Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

I'm so glad to catch part of this live after listening to Knowledge Fight for so long. 4 years of anticipation finally paying off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

I'm legitimately sad that this can't be recorded. legally

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

More hot mic action from Alex right now. drat audio is so choppy though.

e: lovely snipe

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

So this Wolfgang guy was openly bragging in an email about how thankful he was for his police connections who gave him confidential witness protection info, which he used to physically confront victims... wow.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I go away for a few hours and Daria is still on the god damned stand lmao

It's remarkable to watch a woman roll continuously under a bus via live Zoom feed.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Hollismason posted:

Wait so they just took information from a random guy and were like "Yeah this seems legit?". What the gently caress.

This is literally Infowars to it's deepest darkest core.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

The Knowledge Fight episode where they replay Alex Jones's 9/11 broadcast is super illuminating. He has some old friend of his call in because they're in NYC and witnessed the towers collapsing.

The guest mentions how the towers appeared to fall in a similar manner to building demolitions. Alex says he knows the guy took structural engineering classes in college, and the dude is like, "Uh, I guess. I took "a" class in college years ago but it wasn't my major. Anyway lotta dust and people dying here gotta go!"

Alex then proceeds to transform this brief conversation into his guest being a world renowned Strutucal Engineer who personally drew the plans for the towers and studied the effects of airplanes on skyscrapers. He literally fabricates it on air before your ears, but his listeners are like babies with no object permanence so who the gently caress cares? It proves 9/11 it was definitely a false flag (perpetrated by the EU to weaken the dollar, according to Alex)

The whole show is basically your childhood friend who had an Uncle who worked at Nintendo. That friend then grew up and now says he personally knew an elite Seal Team Six marine who personally shot Bin Laden. It's the same drat childish exaggeration being spewed multiple hours a day to morons.

Oh, and Alex had Joe Rogan as a guest on his 9/11 live broadcast, lol.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Watching this much Infowars outta nowhere has gotta be dangerous for the jurors. You can see the guy in the foreground scribbling onto his notepad, "Can jet fuel really melt steel beams???"

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

It's painful to listen to uncut Infowars without the Knowledge Fight boys calling out the bullshit. I can hear their voices interjecting in my mind as this plays. Oh god, do I have the voices in my head?

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

They're literally going for a "Red pill the jury" defense. Mother of God...

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

I'm starting to think these Infowars hosts don't actually put much effort into the Info part of their network.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

This is triggering severe flashbacks to 3rd grade me getting called out for scribbling some offensive graffiti on a school assignment before handing it in, cause I was a dumbass, and I kept up the "dur who knows HOW that got there???" defense for way too long because I'm an even bigger dumbass.

Somehow this grown man is using the same 3rd grade level defense.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Infowars
Tucker Carlson
Joe Rogan

vs.

Knowledge Fight
Behind the Bastards
Opening Arguments

Go!

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Being simultaneously very mean but way too nice with these assholes.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Yeah, is anyone surprised that the boy who cried wolf continuously for thirty years is desperately hoping to actually be attacked by a wolf? Their website is called banned.video for christs sake. Their entire MO is to bellow and shriek at every perceived slight because people throw money at them for it.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

bone napoleon posted:

Has Alex Jones been in court before under oath? I feel like he'd try to claim it's an admiralty court and refuse its authority or he would simmer down to mild/reasonable.

He's done recorded depositions and those are under oath. Predictably, they're obnoxiously boring/frustrating affairs of Jones forgetting the meaning of human words.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

There need to be daily video recaps of these things.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

The judge mentioning that she likes cold water really busts my theory that she's a Chinese Communist plant sent to ruin Alex Jones for speaking the truth, because we all know that cold water is bad for healthy.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Law and Crime recording of today is up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpT2hHgbg8s

e: Go to 2:35:45 for the "Well you hate Alex Jones don't you?" bit.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

BigglesSWE posted:

Looking back at the recording and lol defense lawyer is so smug when he thinks he's got a real gotcha with "oh so the Republican Party has been a white power party since the 60's? I guess you think Dwight Eisenhower was a white power nationalist?"

1:58:10 is a definite lol

"Before this case you were familiar with Mr. Jones and Infowars?"

"Yes, it's impossible to research disinformation on the internet and not encounter Mr Jones's work."

"You honor I object."

"Overruled."

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Rinkles posted:

Sure, but at least there's a lot of push back and dunking on the loons too.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

I like this summary of AJ's schtick:

"Look at what Alex is doing. He's got an inaccurate piece of information he doesn't fully understand, and he's using that lack of knowledge on his part to insist there MUST be a conspiracy. Because of this incorrect information there are two possibilities: Either the government did this or they're covering up who did because they let it happen. There isn't a third possibility to him that he ever considers, and that is almost alway the correct one; that he doesn't know what he's talking about and he's wrong.

This is the same poo poo with his Sandy Hook stuff. All of it was based on incorrect information that he'd decided to accept as true so that he could claim there were anomolies with the shooting that would justify him calling it a false flag so he could pretend that the Government was using mass shootings to push gun control. He's kind of a one trick pony and that one trick is being wrong."

Knowledge Fight episode #707 at 1:19:00

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Imagine living inside of a Twitter slap fight. That is the purgatory AJ exists in.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

mobby_6kl posted:

Alex Jones was in A Scanner Darkly??

Holy poo poo he was! I had no idea who the gently caress this is back then of course. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bliFkRnN6e4

Feelin' pretty sorry for the artist that had to interpret AJ's face, frame by frame, to draw the black line over where his imaginary jaw line would be if his neck wasn't so freakishly large.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

For the lurkers, it feels like we should post our favorite Knowledge Fight episodes. Or just AJ adjacent content. I say this as I listen to a QAnon Anonymous podcast illuminating how TikTok is full of insane pilled content that will doom younger Gen Z's to carry on AJ's torch of insanity.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Nessus posted:

Based on what, the posts in this thread?

A former employer of mine was revealed, slowly, to be an Infowarrior who thought it was really Punk Rock to oppose big gov and vaccine mandates and basically parrot everything Tucker espouses. Dude was ready to tan his balls to make up for his deficiencies. Well, he lost his wife and kids through Covid because he was a true believer. He's still got money to burn and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he gave it to Mr. Alex "Tippo Daspear" Jones.

His base is NUTS.

Either the crypto money or the Patriot-Patreon funds will be enough to keep him going. His operation is basically a paid for studio and some internet hosting fees. It doesnt' cost much to keep Infowars polluting the wider internet.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

As in they left him and are now living happily far away from his crazy rear end right?

Correct. Custody battle lost, which is basically Chud Conversion Fast-track 101 which results in chronic posting of live stream rants via cell phone shot from drivers seat of car while wearing dark sunglasses.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

I'm so glad my lunch Reaktor coincided with this. So very glad.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

REYNAL is the new IANAL

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

It warms my heart so much to see everybody rallying around the posting pile in this moment. It's why I love this dead gay comedy forum.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

SalTheBard posted:

So I was typing this out on my phone and deleted it, but now that I can type it on my computer here we go:

When 9/11 happened I was young Airman (I was 20 years old and had been in the military less than a year, I was still in school when it happened). I believed the official report, etc, etc, etc. Then sometime around 2005 I saw Loose Change, and a friend introduced me to InfoWars and then I went FULL 9/11 truther. I believed that Bush had orchestrated 9/11 to go to war, I thought he was going to declare martial law, you name it I thought it was going to happen. I listened to InfoWars as much as I could. About a year later I started listening to Air America Radio (Al Frankens "Liberal Talk radio station") and gradually shifted out of the full blown InfoWars conspiracy guy. I'm thankful that I had friends who were like "dude that is loving nuts you know that right?" and were able to kind of suck me out of the eco system. I totally understand how people fall down that rabbit hole though and I will be loving happy when that scourge goes off the air.

Goddamn. I know its an unreasonable ask, but please help us find ways to pull others out of it.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Rinkles posted:

I forgot how many people got ensnared by Loose Change. I didn't realize at the time that it was a portent of things to come. The internet makes you stupid, but social media turned that dial to 11.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/10/podcasts/the-daily/911-conspiracy-theories-loose-change.html?smid=url-share

NY Times Daily had a fantastic retrospective look at Loose Change 20 years later, and it's eye opening how young the internet was and how naive the users were. Google Videos really made it possible.

The biggest takeaway is just how amateurish it was made, literally by teenage boys in their bedrooms. It's super pathetic in hindsight and anyone who still gives it credibility is 100% a loving moron.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

SalTheBard posted:

In fact I think i still have the CD he burned me of with a bunch of Alex Jones stuff on it somewhere. It's just a CD labled INFOWARS that I thought was the coolest poo poo ever.

IIRC this was a big factor in the popularity and spread of LC. It hit right at the time CD-RW's became common-place.

E: maybe not commonplace, but available for the common idiot conspiracist to procure, burn and mail off.

Scam Likely fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 8, 2022

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

mojo1701a posted:

IANAL REYNAL so I don't know.

Fixed for you.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Mr. Nice! posted:

In this case we get both! Medical records were on the hard drive and then put onto dropbox or onedrive where they were then shared accidentally with Mark Bankston.

It's my impression that Jones shuffled through so many lawyers that each time they tapped out they'd just send everything they had for the next guy to deal with. Like quitting a lovely job and leaving your work computer on for the next guy to figure out with the password scrawled on a post-it.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

MEIN RAVEN posted:

Sooooo uhhhhhhhh how's the chili coming?

I don't recall.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

A gag order seems pretty reasonable right about now. Just slap an ankle bracelet around his face for the duration of the trial.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Yeah, he's already guilty. Him hyperbolically saying "I killed those kids" is just reinforcing the fictional alternative reality he's spun about the trial. His audience imagines rabid liberals screeching "He killed the kids!!", because that's the bubble Alex has manufactured for his listeners. He's just saying what his audience wants to hear because it'll keep their wallets open and their eyes closed.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

duz posted:

There's a kid who survived Parkland whose father says it was fake and that his kid's friends didn't die.
Alex Jones and his ilk really need to be stopped.

This has got to be the result of population wide lead poisoning. I genuinely can't think of another reason so many peoples neural interconnects could collectively snap into such a dumb arrangement upon the sound of Jones's voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

I wish big pharma lawsuits were as proportional to the harm/profit as this case was. This feels like progress.