Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

BigglesSWE posted:

Daria brings horrid flashbacks to school of watching someone being stumped during a presentation they very obviously didn’t prepare for and everyone knows it.

That was my impression with about half of the depositions.

Also I'm so glad I found this thread. I've only been listening to Knowledge Fight in the last month or two, and it's been my bright spot this whole summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

SalTheBard posted:

Yep I also just started listening to that podcast after they appeared on Behind the Bastards and that is the main reason I'm following it today.

I'm going backwards through their back catalogue (after all of the depositions -- if you haven't heard the Roger Stone one, drop what you're doing and listen to it).

It is equal parts hilarious, frustrating, and scary.

Grand Fromage posted:

Can't lie under oath if you legitimately don't know anything. :science:

Good work, Barnes!

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Stefan Prodan posted:

i love knowledge fight but I just wish anyone else besides Jordan could be on it, that guy has a good heart but he is so annoying

I've gotten so used to him at this point that I get disappointed whenever he doesn't interrupt with a giant cackle.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Grand Fromage posted:

It's a good podcast, give it a listen. Dan is legit probably the world expert on Alex at this point.

He really is.

I loved the moment when (I think) Bill Ogden came on the podcast to say that he admitted that InfoWars got two conspiracies right, one of which was Jeffrey Epstein.

Dan immediately had to jump in and say, "No, he didn't!" because Alex accuses everyone of being some kind of pedophile.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

BigRed0427 posted:

Man...Daria's testimony sounded like a nightmare according to Jordan.

Can't wait for Alex.

It was the same as her deposition. The only thing that's changed as far as I can see is that now she's in front of a jury.

She even repeated the line about believing it to be a hoax is better because at least there's a chance the kids are still alive :psyduck:

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Mr. Nice! posted:

JONES IS BACK

I was wondering who that was!

I've never really had that much interest to visit Texas, but there's something about this trial that makes me want to visit it some day.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

BigglesSWE posted:

I’m sure Texas has some god tier bbq restaurants but so have many other places.

LMAO I just remembered the time PJW was in Austin, complaining about the hotel food on Twitter. Every single reply was, "Buddy, take like a 5-minute walk in any direction and you could probably find some dynamite barbecue place!"

To be honest, the food is the main reason I've ever wanted to visit the US, and barbecue is the main reason I've ever wanted to visit the South.

Robo Reagan posted:

texas can be pretty and has a lot of interesting history but stay the gently caress away from the rural parts if you ever go. austin and houston are chill

Yep, so I've heard.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Herbicidal Maniac posted:

"she was earlier a corporate representative, but shouldn't be considered now" is definitely a take.

As was "She shouldn't be expected to be a corporate representative for a period in time in which she wasn't even employed."

"Well, that was your choice."

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Herbicidal Maniac posted:

lol at Alex. He is MASSIVE. But walking in trying to be congenial and everything.

https://twitter.com/gotobedjordan/status/1552368386926989313?s=20&t=h1WvhMtBs2Rj-Tm4DGEBbA

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

All right, which one of you called the trial?

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Mark's pulling the Watson email again!

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Robo Reagan posted:

because lawyers are all about luring people in to saying something then pulling out receipts for a gotcha. marks just straight up playing her lol

shes like the perfect person for them to work against

Owen admitting he's a puppet was the same.

"I'm Ron Burgundy."

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Robo Reagan posted:

yesh what's the penalty for perjury in cases like this? because she's done it a couple times

From what I remember, none initially.

It requires an additional criminal prosecution, whereby you attach perjury to those criminal proceedings or something like that.

I remember Mark saying, "I know this. Jones knows this. Jones's lawyers know this."

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Taint of the Info-Warrior.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

AHH F/UGH posted:

the lawyers are James Corden vs Mehmet Oz

And yet when I first heard his voice, I kept thinking that Mark sounded like Malcolm Reynolds.

Might've been the accent, but I kept imagining Nathan Fillion as a space cowboy lawyer.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Mr. Nice! posted:

Daria was not prepped to testify at trial as a corporate rep. She was the only designated corporate rep following the death penalty sanction, and her deposition was considered a non-appearance. But, because they didn't designate anyone else, she's the principle representative of all of the corporate defendants.

All three corporate representative depositions were great. Full of absolute "I don't know"s. One of them was from a lawyer, who should know what "corporate representative" means!

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

It wasn't until today that I found out that his name is spelled Wolfgang Halbig.

Kept thinking it was Howlbig or something.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Grand Fromage posted:

He was a major source of "info" for Alex' Sandy Hook stuff and was on as an expert guest a number of times. Not an employee.

"We found him to be completely credible and an expert in his field."

"You saw his emails. You saw his actions. You saw how he lives. In what world is he not a complete lunatic?"

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

:siren: Globalists :siren:

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

TulliusCicero posted:

Lmao no fuckin way

Does anyone have a link to the video that leaked last year that showed a young Alex showing a local city councillor's overgrown yard? I can only find Youtube clips that show it within their own show.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

MEIN RAVEN posted:

It's true. This was before he met the love of his life: chili

That's the kind of love that can make you forget your troubles in life.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Scam Likely posted:

Oh, and Alex had Joe Rogan as a guest on his 9/11 live broadcast, lol.

Not only was he on, but he was the rational one. Holy poo poo, NewsRadio-era Joe Rogan was a different beast entirely.

(Obviously the same germ of bullshit was still there, but still incredible).

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Goddamnit I left work at 5:30 Eastern to go home and missed some bonkers events.

