Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

InsertPotPun posted:

they're all just hoping to steal some of his audience away. no honor among scum.

That's exactly what I figured Crowder's stake was in having Jones as a guest on his show the moment I saw that tweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Alex Jones should be required to move into Lowtax's last rental house and live off a stipend that's only good enough to let him keep his pantry stocked from Dollar General, until such a point that he personally earns & pays off the verdict money.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

rotinaj posted:

Would alex pivot to saying that al capone was actually a hero fighting the unjust government if he went to jail for tax evasion

Seeing as he would get out and go right back to the radio podcast grift

Whatever happened to the good old days like kevin mitnick being court ordered to never use a computer again? Make alex never be able to broadcast again.

Or never be allowed to drink again.

Kevin Mitnick now runs a corpo-friendly network security consultation firm that create quarterly videos for lazy/incompetent netsoc managers to mandate employees watch. Imagine network security tutorials reduced to insipid McDonalds new hire training videos, and that's what Mitnick is up to these days.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Facebook Aunt posted:

He's dumb as a box of rocks and was probably drunk when he came up with the plan.

His dad's probably driving the plan, who sounds like a less stupid but comparably evil piece of poo poo to Alex. Alex meanwhile is probably causing the guy to pull his own hair out because he's dumb as a box of rocks and keeps revealing the squirreled away caches of money.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

"Your honor, you see, when someone points out to somebody else that my client is a pathological liar, it is THEY that are the baddies for signal-boosting my client's pathological lies. Therefore innocent."

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Xiahou Dun posted:

That Akira Kurosawa, pretty loving good at his job. I just rewatched Seven Samurai the other day.

Then I immediately watched the lovely new Magnificent Seven. Jesus loving christ it was like whiplash.

Kurosawa is so good, that my youngest last year at age 10 sat through the entirety of Seven Samurai because he thought it was awesome. He is a bit of a precocious reader for his age so the subs weren't that rough on him, but I seriously expected to lose him through the numerous panoramic shots that Kurosawa was infatuated with. Any director that can hold the attention of a kid who prefers to watch shrieky fart joke Minecraft videos has got chops, alive or dead.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Considering that from what little I dimly recall Achmed (the name of that specific character) is supposed to be taking the piss out of the Taliban in specific, maybe? It is still weird though, yes.

I have a friend who's an Egyptian national and he loves tagging me with Achmed memes; what our Arab / Mediterranean / Persian friends find funny is the idea that this is your average rear end in a top hat American's idea of what a Muslim's goal in life is. It's just part of the chest of tropes that the rest of the world has about Americans, such as we're all cheeseburger-gnawing, obese, paranoid, armed-to-the-teeth Christian-fanatic ivory tower world-hegemons. That kind of thing.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Tea Party Crasher posted:

He looks like a caveman and a confederate general were merged in an unethical experiment

He sounds close to one too.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Upsidads posted:

So captain cavemaaaaauuuaaaaan

Captain Caveman tried helping people. A loving badly animated cartoon about a paleolithic superdunce has more class, wit and sophistication than Jones.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I hope not personally.

We also watched a lot of Martin Yan! :)

Timestamped:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHmyAoY-HrA&t=277s

That was violent.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Well, Habba's looking for work I hear.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Pirate Radar posted:

At least Tiger King also got some bad attention directed at Doc Antle, who came across (to me at least) as like Tiger King but more competent and thus probably worse and had that sort of cultish vibe about him. He’s since been convicted of money laundering and wildlife trafficking.

Dude is totally running his own variety of NXIVM cult but he's cunning enough to keep the scale from becoming unmanageable. He's got an evil, controlling vibe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Well I specifically mentioned "anecdotes" because one off examples don't really prove anything...

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35065658/

nih.gov article on narcissism not being particularly rare for suicide.