make sure to give my windshield a quick rinse of the wonder solvent, gasoline

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Trastion posted:

No, it doesn't...

Cars requiring premium is absolutely a thing . Most cars made in the last 15ish years can adapt on their own, and more cars recommend premium than require it, but others absolutely can not and will begin knocking almost immediately.

If your car recommends premium, make your own decision. If your car requires it, don't play. I ran 3 tanks of regular in my "requires premium" car in like 2004 and it started knocking badly enough to turn on the CEL. It's never run as smoothly since.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Propaganda Hour posted:

The chicken bakes have gotten thinner in my 'Co since the pandemic. Not nearly as much meat in them, either.

shrinkflation sucks so bad

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
nonono you see because my car is very old I need the premium fuel so it'll last longer. It's, uh, healthier for the car, or something.

(shut the gently caress up dad you don't know what you're talking about)

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
The best chicken bake I've eaten was when I had just bought Cholula on the same trip so I had hot sauce to douse it in the car

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

the spyder posted:

Sorry, that was just a movie plot and not how reality works. Fridges use a sealed compressor and no fan. Building, portable, and window AC units also use a sealed compressor. The only thing that is open to atmosphere is the fan motor. Automotive AC units are either belt driven (ICE) or brushless and sealed (hybrid/electric).

https://www.worksafebc.com/en/resou...-worker?lang=en

:shrug:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

dphi posted:

lol at the people concerned that a spark will trigger some huge explosion at the gas station or something, do you put your car in neutral and roll it away to a safe spot before engaging the starter too?

I always enjoy when people make false equivalencies, this is a good one

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

redreader posted:

Anyone got a foodsaver from costco? I got one earlier this year, and I just ran out of the roll, and the open bags. Now all I have left are the ziploc bags that you use with the weird sucker-part of the foodsaver. Any tips or tricks? Are these ziploc-bags-with-a-hole any good? What replacement bags should I buy when I buy more? Is there any sort of hack, or are the kirkland bags the best deal?

I've had one for about three years now.

The ziplock bags with the hole won't hold vacuum for more than a day or two. Unless it's something you will be opening and closing a lot, don't use them.

I've previously tried drat near every non-foodsaver bag that amazon carried, and from my experience it's best to stick with FoodSaver brand. They consistently work the best. The ones at Costco are usually a good deal, but you can get better prices sometimes if you shop around. Sometimes the ones at Costco are an assortment and come with ones you'll never use.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Renegret posted:

nonono you see because my car is very old I need the premium fuel so it'll last longer. It's, uh, healthier for the car, or something.

(shut the gently caress up dad you don't know what you're talking about)

This happens too, as carbon deposits over time will increase the compression ratio in the cylinders and make the car knock on lesser octane gas.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

The Hambulance posted:

The ziplock bags with the hole won't hold vacuum for more than a day or two. Unless it's something you will be opening and closing a lot, don't use them.

I've previously tried drat near every non-foodsaver bag that amazon carried, and from my experience it's best to stick with FoodSaver brand. They consistently work the best. The ones at Costco are usually a good deal, but you can get better prices sometimes if you shop around. Sometimes the ones at Costco are an assortment and come with ones you'll never use.

The foodsaver website frequently has sales where you can get a bunch of rolls (the type you use/need, rather than assortments) for a lot less.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

astral posted:

The foodsaver website frequently has sales where you can get a bunch of rolls (the type you use/need, rather than assortments) for a lot less.

Probably the only place I didn't look! Thanks, I'll check them out.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I buy the premade vacuum sealer bags from Wevac on Amazon. I have the 6x10 and 8x12 size bags and they work just fine with my foodsaver. I like the premade bags vs dealing with the rolls.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Communion was on point today

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
gently caress! It's messed up that it's not available in Bluegrass Kentucky.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
IiRC before Bon Apetit's YT channel exploded because it was apparently a den of racism, misogyny and hosed up poo poo, the chef that did the "Popular Meal but better" series made a chicken bake.

Can't remember if they used Phyllo dough, but I do remember they made it less raw-bready and added some spice for flavor.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
i love the chicken bake but it makes me feel like microwaved dogshit after i eat it

The hot dog is great but the gnarly burps last for like 2 days

i like the pizza but it's weird and like bread or something

ice cream sundae and churros both own.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I miss the hand dipped ice cream bar with nuts

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

FilthyImp posted:

I miss the hand dipped ice cream bar with nuts

I can dip deez nuts and cream

They were god tier

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Run E-85, it's like $2-$3 cheaper per gallon! I have a flex-fuel but I lose 7 mpg on it so it's a wash

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Shear Modulus posted:

The picture for the hot dog has onions on it. Do they still have the onion crank in australia??

Yeah, and my Costco got their Foodcourt tables back a few months ago too.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Wonderllama posted:

This happens too, as carbon deposits over time will increase the compression ratio in the cylinders and make the car knock on lesser octane gas.

If you have enough carbon buildup to meaningfully increase the compression ratio, what are you driving? A top fuel dragster? I can't imagine this is an issue with any gasonline engines available in normal cars outside of the past 40 years, other than when direct injection was first being figured out. Even then, I can't imagine there's be enough buildup to actually require a higher octane.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I miss the chicken caesar salads the food court used to have.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I miss the chicken caesar salads the food court used to have.

i would sometimes buy 2-3 of them and put them in my office fridge. easy lunch.

but alas :smith:

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

The Hambulance posted:

I've been using the FoodVacBags brand off Amazon for a number of years and they work real well for me.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Chinatown posted:

i would sometimes buy 2-3 of them and put them in my office fridge. easy lunch.

but alas :smith:

Favorite part of the menu for me.

Service has sucked at my food court for a while now. Too many orders for not enough staff, several unhappy members and lengthy wait times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
My diocese picked up kimchi (finally) but it's the god drat lovely brand with not a "g" in sight. Also I ordered a slice of pep and the food court dude gave me one off an obviously older inferior pie (while there were four slices of fresh pep just chilling). My faith is shaken. Somebody post a deal