Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

BeastOfExmoor posted:

They briefly had curry powder like 5 years ago, because I bought some and have literally never used it since none of the Indian food recipes I've used actually call for curry powder.

FWIW, I've essentially sworn off buying most spices at Costco. The sizes are just too large and they're stale by the time they're 1/4 gone. Nowdays I buy most of my spices from a grocery store with a bulk section. I can buy managable amounts and the prices are often hilariously cheap. ($0.15c of rosemary is like a year's supply for me)

Costco spices I use up and replace: chili flakes, oregano, peppercorns, garlic powder. TBF the garlic powder has been in the cupboard a few years...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

lol if you dont do self checkout at the co

wish they had barcode guns like Home Depot that you could use yourself

I tried self checkout once but it doesn't auto apply coupons and gently caress that

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Ohtori Akio posted:

the costco pupusas? with the individually portioned guacamole? they're great folks

Oh man I wish they had those up here

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Used my $200 executive rebate to pick up a nespresso and some pods. Costco version comes with a little automatic milk foamer/steamer so I've been making after-work lattes. feeling blessed

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Psion posted:

look just because costco's whole bean selection is mediocre doesn't mean you have to choose violence like this

I have a behmor drip and a French press but I'm not buying/dealing with an espresso machine. And I think the Nespresso tastes good :mrgw:

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Wife just got a Pendleton Sherpa from Costco online and it owns

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Ohtori Akio posted:

an aeropress and a grinder is literally all the coffee gear you need. instead of getting a better brewing appliance, get a better grinder and a fun mug. maybe a nice kettle if you really want to go wild

I have a baratza conical burr grinder. I don't want an aeropress. I am happy with my new nespresso

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Ohtori Akio posted:

i'm happy for you too i was talking to the guy with five coffee makers saying it was worth it

I have 6 coffee makers

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Ohtori Akio posted:

I'm trembling with rage.

I had a vacuum pot at one point but it broke, that thing was pretty cool

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Don't think they have Kirkland ice cream at ours but they do have the chocolate and almond dipped ice cream bars which are dangerously good and ridiculously cheap

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Spinz posted:

I'm having trouble because we have Costco muffins in the house now for my brother

They are so drat good
The coffee cake ones Jesus help me

They're personal size cakes more than muffins really

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Nocheez posted:

I drive a hybrid, and when you pull up to the gas pump you hit the button to open the fuel door and the car engine stays off while you refuel. The Costco attendant today made himself look really dumb and had me shut my car off in 90 degree heat with my 2 young children inside. I explained it was on battery and not running but he insisted.

It was just so loving stupid and I don't have the energy to argue with idiots anymore.

I'm amazed your kids survived, have you considered going to the media with this?

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
also, air conditioners use a compressor motor that generates sparks. there was a case here a while back of a trailer exploding at a construction site because a small fridge and BBQ had been locked to in it. The propane tank leaked and when the fridge compressor started it exploded.

Actually wasn't this a plot point in fight club?

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

the spyder posted:

Sorry, that was just a movie plot and not how reality works. Fridges use a sealed compressor and no fan. Building, portable, and window AC units also use a sealed compressor. The only thing that is open to atmosphere is the fan motor. Automotive AC units are either belt driven (ICE) or brushless and sealed (hybrid/electric).

https://www.worksafebc.com/en/resou...-worker?lang=en

:shrug:

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
40 pack of the cheapo ice cream sandwiches in today's haul :mrgw:

And some back ribs I'll grill up this week

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

numberoneposter posted:

im always concerned that i wont be able to get them home before they will melt!

Grab yourself a Kirkland insulated bag and put all your cold stuff in there :pray:

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

redreader posted:

What are the absolute top tier family entrees from costco? I'm married with kids and sometimes want to just take something from the freezer and put it in the oven. I love the lasagne but my wife is getting sick of it. And what are the best frozen chicken breasts/nuggets? are any of them not reconstituted meat? The Tyson ones are.

At ours they have big trays of butter chicken in the case with fresh caesar salad/donair/taco kits etc. Just reheat and serve and it's really good

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Pershing posted:

Tendies!?!

Older photo but I think tendies are still around

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

halokiller posted:

do the canucks still have this?

Never saw that at mine on the west coast. Just wings and tendies.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Head Bee Guy posted:

the 32 degree base layer is about what i expected for the price. I wouldn’t want to rely on the 32degree bases if i was on the trail or exposed to properly sub-freezing temps. Better than nothing, but merino base layers are truly exceptional. The problem is that smartwool is not priced competitively with costco; it’s like $150 for a set of the midrange.

