Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Some grapefruit varieties are the result of atomic gardening :science:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grapefruit#Ruby_Red

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

BigPaddy posted:

Kirkland vitarain drinks went from $10.49 to $12.99 in the past year. At least the dog is still $1.50.

Thanks Obama :argh:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Who tf keeps their mouth open while using a water pick lmao

Close yer fokkin mooth and just spit the water after a 30-45S interval.

Like wtf ru doin fuckingike pointing the thing roughly at your mother loving mouth and going Psghhv OHH GOD THE WATERS EVERYWHERE WHAT HAOPENED OH GOD BK ONE COULD HAVE PREDICTED THIS

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Rotisserie chicken process for us is to debone the chicken right away. The bones go into the instant pot along with the closest to expiration contents of the vegetable crisper drawer. Add some salt, an onion, seasonings, whatever, and make some stock. Couple hours later when it's done, put that in the fridge to use later.

The chicken then gets refrigerated and used through the week. Added to salads, quesadillas, soups, curries, whatever.

Give a piece or two of the chicken (no bones!) to the dog, because he is a good boy who loves this chicken prep ritual.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

numberoneposter posted:

I just saw a video of a guy wrapping a Costco hot dog (just the meat) with a cheese pizza slice. Looks like a greas bomb. Tempted to try it though...

That's a Cheesy Blaster
https://youtu.be/mgezjCUzCzk

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Ror posted:

Slow but steady progress toward the day Costcoscant exists, the planet where the whole surface is a Costco.

*waves hand*
"You don't need to check my receipt"

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

lots of crabs for not many clams

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I use an air mattress instead of a guest bed. It tells my guests they are welcome for a couple days or so, but no more than that.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Has anyone bought a car through Costco? I really need to get a car and have little time and not a lot of money, and at a glance it looks like they could be a helpful resource. Anyone have experience using them?

My parents did. The arrangement is that there's a Costco member price list in a big binder that is agreed up on by Costco and the dealer.
First dealer they went to, the dude said "OK, sure, let's walk around the lot and look at a few cars to see what you like first and then we'll talk Costco pricing". They got bad vibes from him and walked.
Second dealer they went to, the guy immediately took them back to an office, opened up the binder, and it was a very straightforward menu of cars and total out the door prices. They were done in like 2 hours.

As far as the pricing goes, it is "pretty good". Experienced negotiators prepared with lots of information can do better than the Costco negotiated pricing. The average buyer will typically do much worse than the Costco pricing.
I feel like it's a lot like buying produce at Costco. Consider a bag of onions.
The most expensive option is "regular price" at the grocery store. The giant bag of onions at Costco is going to be cheaper than that. Buying from a restaurant supply type place is the next cheaper option. A store's doorbuster weekly special with extreme coupon stacking will be cheapest of all, but has limited availability and requires good timing, patience and more work from you.

If you're not a sophisticated negotiator and/or you don't want to spend your whole Saturday min/maxing with a 23 year old sales guy to save another $2k and try to beat the Edmunds high score then it's a great option.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

Kirkland Brand Condos

Find someone to split the three pack with

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Returned some anti fatigue kitchen mats today after a week. The edges didn't stay flat.
Someone two spots ahead of me in the return line was doing the same thing

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

The brown sugar boba popsicles are amazing. Grab a box if you see them.

Between those and the occasional Melona, Costco's popsicle game is world class

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Soul Dentist posted:

Ask me in two weeks what exactly I planned on doing with the THREE POUND bag of tortilla chips

Make this recipe and use the leftovers to have chilaquiles for breakfast all the days

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

The Costco I went to as a kid had the pneumatic tubes at the registers. If they're still there they really oughta sling hot dogs through those

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

BBB is Yelp for boomers. Mixing those two is like mixing bleach and ammonia

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Tatsuta Age posted:

this stuffs good but the bottle sucks, the stupid little flake things get caught in the nozzle all the loving time

I have great news for you. There's a new lid that isn't the twisty kind that gets blocked.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Bread Zeppelin posted:

I think the saddest way to die would be a car crash on the way home from Costco. You go through the whole store ordeal with months of supplies and then it all ends.

for sale: 120 rolls of toilet paper, never wiped

Struggling to survive in a near-death state for 20 minutes, and then sprinting towards the light when I remember I had brown sugar boba popsicles in the car that are definitely ruined by now.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I want all the things that are in Hawaii Costco in Arizona Costco including the lactose free milk but mostly all the great snacks.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

:bisonyes:
These too

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

halokiller posted:

does your costco sell entire frozen lamb and goat?

