Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Grand Fromage posted:

it's impossible to overstate how incompetent jones' lawyers are. spectacular idiots. I could do better

Their job isn’t to be good lawyers. Hell, if they do a bad job that’s maybe good for him because it means he can throw them under the bus when he loses.

Does anyone know if he managed to go through with what seemed like the new plan, to create an additional set of shell entities in Delaware where it’s harder to go after assets? I remember that coming up last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I didn’t say those things people think I said. Unless you agree with me, in which case I was right to say them. But legally speaking I didn’t say them and if I did I was speaking hypothetically. Also please don’t ask where this highly detailed background check on one of the people suing me came from, I don’t know and you can’t prove I ordered it.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

B-Rock452 posted:

Turned on the stream just to hear the witness try to excuse that e mail by saying "in his mind he didn't believe the child existed" which is probably one of the worst answers she could have given lol. Did the defense not prepare their witnesses at all?

Was it Daria? She’s the one who previously said that it was actually good for Jones (or maybe Halbig?) to claim that Sandy Hook never happened, because isn’t it better to imagine those children didn’t die? :kheldragar:

The Knowledge Fight hosts said they can’t tell if she’s ever being stupid on purpose or if she’s just naturally like that.

E: I can’t watch the stream rn but it sounds like it is Daria

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

this is the Podcaster's Gambit, you could just read the same wiki they're reading but they're going to throw some sassy riffs on top of it as a middleman

In this case it's "watch/listen to everything Alex Jones puts out" instead of "read the wiki" so having someone else do it is well worth it.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Grand Fromage posted:

This isn't the "technically probably killed a guy" story Alex told though.

I’m surprised this hasn’t come up on one of the KF episodes I’ve caught, Jones is so addicted to self-promotion he loves talking himself up even if it comes across as weird and self-defeating. You’d think “I totally once killed a guy with my strong man fists” would be something he’d hint hint wink wink nudge nudge about to make himself sound cool more often.

Like how whenever he talks about abortion he goes on a digression into how when he was younger he paid for a lot of abortions because he’s so masculine and potent and yadda yadda, and only after speaking glowingly about himself for a while does he remember to circle back to “but uh, abortion is bad and I know that now”

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

its all nice on rice posted:

The "probably killed a guy" eventually comes up and is part of their closer for a while. "[person ] probably never killed a guy. But you know who technically, probably did? Alex Jones." He's talked several times about "stomping someone's guts out" too.
He's also a dog murderer.

You know, now that you bring up "stomping someone's guts out" that sounds familiar, I guess I just didn't connect it to "probably killed a guy"

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I mean. This defense lawyer is obviously bad. Baby's first case trial. But like- what does all this behavior do to win the case exactly? How is this getting him closer to victory by acting completely unprofessional and like the piece of poo poo he represents?

From Jones’s perspective having a lovely lawyer might be good, because if he can later claim that he had incompetent representation he can try to get the damages reduced, or even sue the lawyer and give that money to the plaintiffs instead of his own money.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I cannot imagine that his testimony would help his case.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Okay so non-lawyer galaxy brain spitballing time, how does this work: if you get compelled to testify in a civil case, and you just go up there and take the 5th in response to every question, can the court do anything about that or are they supposed to respect that? If Jones takes the 5th in response to a question where the answer couldn't possibly implicate him in an actual crime, is that perjury? Or do they just accept it because they can't prove he didn't commit a crime?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

0konner posted:

Grain force plus

:hmmyes: Each bucket's a bargain at only twenty denarii!

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yes. Here's the complaint from the TUFTA case that lays out what they knew of his finances earlier this year:

https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/alex-jones-tufta.pdf

Also, note that Alex Jones has not once filed bankruptcy - he has just used otherwise empty shell LLCs instead.

As I understand it these trials have done wonders for people’s understanding of how Jones’s companies are structured; until now nobody quite had a map of the weird web of shell and holding companies he’d set up to obfuscate things, but him trying to claim that he and his public-facing companies are worth almost nothing has invited people to poke around and find out which alphabet-soup holding companies created by him and his family members actually own all the assets and “rent” them to Infowars.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I assume you have to figure out how much money there is in order to decide on punitive damages. Jones will claim there’s no money and try to say a even the tiniest damages would be unfairly heavy for him.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Wait, is it Emric? I thought it was Emmerich.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Scam Likely posted:

I like this summary of AJ's schtick:

"Look at what Alex is doing. He's got an inaccurate piece of information he doesn't fully understand, and he's using that lack of knowledge on his part to insist there MUST be a conspiracy. Because of this incorrect information there are two possibilities: Either the government did this or they're covering up who did because they let it happen. There isn't a third possibility to him that he ever considers, and that is almost alway the correct one; that he doesn't know what he's talking about and he's wrong.

This is the same poo poo with his Sandy Hook stuff. All of it was based on incorrect information that he'd decided to accept as true so that he could claim there were anomolies with the shooting that would justify him calling it a false flag so he could pretend that the Government was using mass shootings to push gun control. He's kind of a one trick pony and that one trick is being wrong."