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Even this is giving jones too much credit. Alex jones didn't start calling everyone a pedophile until 2016 with pizzagate. before that it was that they were all gay, and they all had sex with male prostitutes. all the epstein stuff that came out between 2006 and 2015 was done by local journalists in florida then later british and american tabloids. jones never mentioned epstein before 2012, and even then he only really mentioned him rarely and I believe mostly as some rich pedophile who was friends with powerful people. It wasnt until 2016 and then 2019 that he started to talk about him frequently and also when he began to act like he has been talking about epstein and how he was in charge of a child prostitution operation for the last 2 decades.

He also mentioned Jussie Smollett and they had to interject with, "only because Alex is a racist and accuses every major Black figure of race baiting!"

I think Alex also claims the Gulf of Tonkin as a false flag he was right about, which is just... hoo boy.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Mr. Nice! posted:

Further, even if they had submitted written questions in advance of the depositions, the Jones team would have still stonewalled because that’s their strategy.

As I recall, the corporations as witnesses were given a list of topics that were going to be covered (don't know if they got specific questions, but I assume additional details were asked) and none of the corporate witnesses knew anything about what was asked.

That's why they kept having to ask Rob Dew, "Do you personally not know, or does the corporation not know?" when Dew kept answering that he doesn't know.

A corporation legitimately not knowing something is one thing, because records can be lost, informal poo poo, etc., but none of them did any research at all.

I assume part of that led to the summary judgment, but I don't know as I only recently started listening to this. I'm not a long-time listener/first-time caller.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I mean. This defense lawyer is obviously bad. Baby's first case trial. But like- what does all this behavior do to win the case exactly? How is this getting him closer to victory by acting completely unprofessional and like the piece of poo poo he represents?

Also, underneath:

https://twitter.com/K0stroun/status/1552646343616782336?s=20&t=besiRE9J7ZTpTI5W_nC_Sg

Woooooooow, I wonder if there's going to be some fallout from this. An absolute shitshow.

Edit:

mojo1701a fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jul 28, 2022

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

LMAO Daria's not qualified to be a business records custodian.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Mr. Nice! posted:

Just a clarification: Summary judgment is when there is no dispute of material fact and one party is entitled to judgment as a matter of law. That isn't what happened here. It could have happened if Jones had participated in discovery at all, but he didn't.

What happened here is a full default on liability also known as a death penalty sanction. This is an extremely rare thing to have occur and requires specific findings of bad faith by one of the parties.

My bad, I got the two confused. It was the default judgment I was thinking of.

teen witch posted:

In all honesty, the absolute :brainworms: this has become I feel will genuinely affect the law in some sort of way.

I mean, "cuck destroyer" is now a matter of legal record.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I briefly entertained being a lawyer, but the only slice of the law I'm interested in is constitutional law and uh, they don't teach just that at law school. I do not care about torts, contracts, civil cases, etc

Maritime law would also be interesting to me

I had to take an intro to business law course for my (eventual) CPA designation. I found the basics interesting but gently caress me if I ever want to do all of that research for a living.

I only occasionally have to look up relevant accounting standards because 99% of my job is filing not-dissimilar corporate and personal tax returns.

kntfkr posted:

Attorney at Sea

Hey, save it for the stand, Barry Zuckerkorn.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Seth Pecksniff posted:

In undergrad I took a business law course taught by a real sitting judge, and a constitutional law course. The business law was interesting from a consumer perspective but I agree with you: holy poo poo I never want to do it

I do remember, however, if you're in an accident with a corporate vehicle the corporation is liable. I think I remember that at least...

Oh, mine was just a college course as part of a two-year accounting diploma.

I'm just thankful that Canadian law seems much more "spirit of the law" and based on good-faith arguments (and that the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms is flexible, despite what the convoy morons say).

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

You guys weren't kidding. Daria is a lot more open and eloquent with the defence counsel.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

So we're just going through the greatest hits now.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

So wait, what's defence's reasoning for playing a long-rear end clip? Was it just to show that he's not just screeching about how it was all fake?

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Scam Likely posted:

Watching this much Infowars outta nowhere has gotta be dangerous for the jurors. You can see the guy in the foreground scribbling onto his notepad, "Can jet fuel really melt steel beams???"

A couple of them already got whiplash from the ad pivot played yesterday.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Maybe they're attempt to play to the "This is Texas and we love guns" in the jury.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

happyhippy posted:

That would be amazing.
"After reviewing the evidence, we the Jury, have unanimously agreed that the kids from Sandy Hook were indeed Russian Soros Clinton Deep States funded Lizard being actors."

Bill was on the podcast talking about how he was asked to join the team because he used to watch InfoWars as a joke. After watching hours of video, he needed a break because he started to wonder if maybe Jones was right.

Could be that.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

"The CIA created video games to make people into killers" is one I feel like I should've heard before, but haven't until now.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Lawlicaust posted:

Wait, are they really trying to give more detail to the conspiracy theories as a defense???

Like are they trying to say that Alex legitimately believed there was a government conspiracy (and wink wink maybe there was) so they should take it easy on him?

And yet they haven't explained what a Prozac-head is.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

KitConstantine posted:

Daria would barely admit to knowing who Rob Dew (sp?) was yesterday. Now she can rattle off his history.

gently caress you lady

Holy poo poo yeah. I hope the jury remembers this.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

KitConstantine posted:

It is genuinely pissing me off how much her memory has 'improved' now that the defense is doing the questioning.

It's infuriating.

I don't blame you. It's a complete 180.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

I really wish the stream included the stenographer's live transcription. That way I could go back and quickly read what I just missed.