When we took a pilgrimage out of state to the gigantic Costco combined business center in Salt Lake City we snapped a bunch of pictures of the great selection of halal foods for our Muslim neighbor at home. She was very impressed and simultaneously annoyed that our local Costco didn't carry anything like that.

I only flew with a carry-on on that trip so the logistics of bringing home a whole refrigerated goat didn't work out.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

death cob for cutie posted:

the checkout area should have multiple mobile vendors, maybe a juggler or guitarist to spice things up

More entertaining than the gauntlet of HVAC install or water softener sales reps you have to walk through to leave.

I just spent $300 and I gotta get these popsicles back in a freezer it's not a good time to talk about my air conditioner!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

SpeedFreek posted:

What does kimchi go well with? It seems like an acquired taste.

On the peninsula the answer would be :confused:"everything?!"

I also like it with eggs. Pairs really nicely with Hawaiian style breakfast of white rice, eggs and Portuguese sausage.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

The Samyang buldak ramen carbonara bowl pack I picked up at the 'co slaps

It's also very, very spicy and if you're unsure about it you really should start out by putting in less than half of the sauce packet

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Outside of Hawaii Costco, the business center is the only place I've seen 5 gallon buckets of soy sauce.

The snacks and candy packaged for resale are pretty great too.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Taima posted:

The worst part about them not having the polish anymore is they just sell that poo poo in the fridge section and it's cheap af so why they holdin

I will personally fight and kill a shareholder in gladiatorial combat

Do it. Kiel that basardt.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

B33rChiller posted:

When in the UK, eat the foods that have come from the former colonies. If you can't get a good curry there, you're doing a lot wrong.

Also, Yorkshire pudding, and haggis kick rear end. So you're not even really restricted to Indian cuisine.

Yeah there's plenty of good stuff there, like pasties! Steak, potatoes and gravy in a pastry shell, can't screw that up. Same story with sausage rolls.
Lot of great desserts too, like trifle, jelly rolls, pretty much anything made with currant.
German cuisine also rightly gets mocked, but the snacky street food also slaps. Currywurst, brats doused in grilled onions and sauerkraut, pretzels with mustard, etc.

Ketchup-y beans as part of breakfast must be an acquired taste though.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

One must not abuse and disrespect the priests and priestesses of Costco.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Might not actually be discontinued, could be a packaging change because they're adding a fifth monk.

Four Monks and Neal Young.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

durrneez posted:

im gonna ask some qt 3.14 to go to costco with me on friday. i hope he says yes :3:

Tell him the Costco trip offer includes a refill

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Zero VGS posted:

Sometimes you learn to hate something not from the content, but the fans. Like I might have given Rick and Morty a chance if I didn't have "that guy" try to tell me about it.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

The plus in the Quarter Pound+ all beef hot dog means you can return it.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Cartoon Man posted:

Costco: It’s not stealing if the door checker approved it.

Just go out the fire exit bing bang so simple

https://youtu.be/zsogZENAE-g

(ACAB regardless but it's funny to see people blow their poorly planned schemes)

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

the only v tube I want from costco is a V shaped bun holding a tube shaped hot dog for $1.50 with a soda PLUS REFILL

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Raku posted:

I mean, it's a hotdog, duh

a giant hotdog on a flatbed cart

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Boston has lost its edge. There was a time when expensive groceries would have led to people throwing it all in the harbor

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

Why is it 100% vegetarian fed, so the feeders don't tell it how delicious it's going to become?

"Welp, can't sell this one anymore"

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

getting dinner on my way to buy a 3 pack of gas masks

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Soul Dentist posted:

I would love a Costco Driving Range

great time to bring back the pneumatic tubes for ball return!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

My local Costco is now in chicken bag country.

Whatever happens to the chicken next, I've bagged it first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

numberoneposter posted:

Woozoo 5-speed oscillating air circulator with remote

y or n?

Yeah they're good. Even bought one for the office a few months ago :siren:WITHOUT THE COUPON:siren: