Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Fishstick posted:

Adding to the pile of extremely questionable design decisions: plasteel and diamantite pickups in maps are individual, so whoever picks it up gets it and everyone else gets shafted.

A very strange choice when coins were shared in CW, and this kind of thing is only gonna make racing to get drops worse.

afaict that's only for contracts; my group tested for shared drops as far as resource goes up and it seems to be shared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Corbeau posted:

Finally got a chance to try the force staff this morning. It's... interesting. It feels clunky and slow, overlaps in resource use with headpopping, and the fireballs are pretty anemic. And yet... it's a true ranged AoE option, and allows your teammates to hoover up ammo without bothering you. Ammo hasn't been an immense concern so far IME, so that benefit is minor, but having an AoE option at all is a pretty big difference. Is it worth it? Tough to say. I prefer the shotgun, I think. But if it gets buffed in strength before release then it could easily become busted.

It's worth it if you have a buddy who can pick up the slack on popping special heads via whatever methodology when you can't cool down in a hurry from staff use.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Corbeau posted:

Yeah, it felt pretty mediocre to bad as sole psyker but with a second psyker it actually felt pretty great.

In my case rolling with a veteran with excellent aim and target priority did the trick. Since there is one less person eating ammo, the rest of the team is able to shoot more which solves a lot of problems.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Orv posted:

"Hey lemme see if the Ogryn doesn't suffer from a speed penalty when carrying things"

https://i.imgur.com/Hje0Fta.mp4

The Ogryn does not in fact suffer movement penalties while carrying heavy stuff.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Deptfordx posted:

Is running out of bullets a common problem you're finding?

Granted I haven't tried Veteran yet.

Also I'm fighting against my VT2 instincts to get stuck in with melee for preference which probably helps conserve ammo.

Pre-staff I was constantly running out of ammo, very conscious of my 3 bars of stamina in melee. Also sometimes a special needs to die now, not in two seconds.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I love this poo poo, it might be a forever game for me but it's very early days.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

Kind of like how one never really uses the special ability as Veteran(as it is really wimpy) or your gun as Psyker(if you only had the revolver)

The revolver is hilariously strong and the veteran ability shatters specials like glass and highlights the rest of them for the team. As a psyker I was constantly running out of ammo from popping glowy special heads.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Left 40,000 Dead is fun and I hope they do another beta weekend or five before it comes out.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

Someone online was describing the auto-gun as a godlike weapon did any of you find it and try it?

I did not like it, but then I played psyker so who knows maybe the veteran can make it sing.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Senethro posted:

Where you've got prisoners, you can have wardens. You could have a Penal Officer class with Commissar as a career.

Could even make it a Veteran subclass, frankly.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Drop troopers are rad and unfortunately due to down = permanent progress I don't think we'll see them =(

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Wheeee posted:

from my limited experience with the beta it seems fatshark has nailed that weird space of 'fun despite not being actually good'

I can't parse this; define good

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Debating snagging this on steam instead of playing free on gamepass since it will eventually leave and all my progress will disappear into the ether, any good preorder deals exist yet?

You get two weeks of play before you would on game pass and you'd end up not having access to eventual DLC if you use gamepass to play.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Psyker posted:

That last part is wrong.

You can 100% purchase DLC for Gamepass games without owning the game.

The real question would be the duration of it being on Gamepass and whether that lines up with DLC in the future... but it'll be $20 in 6 months like everythng else anyways.

Fair enough, my bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

why not just open it up and play a couple matches of VT2 though? I'm gonna try it tonight, we still have like three weeks before the early beta so why not try it a little?

100 gigs of hard drive space is the issue for me.