They have the 100% Merino base layer parts for around $40 Canadian here, cloud veil brand I believe. And the merino blend pieces are around $20.

large hands fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Oct 10, 2022

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Grilled cheese with jongga that's been unopened in the fridge for 2 months and Kirkland marble cheddar. Godly and economical rainy day lunch

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

numberoneposter posted:

Costco run tonight. Need diapers and kimchi.

I'm telling you man, kimchi grilled cheese :mrgw:

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

numberoneposter posted:

instructions please

I just put a layer of kimchi about the same thickness as the cheese, on top of the cheese. I guess if your pulling from the bottom of the tub maybe squeeze out some liquid first but it's not really important. I used the mild Kirkland marble cheddar because I think using aged stuff would be too salty with the 'chi. Dip in ketchup if you like :cool:

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Those fleece lined sweaters and the fleece lined jeans are so nice in the winter

Picked up kirkland croissants and a wheel of cambozola along with everything else today and hell if I'm not just eating that for dinner. The croissants are a crazy deal.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
If she wants noise cancelling go with Sony or Bose

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

numberoneposter posted:

Tried the chicken wings today.[/timg]

Truly blessed

Ror posted:

gently caress I wish we had chicken and fries down here

incredible that the dog is still $1.50 with the exchange rate though, PBUC

I wonder what the cheapest glizzy is in the world

large hands fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Nov 20, 2022

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

My friend on FB posted a few days ago about buying a bunch of crab lags from Costco and when she opened them they were blackish inside. Yikes.

Her husband's boyfriend must have been very disappointed

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

:mrgw:

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Soul Dentist posted:

What's that like 12 real dollars?

63 finest beaver pelts

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Best food court memories here is when they had Montreal smoked meat sandwiches. They kept pouches of smoked meat in hot water and would open them up and put them on a bun when you ordered. Kosher dill on the side and load it up with onions, sauerkraut and mustard from the condiment bar.

We've fallen so far...

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

FORUMS USER 1135 posted:

I saw on an episode of either cooks country or cooking with nick stellino years ago about olive oil that if every square foot of Italy was covered in olives it still wouldn’t make enough olives to produce the annual amount of “Italian” olive oil that is sold. There is a lot of counterfeit product that spoils the entire supply chain since it gets mixed into legit products. Good olive oil should be spicy if you eat a spoonful by itself. California olive oil is great because there isn’t the counterfeiting pressure (yet).

The best way to get good Italian olive oil is to buy Kirkland.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

bunnyofdoom posted:

Sadly Canadian Costco doesn't have... Jongga...

This is not true, they have it at mine in bc. Start filling out those request cards...

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

God that movie and book.

Still give me chills.

they're taking us to the smokehouse!

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Picked up a jar of the Crofters organic cherry fruit spread. Thought it was going to be jam but it's like really delicious cherry pie filling. Gonna get some frozen puff pastry and make turnovers.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
How do you gently caress up mashed potatoes so badly

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Picked up a few 18 packs of full sized chocolate bars for Halloween. Started to put a pretty good dent in them already... I should have known better

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

fischtick posted:

Once upon a time there was a perfectly serviceable Kirkland Signature dutch oven. Steel knob on the lid, a touch thin/light, a smidge less capacity, and a steal at ~$50... or $20 more than just the official le Creuset steel knob replacement (you want to replace the plastic knobs if you're doing lots of baking because they're not rated for 500 F).

I can't speak for the ones (Tramontia??) they sell in the warehouse today.

Got mine a decade ago and it's still going strong. Mostly used for baking no-knead bread but lots of stews, braises and deep frying too

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

actionjackson posted:

I finally got a costco membership. I assume they have stuff in stores not on their website? I need a new sonicare brush, but on the website they only have it in two packs.

They've only ever sold them in two packs at my warehouse. Well the motors are in 2 packs, the heads are ten packs I think.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

astral posted:

And those two-packs usually cost about the same as a one-pack everywhere else, so even if you don't have immediate use for the second one it's like getting a free spare for when the first one dies. They also tend to come with a good number/variety of brush heads.

Yeah, we buy the two packs and find you get about two years out of each unit. The travel chargers/cases they come with are nice and like you say, the price is unbeatable, especially when they go on sale every six months or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
It's Kirkland merino wool sock and merino base layer season :getin: