Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Xakura posted:

Are you paying attention? It's capped.
Compensatory isn't capped, that's the one competent thing Jones' lawyer did trying to convince the jury that these compensatory damages shouldn't be much

Punitive damages are capped at 750k (possibly plus some multiplier of compensatory)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Funky See Funky Do posted:

The weird refusal to attribute anything positive to political enemies is kind of creepy. Of course Jones, Trump etc can be funny on purpose.
Sure, but mostly unintentionally and there's no need to hand it to them when they say stuff they clearly believe then go all "can't you take a joke?"

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

And to add, he's absolutely thrown around Protocols of the Elders of Zion poo poo on his show

That idea that he's not fully there is entirely the point of the plausible deniability approach

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Plan R posted:

Can someone explain to me why a poorly-shaved red-faced drug-addled gorilla can just get away with this poo poo?
Money and external decorum/denial

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Upsidads posted:

How have none of these loons mentioned channel 4's Utopia like it's a documentary for their bullshit?
Or the Netflix remake, which, in a particularly bold move, was released early in the pandemic

(it's too obvious, you see, there's no code to break, nothing to feel special about "noticing")

There's probably no one conspiracy theorist figureheads hate more than people that "scoop" them

stringless fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Sep 24, 2022

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

We won't find out until Tuesday at the earliest, right? Going with $69 million per plaintiff and not entirely as a joke.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I haven't been following super closely, but I was under the impression that the court was doing other things on Mondays and Fridays

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

FFT posted:

Going with $69 million per plaintiff and not entirely as a joke.
$64.3 million per plaintiff, dang

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Good riddance to anyone that tags along for Alex Jonestown

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Sir Tonk posted:

He was also not a household name outside of Austin until way after loose change and the 911 stuff.
"Household name" and "way after" are debatable, he was in Waking Life which came out October 19, 2001 and he was a known quantity at that point

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Captain Beans posted:

maybe i blinked and missed it in Kanye's frequently evolving insanity but...

why is he dressed in a facemask and gloves like he's evil greenman
From the KF thread:

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

He did something similar where he wore a mask all the time while creating an album. He even lived in the basement of a stadium while working on it.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

ZeusCannon posted:

Was there a knowledge fight episode that covered the day it became apparent the jones team turned over all the texts etc?

I only recently started listening to them and wondered
Yes.

I don't remember which one it is off the top of my head, I'll edit it in later

It should be in #712, which also features the Cantina intro song and guests Mark Bankston and Bill Ogden

/e: I listened to #712 and it didn't cover it, so it's probably in #714/715 that recap Jones on the stand

stringless fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Mar 21, 2023

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

ZeusCannon posted:

Was there a knowledge fight episode that covered the day it became apparent the jones team turned over all the texts etc?

I only recently started listening to them and wondered
Update: #714, a bit after 01:46:00 is when the text with PJW gets introduced (and Jones initially tries reading it upside down), ~01:54:00 for the moment

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Yeah I'm 100% in favor of instant justice when it's 100% clear

Especially and particularly when involving the wealthy.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Agents are GO! posted:

Seriously, bankruptcy court has been around a long time, Alex Jones isn't competent enough to think of anything they haven't seen a thousand times before.
I'm sure he'll find a novel combination somehow.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

univbee posted:

quote:

Celebrity lawyer Alan Dershowitz acted as Bakker's parole attorney,
MOTHERFUCKER

guess who was recently a guest on Alex's show

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I was referring to this:
You didn't add that context until a later post.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

https://twitter.com/theCJS/status/1653891458209050628

(Apparently runs a prank show that releases on Mondays and is maybe getting cold feet about posting it at all, who knows)

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Well it's a real show, called "Not Even A Show"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1f3LqWtGb4

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

This ... doesn't actually seem too difficult. I'm going to give it a shot soon. Will report back on whether I get a download in the process.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Just to be clear, you're saying Jordan fucks it up for you, not Alex Jones and his various guests?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Knormal posted:

What happens if you eat the Chicken Fried Steak of Ancient Knowledge and the Chili of Forgetfulness in the same meal?
I don't remember, but it seemed important.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Assuming Brittany Paz is the subject of conversation, yeah, she was the corporate representative, that's the job of a corporate representative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Marsupial Ape posted:

I've always imagined Jordon as cartoon cartwheeling around the room when he loses it, which is why I have always been pro-Jordan.
Especially in "mic down" moments where you can still hear him screaming from what sounds like the other end of the room