Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i think you'll find my list of references impeccable. there's popcorn samus, samus looking at the bird rear end, and red star guy (regrettably no longer available for comment, for obvious reasons).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Bicyclops posted:

i think you'll find my list of references impeccable. there's popcorn samus, samus looking at the bird rear end, and red star guy (regrettably no longer available for comment, for obvious reasons).

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
but op when i watch citizen kane this year then ill play your game. until then your place in my mind is you sniffing a mans rear end in whitey tighties

----------------

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

sorry for telling the epic epstein meme guy to play my game. i hope you can forgive me

anyway, at least check out the cool trailer my artist made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM6W7wPEVwY

We put genuine effort into making something fun instead of just being a quick gimmick, so I think if you liked the stuff in that goldmined thread about it last year you'll like the finished version.

I liked the trailer

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia posted:

exciting new version of Tromi is in the works. a variable speed curve that will appeal to beginners and experts alike by adapting to to the player's skill...less volatile grading...clearer stats during replays...a brand new, never before heard soundtrack by the composer of some of the greatest game soundtracks ever made...all of this and maybe more if i can think of more stuff to add between now and release. and it will remain free for everyone forever of course. coming this March i hope. please be excited

update: im told the new music is in the recording phase, and in the meantime ive been losing sleep and driving myself insane changing every little thing, its basically a whole new game mechanics-wise. and a lot of the visual stuff has been touched up too

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
the tetrominos are now pentominos

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

heehee posted:

the tetrominos are now pentominos

you can play pentomino tetris in jstris, it's kinda fun since it completely fucks up all your usual instincts

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

*blocks moving 0.1s faster when dropping*
gentlemen, welcome to the future of tetris.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mbt posted:

*blocks moving 0.1s faster when dropping*
gentlemen, welcome to the future of tetris.

this!

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Tromi babes ftmfw

----------------

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

P-Mack posted:

you can play pentomino tetris in jstris, it's kinda fun since it completely fucks up all your usual instincts

Or you can support your homie who is also a dev and stop playing cheap ripoffs of his product, maybe? mmkay?

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Or you can support your homie who is also a dev and stop playing cheap ripoffs of his product, maybe? mmkay?

This.

----------------

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

exactly. haters and the unsupportive can go to hell.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

now, about th babes

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

They suck, they gently caress, they spread lips and cheeks, and they don’t bother you while you’re grinding out Tromi runs. Jump in, brother.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Wormskull posted:

They suck, they gently caress, they spread lips and cheeks, and they don’t bother you while you’re grinding out Tromi runs. Jump in, brother.

Lmfao

----------------

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

P-Mack posted:

i have a weird visceral reaction to seeing pentominoes in a tgm-like setting

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They suck, they gently caress. They suck and suck and gently caress. Suck suck suck, gently caress gently caress gently caress. The Tromi and myco show.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They suck, they gently caress. They suck and suck and gently caress. Suck suck suck, gently caress gently caress gently caress. The Tromi and myco show.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Leadthumb posted:

re-animating this thread because i'm working on this abandonded project. I'm gonna complete this art set to the point where someone could make a game with it to pad out my portfolio.

jumped right in where I left off with battle animations, here's the wizard, and previous characters for reference:

i feel like it fits right in for not having worked on this for over a year.

lemme know

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

mbt posted:

lemme know

Recently the guy that started it said he wants to salvage the project, and my other friend is visiting for my bday soon and we're gonna discuss it. If he bails again I will absolutely hit you up if you wanna make a fun short dq style game.

RATS!
Dec 23, 2008

im excited to try it

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
I'm going to do some game dev this year

----------------

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

RATS! posted:

im excited to try it

We have a much clearer initial goals for the project, and everyone is being a lot more direct about what they want. Hopefully we can get this short demo done as a foundation to build on, because it will be fully playable and I wanna try it too lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
hi ive finally released this:

https://mycophobia.org/tromi/

please play it. thanks

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mycophobia posted:

please play it. thanks

bookmarked.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Hype

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Hizke posted:

Drained my nuts nonstop to lewd tromi sluts all day. My penis thanks you!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

mycophobia posted:

please play it. thanks

looks great, and I love the philosophy behind the work

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

mycophobia posted:

please play it. thanks

hell yeah congrats myco

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Subjunctive posted:

looks great, and I love the philosophy behind the work

you do know he supports the holocaust right?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mycophobia posted:

please play it. thanks

Nice dude

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

mycophobia posted:

please play it. thanks

How can I support the dev if you refuse to accept payment?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

That Little Demon posted:

you do know he supports the holocaust right?

yet another person who misunderstands Solution. take it to the Dean, rear end in a top hat

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

mycophobia posted:

please play it. thanks

wait did you really get the Sims guy to do new music for this? that's badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

tmfc posted:

wait did you really get the Sims guy to do new music for this? that's badass

yeah that was kind of the whole impetus for doing a version 2 in the first place, as i wanted something i had all the rights to. but it took long enough that i effectively made it an entirely new game