Knowledge Fight episode #707 at 1:19:00

I thought it was a hoot that their recent episodes where they review what his show was like on 9/11 revealed that a) the day’s special guest was Joe Rogan and b) Rogan got exasperated with Jones for saying he was 98% sure the EU had done it in order to weaken the dollar against the newly-launched Euro, and finally said something like “Alex, you’re my friend, but you know what your problem is? You can never just say you don’t know what’s going on.” And that’s why everything is a globalist conspiracy: because that way you can always say you know what’s going on.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Also why this is like, the fifth legal team he’s gone through during these cases

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
He’s married to his ego and can’t be forced to testify against it

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Grand Fromage posted:

Most famously, Alex Jones was the original actor planned to play Starlord in Guardians of the Galaxy but was unable to do it because of the Globalists

This makes it extra funny that the closest he’s actually come to being in Marvel is the new iteration of J. Jonah Jameson being a riff on him. I remember that pissed him off, but also he was complaining that he tried to go watch No Way Home and the mall was closed (because of a shooting, I think) and he didn’t get to see the movie, so he was also angrily demanding to see pictures of Spider-Man.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Are Jones’s bankruptcy lawyers the same people as his defamation lawyers? Normally I’d assume no, those are different parts of the law, but this is a, uh, weird case

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I’m unclear on two points: first, can anything he says on the stand actually cause a mistrial? And, if he becomes the “in BED with a goblin” version of himself we all know and love, and there is a mistrial (whether it’s because of him or not), will his testimony here be admissible in the next trial?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Hollismason posted:

I'm pretty sure you can't intentionally cause your own mistrial , but uh he may try.

Yeah I didn’t think so, they probably teach that in year 1 of law school, so of course maybe his lawyers think you can.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Is ant powder a good chili ingredient?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Just like how he should have been able to put up a better legal defense if he wasn’t a stupid rear end in a top hat, Jones should have been able to get away with hiding all the money and important assets behind a weird corporate structure like that, he can afford to pay people to set that up for him, but instead he did it stupidly and badly.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

goatface posted:

He might end up in a secure psych unit at this rate.

If I were on the jury I’d be asking the judge if we could vote for that

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I think Jones is probably already at the point where he'd have "gently caress you no consequences for meeeeeee" money if he weren't Alex Jones, because part of the "no consequences" part involves using your fat stacks of cash to hire good lawyers and then listening to them, and Jones has hired bad lawyers and is pathologically incapable of listening to advice.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Even the documents they did turn over included some weird poo poo like that background check on one of the plaintiffs that nobody will admit to ordering. Whatever they didn’t turn over is probably some poo poo.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
This was quite a thread to catch up on today. I wonder if we’ve hit the high-water mark of insane events yet or if this trial still has more in the tank.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Cross your fingers that whatever the final amount is, they try to make him pay up fast, before he can have another sale or call up his mysterious benefactor, because I bet he doesn’t have a lot of ready cash to pay the judgement with and having to liquidate some assets might at least inconvenience him

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I’d like to know who gave Jones that $8mil bailout recently, and I bet the phone leak has some clues about it.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
He might have to sell some toys—the boat, the big truck, etc—and that will piss him off

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Xiahou Dun posted:

The tank???

It’s not even a tank! It’s a Ford with armor plating owned by a delusional narcissist.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Xiahou Dun posted:

O so a technical.

Only when he stands up in the back of it, since his voice is a weapon.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

A lot of far right figures (c.f. Trump) are extremely funny. It's a very effective public speaking tactic because anyone acknowledging they told a joke is immediately deluged by the most tiresome libs you've ever seen doing godawful poo poo like this

I’m not sure we’re talking about them being funny on purpose.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
E: wrong thread

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

A bunch of posters with regdates from when SA was well within its "comedy forum where we find harmless weirdos and call them human being a lot" era now acting like they can't conceive of humor being morally neutral or deliberately deployed by a mean person, yeah creepy's a good word.

Beep boop the Trump unit has only offered an endorsement for "Eric", I believe this error will be corrected swiftly

Saying poo poo you really believe (or has the right vibe, like the Hillary demon stuff) in a funny way is a staple of goon humor, such as it is, and obviously a great posture for propagandists to take where they can always simultaneously be speaking God's truth and doing an absurdist bit and where they fall on that scale from moment to moment depends on how much the listener personally agrees with what they're saying right now.

Pretending you don't get that he's being funny by yelling about gay frogs or how Obama smells like farts from all the sulfur in Hell doesn't really do anything to rhetorically combat that, though, it just makes you the butt of the joke.

Maybe it’s a misalignment on what people mean by being funny on purpose, then. I could blow up in absurd rage at this post and shout “I’M THE BUTT OF THE JOKE?! SURE PAL, I’M THE BIGGEST BUTT AROUND, GET READY FOR SOME poo poo!” or “YEAH I’M THE BUTT, AND YOU’RE TRYING TO gently caress ME!” or whatever, and I might be having a little fun with it because shouting silly things is funny, but I’m not sure it would count as being funny on purpose. If that was a bad example because I wrote this post while eating sunflower seeds then just imagine something funny in all caps instead of what’s there.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

wit posted:

What if Alex Jones' dick pics led them to Roger Stone's phone which had dick pics of all the alt right and were sent to Trump which is why Trump was raided by the feds today?

Its not a real theory, I'm just workshopping my new screenplay, The Da Vinci Chode.

Tom Hanks plays a renowned chodologist called in to investigate when a Catholic priest is murdered and pictures of his weird hosed-up dick are leaked on the internet

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Excuse me while I imagine some people I claim to dislike having wild, adventurous sex like the soggy libertines they must assuredly be

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Xiahou Dun posted:

"Soggy" is a very disquieting word here.

Apparently Jones was sweating so much in court just sitting there that it was dripping off of him

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
You know how Mr. Freeze has to live in a super-chilled suit or a freezing room to stay alive? Same idea, basically.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Hopefully the only way those pics get out there is if Jones ends up so far in the hole after all this that he has to start a Jonelyfans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I hope I don’t see pictures of Jones rogering anyone while I’m stoned